Superb Order tracker

Cheers! My L&K spec was £1600 over the same options on the SE L Exec. When it came down to it, I couldn't justify enough of the L&K extras for the money. I wonder if I'll regret not ordering the rear wiper though :-)

Cheers! My L&K spec was £1600 over the same options on the SE L Exec. When it came down to it, I couldn't justify enough of the L&K extras for the money. I wonder if I'll regret not ordering the rear wiper though :-)

I think it would simply be handy to have when you get in the car after it's been raining or snowing. As a £0 option I considered it a no-brainer. I should think you should still be able to add it if you contact your dealer quickly. My dealer gave me 7 days to change options, although I never put that into practice.

Wow! Someone that's beaten me on the extras.

Like you I wasn't in favour of the L&K beige or brown, so I specked up an SE L Exec but it came to over £5k more than the L&K and when I saw how dark the brown was I thought For £5k I can live with it.

Congrats.

The brown leather is certainly not offensive (we have it in our 2014 FL L&K Yeti) the only bit that I’m not sure about is the brown on the doors, centre console but especially the dashboard! (these are black on the Yeti)

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-01%20at%2012.23.

I would love Moon white but that IMO means brown trim and I think that is just too big a hurdle for me

I know there are lots of detractors...but I'm still considering Moon White with Beige Leather.

The thing is I dislike a dark interior and I really fancy a white car...having never had one.

I have a few weeks (until I actually see a car and decide to buy one) to mull it over.

• Like 1

Billyjim,

I slept on it, considered what you and others have said and reworked the figures using the same approach the dealership took (with 10%) of retail. I also called up my insurers and got more definitive like for like information on the insurance groups - the cost increase was there but not actually as much as I'd expected. Given the dealership has offered 10% off the RRP of the base vehicle, the overall cost is now almost the same. Luckily the dealership had not processed the factory order, and has agreed to change it tomorrow to the L&K spec  :sun:

Thanks to everyone and this forum for helping me make a better choice!

• Like 1

OK, so here's the revised spec I'm going go with at the dealership tomorrow:

Superb Hatch Laurin & Klement 2.0 TDI 150 PS 6G Manual

Brown Leather Upholstery with Beige headlining

18" Pegasus anthracite alloy wheels

Metallic Paint - Cappuccino Beige

Temporary Space Saver Spare Wheel

Hill Hold Control

Bluetooth®+ with Phone box

Media Command

SmartGate

Rear View Parking Camera

Smart Light Assist

Travel assist with traffic sign recognition and display

Heated Windscreen Washer Nozzles

Extended Warranty 5yr / 100,000 miles

• Like 1

All you chaps that have ordered cars...have you done so without actually seeing the car?

Not seen in the flesh, but many hours of watching all the reviews online and having had two previous Superbs has given me the confidence to do so. I want to trade up whilst there's some trade in value left on my MkII.

OK, so here's the revised spec I'm going go with at the dealership tomorrow:

Superb Hatch Laurin & Klement 2.0 TDI 150 PS 6G Manual
Brown Leather Upholstery with Beige headlining
18" Pegasus anthracite alloy wheels
Metallic Paint - Cappuccino Beige
Temporary Space Saver Spare Wheel
Hill Hold Control
Bluetooth®+ with Phone box
Media Command
SmartGate
Rear View Parking Camera
Smart Light Assist
Travel assist with traffic sign recognition and display
Heated Windscreen Washer Nozzles
Extended Warranty 5yr / 100,000 miles

Would press the "Like even more" button if there was one. Not gone for the rear wiper freebie then?

All you chaps that have ordered cars...have you done so without actually seeing the car?

Yup. Faith in the brand.

Would press the "Like even more" button if there was one. Not gone for the rear wiper freebie then?

Thanks :-). I appreciate all the good reasons you've suggested for having the rear wiper but I much prefer the look without it - and I've survived fine without on both MkIIs so far - I'm lucky to be able to garage at home so my morning starts don't suffer from foggy glass.

I have measured the garage opening to ensure that new beast will fit but it's going to be a bit tight - I'm hoping to try some tape marks on the floor to align with the rear parking camera...

The brown leather is certainly not offensive (we have it in our 2014 FL L&K Yeti) the only bit that I’m not sure about is the brown on the doors, centre console but especially the dashboard! (these are black on the Yeti)

I do wonder how these descisions are made. The Skoda execs gather round the table for a strokey beard meeting - "so we have a flagship model with the highest trim level, we need something really special to set it apart from the other trims". Que lots of beard stroking... "I've got it - will make everything BROWN!".

• Like 1

I do wonder how these descisions are made. The Skoda execs gather round the table for a strokey beard meeting - "so we have a flagship model with the highest trim level, we need something really special to set it apart from the other trims". Que lots of beard stroking... "I've got it - will make everything BROWN!".

Of all the browns they could have chosen...

Edited by Didorx

Screen%20Shot%202015-08-01%20at%2012.23.

I would love Moon white but that IMO means brown trim and I think that is just too big a hurdle for me

Thanks :-). I appreciate all the good reasons you've suggested for having the rear wiper but I much prefer the look without it - and I've survived fine without on both MkIIs so far - I'm lucky to be able to garage at home so my morning starts don't suffer from foggy glass.

I have measured the garage opening to ensure that new beast will fit but it's going to be a bit tight - I'm hoping to try some tape marks on the floor to align with the rear parking camera...

Now to throw a curve ball into the equation! 

After seeing this postI was nearly 5 mins into the video when I finally released that it had the brown and black dash! maybe I really do need to see one in the flesh before I make my mind up as if it took that long to notice then it can’t be that bad... can it??   :think:

• Like 1

Now to throw a curve ball into the equation! 

After seeing this postI was nearly 5 mins into the video when I finally released that it had the brown and black dash! maybe I really do need to see one in the flesh before I make my mind up as if it took that long to notice then it can’t be that bad... can it??   :think:

I'm committed now - Cappuccino Beige metallic, brown leather seats, beige headlining, piano black / brown / black dash. I'll just have to learn to love it. What's disturbing though is since hunting round YouTube for footage showing the L&K brown interior, every other advertising video I'm forced to wait through is for the new Stannah personal lift...

• Like 1

So i've got my order number, and now the waiting truly begins. How many weeks/months until a build date is allocated?

Edited by JesVRS

Well as per my other thread, in the end I decided to defect for my next company car lease and ordered a Jag XE. In all likelihood I'll be looking on and seeing you lot driving around happily in your new Superbs and still be waiting! I hope you all love them. :)

I'm thinking mid-end November, but will be eagerly tracking far too often.

Have you tried tracking your order via the Skoda website? Mine still says "waiting for build date" : (

Have you tried tracking your order via the Skoda website? Mine still says "waiting for build date" : (

"trackmyskoda" by any chance? See this topic http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/217949-track-my-skoda/

I willingly stand to be corrected, but AFAIK there is no genuine official Škoda order tracking site.

Skoda Customer Services advised me to ring them for update on orders by quoting SLI/Order number 03330 037 504. Hope this helps.....

Excellent... thanks!

Will ring twice a day.. until the car is delivered.

Edited by Didorx