The 280PS Thread

5 hours ago, paul_7_7_7 said:

Pedal boxes are a recurring theme here - what affect have people seen on their insurance?

Yes, same in Aus, no effect on insurance (as has been noted: it doesn't increase power or 'performance').

The pedal box is by far the best addition to the car so far. I drove my wife's Octavia yesterday (1.8L TSI) for the first time in a few weeks, with the standard accelerator and the throttle/response literally felt dead compared. I couldn't believe the difference.

11 hours ago, paul_7_7_7 said:

Pedal boxes are a recurring theme here - what affect have people seen on their insurance?

Aviva wouldn't cover it when I enquired. Though I'm not convinced they understood what it was 

Managed to surprise a Nissan 350Z from the lights this afternoon. I’d imagine he is googling what the hell that Skoda was.  

My round trip mpg to central London and back from Nottingham averaged out to 41. 

5K miles into ownership of my 18plate L&K I’m still liking my decision.  Sure a CLS Sportbrake or a V90  looks better but both cost more and are slower, less well equipped off the bat.  

I wish the parking sensors were better, throttle response is bobbins  and I wish I didn’t choose Black as I already have visible scratches (must get to the ceramic coating)  but at the end a good compromise between cost and performance for a  very spacious motor. 

Edited by Leccy

5 minutes ago, Leccy said:

Managed to surprise a Nissan 350Z from the lights this afternoon. I’d imagine he is googling what the hell that Skoda was.  

My round trip mpg to central London and back from Nottingham averaged out to 41. 

5K miles into ownership of my 18plate L&K I’m still liking my decision.  Sure a CLS Sportbrake or a V90  looks better but both cost more and are slower, less well equipped off the bat.  

I wish the parking sensors were better, throttle response is bobbins  and I wish I didn’t choose Black as I already have visible scratches (must get to the ceramic coating)  but at the end a good compromise between cost and performance for a  very spacious motor. 

Hope a Moderator doesn't read your Traffic Light win. They frown on people encouraging others to race on the public road. I should know got banned for a similar comment.:sweat:

1 hour ago, buck890 said:

Stunning! Took me a while to get used to that colour but love it now. Enjoy!

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Hope a Moderator doesn't read your Traffic Light win. They frown on people encouraging others to race on the public road. I should know got banned for a similar comment.:sweat:

Being a 'casual contributor' on the 280ps threads (as an owner of one) and having seen a lot of contributions from you which on a few occasions result in some 'banter' for want of a better expression , have you now bought a 280ps  (or 272ps)  Superb and forgot to change your details , or just asking why you tend to hang around on a part of the forum that is totally unconnected to your Octavia ? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boxerdog1 said:

Being a 'casual contributor' on the 280ps threads (as an owner of one) and having seen a lot of contributions from you which on a few occasions result in some 'banter' for want of a better expression , have you now bought a 280ps  (or 272ps)  Superb and forgot to change your details , or just asking why you tend to hang around on a part of the forum that is totally unconnected to your Octavia ? 

I think there are a few of us wondering the same. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Let's put this in perspective.

@Leccy posted something really quite innocuous - once.

The post you referred to was the latest in a long line of similar posts - all of which contravened the Site Rules but points were only awarded for the last one. The ban occurred due to how the Site software allocates points etc and the frequency in which that happens.

If I was being really pedantic then I'd also point out that the last sentence quoted above is also in contravention of the Site Rules and ignorance isn't really an excuse is it! Nuff said?

1 hour ago, Boxerdog1 said:

:D

• Like 1

From what I can tell, this shyVRS dude is often acting exactly like the kid who wasn’t invited to the party, came anyway, and then shat in the pool just to get a reaction. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, buck890 said:

Afternoon, bought a 2018 280 yesterday, pick it up of Friday, cant bloody wait!

60996572_10157820140895961_3244429153075724288_o.jpg

That looks crap. Wouldn’t touch a 280 and certainly not in that colour! 

