What did you do to your bike today?

fabiamk2SE

Don't think; just do it. You won't regret it.

Sounds like the advice i sort of dont need? :D :D. You love em then? 

I would love one though. I think im gonna have a word with Griff at AP when i take it in for a service on the 7th. Unless i go down before... 

• Like 1

Yep I had one on my Busa first and now the Thou. The sound is so addictive.

I bet. Bit of a pop n a bang as you upshift? 

Just as you think a Busa n a GSXR 1k doesnt need any more help gaining speed :D

I think it'd suit the Tuono tbh. The sound, the giggles n change gear smoother n faster. 

Went for a very short ride with the new belt drive conversion and new centre stand completed. Found the belt was rubbing on the gearbox housing and yes everything is centred and tensioned correctly. To solve the rubbing I will need to drain the engine oil and remove that part and simply grind it down. Bit disappointed but on the upside the new centre stand is fettled and sits there correctly without the bike liable to move off the stand with a breath of air. :D

Weather was epic all morning set to rain a lot and thunder storms all day from 1pm........ that was until the butterfly effect of me taking the bike out for my noon MOT..... FML! 

EDIT 

Just about to head into town for the weekly shop and remembered something..... I forgot to put bike in and it's been sat out in heavy rain, hail and a mighty impressive thunder storm OOPS! 

Edited by FUBAR

What did I do to my bike today?

Nothing, because I haven't got one now.

I looked at some pictures of my new one and thought "6 weeks is a long time!"

• Like 1

Yes it is and the summer will be long gone by then...............if we ever have one. :D

............and the shops will be out of cake. Take that Christopher!

• Like 1

Bout me an Alpinestars jacket. £260 gone! Well happy with it though. Want the matching trousers and boots too but went on a whim so didnt have enough cash on me.

Might have another trip next week if i get chance :D.

Pleased with the jacket though. Very comfy and feels very good quality

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Bout me an Alpinestars jacket. £260 gone! Well happy with it though. Want the matching trousers and boots too but went on a whim so didnt have enough cash on me.

Might have another trip next week if i get chance :D.

Pleased with the jacket though. Very comfy and feels very good quality

Sounds nice, where did you pick it up from?

I have the Alpinestar supertech gp boots, comfiest things I've ever worn. Got the GP pro gloves too, shame the AS leathers didn't fit me brilliantly. I wear some Arlen Ness leathers, felt they fitted my shape a lot better.

Sounds nice, where did you pick it up from?

I have the Alpinestar supertech gp boots, comfiest things I've ever worn. Got the GP pro gloves too, shame the AS leathers didn't fit me brilliantly. I wear some Arlen Ness leathers, felt they fitted my shape a lot better.

J&S in Northwich mate :). Wasnt gonna buy anything but yanno how it goes. My mate spent £1300 just like that lol.

Theyre good arent they?

Ive got AS boots at the moment and they have been good. Had em 6 years n theyve been great.

Dont mind buying again when things have served me well :D.

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1

Took the primary pully's off and have now filed/rubbed enough of the gear change casing away so that I have no noise. The Italian manufacturers are now working with the local triumph dealer to find an answer. Simple not enough clearance therefore make the primary pully's diameter smaller.

Tomorrow I can put it all back together with some thread lock.

• Like 1

Rode the bike tonight for a shake down, only six miles but it felt ok apart from the gear selection so will adjust the clutch as I bought a new one. Will check all the important bits tomorrow to assure myself that it is ok.

• Like 1

Had a ride out myself tonight too, 100 or so miles. Lovely night for it! 

Tuono was on form. Only one thing that wasnt and that was all the traffic. I finished work abit earlier for a change so i could go out, but all the bloody cars on the road i wished i'd left it until later. 

Cant stretch the T's legs with cars everywhere. Could barely move for em on the A roads. 

Some chump did overtake me in a Peugeot 206 (mudflaps and a big exhaust to complete the package of course) in a 40mph limit. I have no idea why? just meant i had to go past him when it went NSL and his little motor would barely accelerate up the hill. Why would you even do that? :D

Finally got my finger out my ass today and took my new bike for a ride out,

Going from a YBR125 to a 600 hornet is truly like night and day,

Put around 50miles on it and can truly say i absolutley knackered,

Sure it will get easier the more miles i do,

altho i did begin to enjoy myself after the initial hesitation,

As a good friend said nice and steady and build myself up slowly

• Like 1

Finally got my finger out my ass today and took my new bike for a ride out,

Going from a YBR125 to a 600 hornet is truly like night and day,

Put around 50miles on it and can truly say i absolutley knackered,

Sure it will get easier the more miles i do,

altho i did begin to enjoy myself after the initial hesitation,

As a good friend said nice and steady and build myself up slowly

Good stuff!

Yeah things will get smoother as you start to get used to it and you'll start to enjoy it more and more. Just dont rush it, take it steady n itll come (:

Took a ride from Worcestershire down to Plymouth on my trusty Honda before it goes to my son.

Pretty darn cold today and not many bikers around. Did not expect to have the grips switched on.

• Like 1

Took a ride from Worcestershire down to Plymouth on my trusty Honda before it goes to my son.

Pretty darn cold today and not many bikers around. Did not expect to have the grips switched on.

Was a tear shed at the thought of it being the last ride though?

Was a tear shed at the thought of it being the last ride though?

Just a teeny droplet. Shall be riding back tomorrow and that will be it.

I don't know about you, but when a change of bike is looming, you always seem to think, "how good this bike is".

To be honest, the Honda is a little belter. Had it not been going to my son, then I would have kept it. It is too good to put back on the market. (Equipment, mileage and condition).

For an old git, I am actually get rather excited about the incoming model though!