Liquid Nitrogen: To freeze/remove wart ...

Chan110

it will be painful for all of two seconds.  if its on your lip then even better as less pain there,

Try having your toe nails removed, now thats painful

I can testify to that as I have had both done in the past.

The liquid nitrogen hurts for about 5 secs until the nerves get shut down.

the toenail removal hurts for about a month especially when you forget for a second and walk the wrong way on it!

I can testify to that as I have had both done in the past.

The liquid nitrogen hurts for about 5 secs until the nerves get shut down.

the toenail removal hurts for about a month especially when you forget for a second and walk the wrong way on it!

Yeah i had both my big ones done at the same time, after putting up with strawberry balloon toes from infected ingrowing toe nails for a few years i eventually got them done,   i forgot the pain when somebody stood on them iin that state was a whole lot worse.....lol

Both done at the same time - ouch.

I only had my left one done but it was agony enough. Especially as, between the time the wound was dressed during surgery and the district nurse coming round a couple of days later, a good sized scab had formed through the mesh like gauze they had used.

Took a full 30 minutes of soaking it and (allegedly) gentle pulling on the dressing to remove the old dressing and the scab. Needless to say every time she pulled the dressing, I was nearly through the roof!

I had one in the palm of my hand as a little tucker about 11 years old I think.  I remember the freezing part being uncomfortable - but then I was young.  The worst memory for me is when it was thawing out later. :(

As an adult I think I could cope with the pain but as a little'un I think it left me with a bit of a mental scar (not a physical one thankfully as I had repeated freezing treatments too!)

What are you complaining about? When I was at uni some phd thought it'd be funny to throw a mug of liquid N2 at my nads!

Shouldn't hurt that much btw. Be sorer when the dead bit drops off.

• Like 1

What are you complaining about? When I was at uni some phd thought it'd be funny to throw a mug of liquid N2 at my nads!

Did they drop off?

• Like 1

When i was young i suffered terrible with warts - both hands and both knee were smothered.

Had them all frozen when i was about 13 or 14, hurt for a bit, but as said, only for a few seconds depending on how much of a wimp you are :rofl:

Never had a flare up since..... touch wood :happy:

Did they drop off?

Said in a very high piched voice     " NO "

• Like 1

I removed a wart on my thumb with a modelling knife while I was very drunk.  Lots of blood and I've no recollection as to whether it hurt or not.

Nine operations to date removing an ingrowing toenail.  The ninth op seems to have done it, thanks Eastbourne DGH B) 

Gaz 

I removed a wart on my hand with my teeth many years ago. Was at the base of my ring finger and I kept picking at it with my thumb is it eventually started to kind of work 'loose'. For some reason I then decided to have a bite at it as you would a Wicklow. Got hold of it with my teeth and pulled... Queu lots of blood and a hole in my hand as it came out root and all.

You'll be fine Wayne. I had one removed from a finger. They use a gun like instrument that shoots a pulsed fine jet of nitrogen out and they zap it repeatedly until they've covered the whole wart. It will hurt a bit and depending on the wart you may need a second blast a month later but you'll be glad you had it done in the end. Just make sure the doc gives you some good pain killers!

• Like 1

I had a big one on my hand as a yoof. I found sizzling it on the top of a 100W lightbulb did the trick.

My grandmother used to advise rubbing the wart with a bit of raw meat then bury the meat in the garden, when the meat rots your wart will drop off.

Personally I went the freezing way and found it painfree and I'm the biggest baby going.

I'm impressed at the level of man medicine on the forum.

Mainly involving knives and fire

Jack-Black-And-Michael-Cera-Wearing-Cave

• Like 3