Oh wait....

I’ve had mine for a year now and still love it. Awesome car, I’m sure you’ll love it. 

BAF4C38E-7210-4C24-B3CD-79C6BB16D8E9.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Oh wait....

I’ve had mine for a year now and still love it. Awesome car, I’m sure you’ll love it. 

I swear Porsche has a solid 'crayon' colour like that as an option

2 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Oh wait....

I'm sure I will! Especially when I get my JB4 and pedal box fitted to it from my vrs.

26 minutes ago, KeteCantek said:

I swear Porsche has a solid 'crayon' colour like that as an option

It's very similar and ditto Nardo grey which Audi use.  The problem is with this tone is that it can change quite dramatically depending on it's surroundings. e.g; look like mink/mushroom colour near anything red/brown, so it's hard to make a comparison. 

A quick google suggests the paint codes are: 

Crayon - LDX7

Nardo - LY7C

Meteor - LZ7H

I would assume that these codes, being different, indicate that there's subtle differences in the colours being used (?) 

Edited by penguin17
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

It's very similar and ditto Nardo grey which Audi use.  The problem is with this tone is that it can change quite dramatically depending on it's surroundings. e.g; look like mink/mushroom colour near anything red/brown.

A quick google suggests the paint codes are: 

Crayon - LDX7

Nardo - LY7C

Meteor - LZ7H

I would assume that these codes, being different, indicate that there's subtle differences in the colours being used (?) 

There's loads more even than that.  Seat have one IIRC, as do Toyota (seen a few Yaris' in a solid grey).

Did it all start with Renault when they introduced the V6 255 Clio with the primer grey option?

Just now, Swervin_Mervin said:

There's loads more even than that.  Seat have one IIRC, as do Toyota (seen a few Yaris' in a solid grey).

Did it all start with Renault when they introduced the V6 255 Clio with the primer grey option?

Yeah but I was thinking of the mainstream VW group ones ;)

The ST200 Fiesta is my favourite one out of all of the 'primer' shades. 

I recall reading something about Porsche using a similar grey a few decades ago, though I could be lying/imagining that.  [starts to google]

15 hours ago, TGR said:

From what I can tell, this shyVRS dude is often acting exactly like the kid who wasn’t invited to the party, came anyway, and then shat in the pool just to get a reaction. 

You must be confusing me with Ozzy Osborne.:rock:

• Haha 1

Just to update on a previous thread . ..  I will be picking up my new Skoda Superb 272 L&K from Rainworth Skoda next Tuesday :) Train ride to Mansfield where they will pick me up and take me to the dealership and my awaiting new purchase. Looking forward to the drive home hopefully following some of the advice from the "running in TSI engines" thread!

The dealership has confirmed they were able to add the extended 2 year factory warranty for £630 so it does seem to be possible for non-factory orders if done before the car is registered which happened yesterday. Hope this info is useful for others as there were differing opinions. I still think the extended warranty is good value especially as it can be transferred if  i do decide to sell within 5 years.

Now I must start to research pedal boxes :) 

Cheers all

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Littlewiz said:

Just to update on a previous thread . ..  I will be picking up my new Skoda Superb 272 L&K from Rainworth Skoda next Tuesday :) Train ride to Mansfield where they will pick me up and take me to the dealership and my awaiting new purchase. Looking forward to the drive home hopefully following some of the advice from the "running in TSI engines" thread!

The dealership has confirmed they were able to add the extended 2 year factory warranty for £630 so it does seem to be possible for non-factory orders if done before the car is registered which happened yesterday. Hope this info is useful for others as there were differing opinions. I still think the extended warranty is good value especially as it can be transferred if  i do decide to sell within 5 years.

Now I must start to research pedal boxes :) 

Cheers all

I’ve had two Race Chip XLR’s and I’ve been happy with both; made my 280 significantly more responsive and fun. 

• Like 1