What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Best thing you can do mate. Nice one.

VFR's more than capable of blowing away any Corsa, but when its so clear theyre willing to actually knock you off in order to not let you passed, its not even funny anymore.

You did the best thing you could have. Just got away from it (:

Just been out for a quick blast on the Daytona.  Gave it a 'very' quick clean before I left and checked the tyre pressures.  The back one is losing air so popped it on the paddock stand and the only thing I can find is it looks like it has been plugged before.  I cannot see it leaking from there but it may well be slowly.  That or it isn't sat on the rim properly.  In any event I cannot say I am too happy about having a repair in the centre of the tyre.  So that will be looked at better next week.

Met up with some of the RATS for a brew and a natter.  Went to the first meeting place and it was shut.  No one else turned up but I was slightly early there.  Waited around for a while then checked FB on my phone and they had changed the venue so off again.  Why they didn't send a text which I would have heard arrive instead of a message on FB I don't know but sorted it in the end.

Nice brew and excellent cake then straight back home as it is bloody freezing out there.  Luckily I had dresses accordingly but nevertheless I am still cold and sat at home with the heating on trying to thaw out in the second half of June FFS!  Looks like it starts to warm up from tomorrow again and not before bloody time.

I've just bought myself a nice 1966 Triumph Tiger Cub to keep the BMW company, luckily it is warm and sunny here at the moment so great biking weather.

• Like 1

Decided to clean my riding gear last night as it was throwing it down and forecast for the same today. Well the sun is out and my bike gear is still wet :(

May as well get the bike cleaned again, the downsides of going off-road, and get the ACF50 applied

Edited by CWARD
  • Like 1

Decided to clean my riding gear last night as it was throwing it down and forecast for the same today. Well the sun is out and my bike gear is still wet :(

May as well get the bike cleaned again, the downsides of going off-road, and get the ACF50 applied

Its nice having good clean gear though!

Oil and filter replaced together with severe chain clean and re lube on the outgoing Honda CB500x. Bike looks great ready for my son to have it tomorrow morning. He's excited too. The OE oil and filter cost me the grand sum of £40.......better than handing over £130 to Honda!

Picking up my new BMW F700GS on Wednesday

post-49472-0-96334700-1466845165_thumb.jpeg

Oil and filter replaced together with severe chain clean and re lube on the outgoing Honda CB500x. Bike looks great ready for my son to have it tomorrow morning. He's excited too. The OE oil and filter cost me the grand sum of £40.......better than handing over £130 to Honda!

Picking up my new BMW F700GS on Wednesday

Goof stuff. Judt looks like a new bike!

Excited for the F700GS though? Itll be like christmas? :D.

Goof stuff. Judt looks like a new bike!

Excited for the F700GS though? Itll be like christmas? :D.

Yes, looking forward to Wednesday, and double joy as my son will have the Honda tomorrow. I really like the Honda as a small useable piece of kit. As I am retired it does not get a daily hammering and I can always choose when to ride it. I don't avoid the rain but it always gets a thorough clean and dry after ride outs. Hence the good condition.

We are planning a joint trip out during July to take in some low flying RAF planes in Wales that someone posted on Briskoda not so long ago.

Yes, looking forward to Wednesday, and double joy as my son will have the Honda tomorrow. I really like the Honda as a small useable piece of kit. As I am retired it does not get a daily hammering and I can always choose when to ride it. I don't avoid the rain but it always gets a thorough clean and dry after ride outs. Hence the good condition.

We are planning a joint trip out during July to take in some low flying RAF planes in Wales that someone posted on Briskoda not so long ago.

Sounds great. Gotta look after em. I cant bare to even think of buying a bike in good condition and destroying it like some of my mates do.

That sounds like a good trip! Good that you get on well enough to do that. Theres a certain somebody on here that likes RAF planes. He'll be tagging along if you arent careful ;):D.

Sounds great. Gotta look after em. I cant bare to even think of buying a bike in good condition and destroying it like some of my mates do.

That sounds like a good trip! Good that you get on well enough to do that. Theres a certain somebody on here that likes RAF planes. He'll be tagging along if you arent careful ;):D.

I will take the warning............but son joins the RAF in few weeks, so I will have to be a plane freak.

Like you, I can't bear the thought of the bike being unloved. For me, part of the pleasure, is in looking after the machine and feeling confident when I am riding it.

