What deals have people got - discounts, pcp, pch

Here's my quote from coast2coast.

The list price on the Skoda configurator for this spec is £33515. See here: http://cc-cloud.skoda-auto.com/CarCard/71894433

Coast2coast price is £26314. This doesn't include the rough road pack. Add that on, and the saving would be almost spot on £7k.

Screen%20Shot%2008-13-15%20at%2007.20%20

342 payments? OUCH  :sweat:  Some error I hope :-)

Cheers for the info muddyboots. A little concerned if the car is delivered directly there is no chance to check it over before accepting it? Who's carrying out the PDI? As you say though taking a hit of two months interest is still quids in given the huge initial discount no one else seems to be getting close to. It makes you wonder how much the average punter is getting ripped off by just going to a dealership and getting 5% reduction if lucky!

Talking to the finance guy in White Dove and he told me they have a 14% margin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it's been asked before (but not answered) - has anyone here actually ordered a car from, for example, Coast to Coast? And if so what was the experience like?

Ordered my new Superb through Carwow before finding this today.  I couldn't believe the discount I got but then checked with Coast2Coast for

Vehicle Skoda Superb Estate ESTATE 1.4 TSI 150 SE L Executive 5dr Factory Options Bluetooth Telephone preparation
Bluetooth with phonebox
Colour maxi dot trip computer
Lane change assist and blind Spot monitor
Maxi dot trip computer
Park assist (inc front/rear parking sensors)
Smart light assist
Travel assist with traffic sign recognition
Towbar with electric swivel function
Electric driver's seat with memory
Electric front seats with memory
Removable rear parcel shelf
Variable boot floor
LED interior light pack - Superb
Metallic - Quartz grey
Hill hold control
Keyless entry and start
18" Zenith alloy wheels
Space saver spare wheel Additional Options   Basic Price £20,712.50   Factory Options Price £4,670.81   Discount £5,538.16   Additional Options Price £0.00   Sub Total £19,845.15   Manufacturer's Delivery Cost £425.00   VAT £4,054.03   Road Fund Licence (12 months) £0.00   First Registration Fee £55.00   ON THE ROAD PRICE £24,379.18 TOTAL SAVING

£6,645.79

That's another £1,000 that would have been saved.  As my son keeps reminding me "Never be an early adopter".

Ordered my new Superb through Carwow before finding this today.  I couldn't believe the discount I got but then checked with Coast2Coast for

Vehicle Skoda Superb Estate ESTATE 1.4 TSI 150 SE L Executive 5dr Factory Options Bluetooth Telephone preparation

Bluetooth with phonebox

Colour maxi dot trip computer

Lane change assist and blind Spot monitor

Maxi dot trip computer

Park assist (inc front/rear parking sensors)

Smart light assist

Travel assist with traffic sign recognition

Towbar with electric swivel function

Electric driver's seat with memory

Electric front seats with memory

Removable rear parcel shelf

Variable boot floor

LED interior light pack - Superb

Metallic - Quartz grey

Hill hold control

Keyless entry and start

18" Zenith alloy wheels

Space saver spare wheel Additional Options   Basic Price £20,712.50   Factory Options Price £4,670.81   Discount £5,538.16   Additional Options Price £0.00   Sub Total £19,845.15   Manufacturer's Delivery Cost £425.00   VAT £4,054.03   Road Fund Licence (12 months) £0.00   First Registration Fee £55.00   ON THE ROAD PRICE £24,379.18 TOTAL SAVING

£6,645.79

That's another £1,000 that would have been saved.  As my son keeps reminding me "Never be an early adopter".

Think you will find that it is only the drivers seat that comes with memory.

A local dealer has this - Superb 2.0TDI CR 170ps Elegance DSG Delivery Miles Black Magic metallic with space saver spare wheel RRP £27845 Save £7855 Now £19990  

Bargain ?  Run out old model ?

A local dealer has this - Superb 2.0TDI CR 170ps Elegance DSG Delivery Miles Black Magic metallic with space saver spare wheel RRP £27845 Save £7855 Now £19990

Bargain ? Run out old model ?

that's Simpsons isn't it? Is rather go for a mk3 for that money personally but I guess it's a fair price for what it is. :)

Yes it is. Did wonder whether it was a bargain Mk3 or a del mileage Mk2. I'd have put money on the latter.

Theres no Elegance trim level for the mk3 nor 170ps unit so it's a mk2 Superb.

