What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Travelled 38 miles today looking for 80, 500 and 2000 grit paper to remove the over spill paint from the powder coater's before I can put the bearings.

Travelled 38 miles today looking for 80, 500 and 2000 grit paper to remove the over spill paint from the powder coater's before I can put the bearings.

38 miles? For sandpaper?

Bet that was abit annoying. Caused abit of friction i bet :D

Did they not tape it off and use blanks etc? My wheels had the coating just where it wanted to be when i had em done on vfr. Not a tiny bit where it shouldnt. All in the prep i guess?

Ade.

Brilliant. Thanks for that. You must be a mind reader! I had never even heard of Nippy Norman before.

Kev

I've bought loads of stuff from him. The only things I had a problem with were a T shirt that was too small that he changed quickly for the next size up and a bolt that fell out of my rear hugger and he sent me 3 plus the top hat nuts that arrived in a day or so after emailing him so all in all top service.

Wunderlict stuff is excellent quality - I have the rad guards as well as the rear hugger and sidestand enlarger. SW motech are good too-I have their engine bars that work! He's a good source for ACF50 too if you use that and does the 0.95 litre bottle and hand spray for a decent price. I think you get free postage on orders over £50 too but it's easy to spend loads more!

Have you done the deal then?

Just like to put on record that I freely admit that there are some cafes in the County that I have not visited 'yet'!  Can't think where there was another one on the A17.  Was it open?  There is one near Sleaford that I visit sometimes but it is proper china cups and I thought it would be a bit posh for a plumber and a bloke who works with cars!! :D

I have spent the rest of the day catchig up with the Moto GP practice and qualifying............................and snoozing! 

Good day out and we will have t0 do it again soon but find somewhere a bit more central and then maybe, just maybe we can entice some of the others in here to join us for cake and banter.

• Like 1

Just like to put on record that I freely admit that there are some cafes in the County that I have not visited 'yet'! Can't think where there was another one on the A17. Was it open? There is one near Sleaford that I visit sometimes but it is proper china cups and I thought it would be a bit posh for a plumber and a bloke who works with cars!! :D

I have spent the rest of the day catchig up with the Moto GP practice and qualifying............................and snoozing!

Good day out and we will have t0 do it again soon but find somewhere a bit more central and then maybe, just maybe we can entice some of the others in here to join us for cake and banter.

The first brew at Chris Walkers was abit posh for me. Served in a breakfast bowl n a dinner plate. Km only used to mugs out the van :D.

Motogp good mate?

Im not fussed about riding any distance tbh. I just love riding, so its a pleasure :D.

Im sure we can think of somewhere different. we'll sort something. Maybe twke it further south n get MattChelski to join? And the other Oli can be persuaded im sure? Kev? What about you? :D

I've bought loads of stuff from him. The only things I had a problem with were a T shirt that was too small that he changed quickly for the next size up and a bolt that fell out of my rear hugger and he sent me 3 plus the top hat nuts that arrived in a day or so after emailing him so all in all top service.

Wunderlict stuff is excellent quality - I have the rad guards as well as the rear hugger and sidestand enlarger. SW motech are good too-I have their engine bars that work! He's a good source for ACF50 too if you use that and does the 0.95 litre bottle and hand spray for a decent price. I think you get free postage on orders over £50 too but it's easy to spend loads more!

Have you done the deal then?

Now there's a funny thing. Having complimented the dealers on their professionalism, I received no call backs today so have not placed the order.

As I am old and grumpy (and away in Barca for F1 testing next week) I am not going to chase after dealers. I am happy to hold out for the best deal I can get, even if it means waiting and going elsewhere at the end of the month. Slightly irritated, but not over bothered. There's loads of bikes out there.

Now there's a funny thing. Having complimented the dealers on their professionalism, I received no call backs today so have not placed the order.

As I am old and grumpy (and away in Barca for F1 testing next week) I am not going to chase after dealers. I am happy to hold out for the best deal I can get, even if it means waiting and going elsewhere at the end of the month. Slightly irritated, but not over bothered. There's loads of bikes out there.

Thats crazy. Literally failed on the last hurdle.

Shame really. Thats the easy bit, theyve already done the hard work! N it sounds like they did it well too.

Madness :D

Thats crazy. Literally failed on the last hurdle.

Shame really. Thats the easy bit, theyve already done the hard work! N it sounds like they did it well too.

Madness :D

Yes sadly. I can feel my wallet tightening too out of moderate irritation. Looks like I might be bombing around on the old KLE for a while.