• Like 1

I take it the plumber is referring to me Kev. :D   So that will be the Mach Loop then I guess.  Not been myself and would love to but I may see the odd one or two in the Lake District next month when I am up there.  Had two fly over us in the Golf when we had the roof down last time we were up there.  Nearly crapped myself! :notme:

I agree entirely about keeping the bikes clean as they are a  lot of money and it would be daft to just let them get crucified by salt and rubbish.  Hence why mine is treated by All Year Biker every year and then I can just hose it down and dry it off without getting all anal about it.

Fingers crossed for good weather when you pick it up anyway.

• Like 2

Chris,

Yes it's the Mach Loop. Looks incredible. I recall scrambling up the last part of Helvellyn from Striding Edge, when one screamed over me. Frightened the hell out of me as it seemed to come from nowhere without warning.

Weather looks a bit changeable next week but it does not matter. I don't mind riding in the wet as it keeps the mind focussed. Shall check out the All Year Biker stuff as never used anything like that before. Cheers

I have done Striding Edge and that certainly isn't a place you want to be distracted on. :no:

If you google All year biker you should find someone near you with a bit of luck.  Had mine done twice now and when it is finished it looks showroom standard with the real point being the ACF50 protects the stuff you cannot see.

• Like 1

Well have re-tighten the belt drive, changed the fork oil (it was last done by me some eleven/twelve years ago when I had had the bike for three years. The fork oil was a lovely colour, not, and then cleaned the flies of the bike.

• Like 1

Well have re-tighten the belt drive, changed the fork oil (it was last done by me some eleven/twelve years ago when I had had the bike for three years. The fork oil was a lovely colour, not, and then cleaned the flies of the bike.

Good stuff. Thats something thats somewhat overlooked isnt it! 

Chris,

Yes it's the Mach Loop. Looks incredible. I recall scrambling up the last part of Helvellyn from Striding Edge, when one screamed over me. Frightened the hell out of me as it seemed to come from nowhere without warning.

Weather looks a bit changeable next week but it does not matter. I don't mind riding in the wet as it keeps the mind focussed. Shall check out the All Year Biker stuff as never used anything like that before. Cheers

I've used ACF50 and Scottoil FS365. The first is very gloopy, a bit of a PITA to apply (best done with a compressor and paint gun) and goes on quite thick, but underneath your bike remains in good nick though the crud does stick to it. The FS365 is quite cleaver stuff as it's suspended in water and is very easily to apply and you simply let the water dry off and the silicone oil protects your bike. It's intended to be used more regularly than the ACF50 but I quite like it as my bike still looks good once it's applied. You pays your money and all that.....

if you fancy doing it yourself

Fs365

• Like 1

It is actually Trevor that does my bike as he is from Lincoln.  He is very thorough and each bike takes him 3 - 4 hours.  He has done mine twice now and I shall certainly be using him this back end to do the TEX again.

As you say Ade the ACF50 is a bit gloopy of sprayed on.  It is better to spray onto a rag and then wiped on sparingly but of course they do it with a compressor and sprayer because it mists into the places that we couldn't possibly reach.

I haven't tried the FS365 so cannot comment on it other than to say if you are happy with it Ade it can't be bad!

Said it before and here goes again. ACF50 place the tin the in hot water whilst you're cleaning the bike down prior to it's application. Remove the tin (wear a glove) give it a shake and comes out much thinner. Remember that it creeps so will find it's own way into the nooks and crannies that hard to get at. Anything that you are really struggling to reach just spray a little in the cap and use a small soft brush apply.  

I used FS365 prior to ACF50 as the price of the former made me wince but it doesn't perform anywear near as good. For example if you have a bolt that has a bit of corrosion on it ACF50 actually cleans it up and prevents it progressing further. FS365 is a protective coating that doesn't last that long. ACF50 gets into any corrosion and treats it whilst providing further protection. Dirt does stick to it, hence why you only need a thin coat. Give a quick jet was and the dirt is gone but the ACF50 is still there. 

Edited by CWARD

Good advice that.  Thing is for me I am happy to pay the £60 to have Trevor do it as I just know there is no way I would spend 3 -4 hours cleaning my bike in the freezing cold as he does.  I do not have a garage and he has to do it outside (under a gazebo if need be) and this year it was in December and the year before January!  His luck has improved though as I now have a shed. :D

• Like 1