Help! - 'free' servicing woes

Hi Folks,

Ordered my vRS TDi estate 17th December 2013 with 0% PCP and free servicing offer, and collected it on 1st July 2014.

Today dropped into the dealer for the 1st service and got a phone call 3 hours later saying my car wasn't on the system as having a service plan, and I would have to pay for the service if i wanted it.

I Called VWFS to see what was going on and they also have no record of me having free services, only the finance.

Went back to dealer to see what was going on and it seems, to me, they have not registered me for free servicing at the time of collection, and they need proof i was offered/sold it. (Sales guy I used is no longer there too)

I don't have any paperwork for it because the paperwork was never done. I was under the impression that VWFS put car on servicing database and send me a letter, but I obviously never received it.

The dealer doesn't have any record of the 0%/servicing offer from late 2013, the've asked for old campaign details from Skoda UK but that could take a few days.

Does anyone have any paperwork from Skoda UK showing finance/servicing offer from December 2013?

Maybe a flyer or advert or something? I think it was part of the '3 big reasons to buy a new skoda' campaign. Google was not much use to me here.

Did anyone else receive paperwork at the time of collection regarding free servicing? what am i missing that I should have been given?

Car is home now, unserviced. Going back in on Wednesday to try and sort everything out.

Cheers!

This may help?

Yes thanks. I also have an email from carwow saying to order now before the deal ends.

Ideally i need something official from skoda though, like a price list or offer advert.

I don't know why I don't have anything myself in writing. Frustrated at the dealer, p***ed off with myself for not having it sorted at the time.

To be fair mate I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. When there's a well publicised campaign (manufacturer backed), I'd say it's a fair assumption that the dealers will have registered for it. Also if you're like me, I'd think I was being a d*ck by stating the obvious at the time. Hope you get it sorted.

I had a similar issue when we ordered our Yeti in 2012.

For a short period of time Skoda were offering free servicing for all models, they then changed it after order date and before delivery to remove the free servicing for 4x4 versions of the Yeti.

Roll forward to Oct 13 when first service was due and the same thing happened.

Selling dealer had no record of the car being registered for free servicing, servicing dealer Service Manager was not interested in pursuing my claim.

Eventually managed to get another sales guy at a dealer who used to be a sponsor of this forum to investigate on my behalf.

After a fair amount of work the computer was updated and I got my money back from the dealer who did the service.

As an aside - When the finance manager called me to talk about the refund I explained that the service manager would not entertain the fact that I believed I was entitled to free  servicing.

She did some investigating herself and as if by magic the service manager "left" some time after..

You should have gotten a letter from SUK detailing the free servicing, I did.

Yes, we did with the Citigo we purchased a few months after the Yeti, but when you have nothing to warn you that you should have a letter, the fact that you don't have one is not so obvious.

Letters detailing free servicing seem to be hit and miss, just checked I don't have one for my Superb, and have had no issues with getting my car serviced for free. Car was picked up in August 13, and not serviced by the supplying dealer. I seem to recall at the time being told it was just registered on the system and you won't necessarily receive an acknowledgement.

I got the free servicing for three years with the vrs. Never received a letter or signed anything to confirm this, was told it was all stored on the database under the cars VRM and never had any problems

they know very well the offer until 01/01/14 was 0% and 3 years free servicing.  I'd have thought it should be on your order papaerwork, but in any case I'd call skoda UK customer services.

oops i forgot the reason for actually posting in the first place, which was to say that I have emails from August 2013 and another from December 2013 from skoda UK stating free servicing (when bought on finance) so i think it's pretty clear the offer was running during that time.

Thanks folks,

Back to the dealer for the service tomorrow, will have to fund it myself until this is resolved.

I have also raised it with Skoda Customer Services, so hopefully will get something sorted out in the next few days.

I suspect the dealer forgot.  It happens, mine made a mistake.  I paid cash for the car so no free servicing but decided to buy the SUK 3 year service pack.  When booking my first service (different dealer) my car wasn't on'the system'.  A few phone calls soon sorted it as my supplying dealer were good at rectifying the error.   They paid for service #1 and a 2 year used car service pack which covers service 2 and 3, the brake fluid change and mot #1.  The Mot wasn't part of the new car 3 year package iirc, so I've gained slightly.  I had the paperwork to show I'd bought the service pack though, so it was unlikely to be a point of contention.

Does your car paperwork show the service pack as a selected option?

dorfl you are a legend! this is exactly what I need.

Model_offer_vRS_estate.png

Good news indeed, but be interested to see if they try to wriggle around the words "subject to availability" & "model exclusions apply". Let us know how you get on.

I suspect the dealer forgot.  It happens, mine made a mistake.  I paid cash for the car so no free servicing

Saw advice from others on here & didn't pay cash but paid it off during the 14 day finance cooling off period. Cost me £9 interest charges & for that got the deal - £500 from Skoda, £500 from dealer & free service for 3 years. Hope I can get similar deal at next change but doubt it.

I did the same...... HOWEVER... The dealer told me you have to pay the finance for a minimum of 4 months and minimum of £4000 otherwise the free servicing WILL NOT be activated.

So I paid mine off after 4 months after checking with the dealership that it was active.

I did the same...... HOWEVER... The dealer told me you have to pay the finance for a minimum of 4 months and minimum of £4000 otherwise the free servicing WILL NOT be activated.

That can't true, mine is £284 a month and had it's first free serice when 6 months old....

I got mine on the 3 year interest-free PCP at the end of last October, and was told all servicing in the 3 years was free (as was AA membership for the car) but can't find any specific wording on the paperwork stating this to be so. Is there anywhere I can check it, apart from ringing the dealer of course. First service is not due till this October.

Re above, I have emailed my dealer to ask them to confirm my deal includes free servicing for the duration of the PCP (3 years.)

Edited by ednmra