Yes sadly. I can feel my wallet tightening too out of moderate irritation. Looks like I might be bombing around on the old KLE for a while.

Buy the Triumph ;). Enjoy the triple ;).

• Like 1

You nasty man...Leave the poor bloke alone - he's one of the afflicted like MR and me :sweat:

Haa. Well if BMW dont get back to their customers :).

You comin to this next meet too mate? (: be good to meet at last!

Haa. Well if BMW dont get back to their customers :).

You comin to this next meet too mate? (: be good to meet at last!

In my experience they are very helpful but don't push their customers - 'we' just bought SWMBO a 2 series coupe and the car dealership were very similar though we did get proper coffee in proper cups there!

Hmmmm....now I could be tempted depending on where and when, though I'd have to set off the day before MR on his XR ;) If kev got his F700 we could out number you infidels too  :giggle:  

• Like 1

Please you all had a good ride, I'd love to be part of the next one :)

I beat the pesky rusty screw and fitted my hugger yesterday. Looks a lot neater now.

Up early for the Bike for Life Air Ambulance ride today. Pictures to follow this evening.

In my experience they are very helpful but don't push their customers - 'we' just bought SWMBO a 2 series coupe and the car dealership were very similar though we did get proper coffee in proper cups there!

Hmmmm....now I could be tempted depending on where and when, though I'd have to set off the day before MR on his XR ;) If kev got his F700 we could out number you infidels too  :giggle:  

Kev hasn't done the deal yet and we may still lure him away from the Germanic charm you seem to have fallen foul of!  I seem to recall his main gripe about the Tiger was that he didn't like the way the pipes were at the front and my simple answer to that is you can't see it when you are riding it and bikes are for riding and if you get off it for cake just start to look at the cake and you won't see them then either.

We would like to meet up with any of you lot 'even' if you ride a Harley so all are wecome and we just need to find somewhere a bit more central.  I seem to recall that  Matt worked something out regarding distances of each of us so I will have to see if I can find it again.

• Like 3

Please you all had a good ride, I'd love to be part of the next one :)

I beat the pesky rusty screw and fitted my hugger yesterday. Looks a lot neater now.

Up early for the Bike for Life Air Ambulance ride today. Pictures to follow this evening.

Sounds like a plan

Pics? ;)

• Like 1

Got the trusty KLE500 prepared for sale with a good clean.

MCN slate this machine. Load of nonsense......they are crackers.

post-49472-0-84321800-1462721424_thumb.jpeg

post-49472-0-76780400-1462721570_thumb.jpeg

post-49472-0-73117000-1462721776_thumb.jpeg

Sounds like a plan

Pics? ;)

Well here is a photo of the bike yesterday after I'd fitted the levers, new mirror and the rear pyramid hugger. I have a carbon fender extender on order and after that I can't really think of anything else that needs to be done... Any suggestions let me know!!! Note the single seat cowl and handles are back on because the better half comes out a lot with me now, she loves it and the VFR is a dream two up.

image_7.jpeg

Today I also went on the Bike for Life 2016 ride out for Air Ambulance, there was a 20ish mile ride out on a closed motorway which Steve Parish led and then a festival at RAF Cosford where James Toseland's band played, spitfire fly over and stunt display etc. It was an amazing day and all for a good cause. Here's a photo from the start point, lots of bikes out of shot as well. An estimated 6-7 thousand bikes!!! I even got to have a little chat with Steve Parish.

image_9.jpeg

image_10.jpeg

Photo quality isn't great, just off the phone I'm afraid.

Edited by Fabia_19
  • Like 1

Blimey we only had 150 on our Air Ambulance run.  Mind you it was the first ever one in the area so I don't suppose we can complain.  A great charity but is shouldn't be.....................................a charity!

• Like 2

Blimey we only had 150 on our Air Ambulance run.  Mind you it was the first ever one in the area so I don't suppose we can complain.  A great charity but is shouldn't be.....................................a charity!

Definitely something to aim for now, it was brilliant to see so many people supporting a charity which you'll never know when you'll need to call on them! I am in full agreement about it shouldn't be a charity!

The weather was an absolute dream too.

VFR is looking great there, some nice additions.

That's a proper looking bike meet, makes the briskoda meet of 3 look a bit amateur !!!

I can't believe how many were there to be honest! I thought last year was big but this year was bigger by over 3,000!

Thanks for your comments on the VFR, I had the exhuast system as the first modification and they make a massive difference, they really let the V4 sing!

I've just ordered a nice leather Bagster Baglux tank cover for it too. I think that's how it'll stay for the foreseeable future :)