Theres no Elegance trim level for the mk3 nor 170ps unit so it's a mk2 Superb.

Wait until the MK3 is officially launched and it will drop even more I reckon (unless it sells in the meantime) 

Yes it’s a bit of a bargain... BUT I would rather wait for delivery of the MK3

• Like 1

Has anyone actually bought a car from any online dealers? How do you check the car over before delivery if it's not in a dealership? Also, if any faults develop on the car what do you do? In fact that same question goes for buying from a dealership - do you have to take it back to where it was ordered if faults need fixing or can you take it to any other dealership? Would a dealership be less accomodating if you didn't buy from them but needed warranty work?

I am all for getting 7k off a new car but I'm wondering where the catch is?

I see that this has still not been answered!

I have bought from Broadspeed (NEVER again!) and Carwow... this was faultless.

Carwow is very much like Coast2coast appear to be, i.e. they give you a quote then ALL of your dealings are done directly with the dealer, including ALL payments, so basically no different to you going direct to the dealer, all they do is remove the haggling process for you.

Obviously where this can fall flat on it’s face is when you get a crap supplying dealer, we were lucky as we chose Allams in Epsom and Neil Baldwin was spot on!

Neil ran through the car with SWMBO for a good hour when we collected it.

As for warranty work, Škoda pay the dealers for doing the warranty work, so its still income, I had a couple of warranty claims on the Superb and they were both handled without fuss. (from the non supplying dealer)

I've ordered a Superb Estate SE Business in Quartz Grey on PCH.

£1490 down + 23 * £179, that's inc VAT.

20k miles over the 2 year lease.

Additional miles are 7.2p, quite reasonable.

I dealt with Geraint Stone at Skoda Newport, Wales. Very friendly so would recommend asking for him should you visit this dealer.

I took the trip over to Newport as they have a couple of both Hatch and Estate models and were more than willing to let me take one out for a test drive.

I'm coming from a BMW 530i Sport Touring Auto so quite a different car and was concerned about the refinement of a 4-pot diesel. The Superb does quite a good job of masking this so went for it. Would have preferred the DSG box, and it's what I test drove. But, as expected, on a PCH the financials for the DSG didn't work out so went for the cheaper manual.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 1

That looks just like the Simpsons deal. Just out of curiosity did you get the choice to add any options?

All Skoda dealers have access to the same PCH deals.

You can add any option since it's a factory order. On PCH you almost always pay the full list price of any option over the lease period so difficult to financially justify most of them. So a £240 option would put your monthly rental up by £10 on a 2 year lease.

My 5 series has Xenons which I've become accustomed to but they're a £1k option on the Skoda. Just not worth it on a leased car, it'd turn this competitive deal in to a mediocre one.

Edited by Tesla

The SE business ticks nearly all the boxes for me but I just don't like the standard wheels and would love a sun roof. So I guess the going to work out about an extra £60 per month more. Like you said it doesn't make the deal look as good with them added.

We too ordered from Freedom Contracts. Found them excellent to deal with if a mound of paperwork, some of which seemed a duplication of other forms we'd already signed.

Went for a 2.0 150ps SE Business DSG estate in petrol blue with space saver spare, heated screen & seats (Scotland!), and rear parking camera. On 6+23 (as 3+23 was about £700 more overall), 15k mileage each year, maintenance included (servicing and tyres).

Cost £240 processing fee, £1650 deposit and £275 per month. Additional miles 12.2ppm (annoyed at jump from 7.2p just cos we added maintenance but when tyres are covered not too bad). Without maintenance cover would have been £251pm & £1512 deposit. Just waiting on build week to be confirmed.

Edit - we got quotes with & without the extras and it worked out we were paying about 75% of the cost of the options.

Edited by Maturestudent

Tell me...

What is the attraction of acquiring a new car this way rather than doing so via `Cash`, `HP` or `PCP`?

I tend to change my car regularly and have often thought about leasing/hiring rather than buying.

Tell me...

What is the attraction of acquiring a new car this way rather than doing so via `Cash`, `HP` or `PCP`?

I tend to change my car regularly and have often thought about leasing/hiring rather than buying.

Sometimes the leasing works out cheaper over 2-3 years than any of the other options.

For me leasing looks the way forward. Having worked out that at the end of my pcp deal I am not going to see much of the £4500 I put in as a deposit so would rather pay less per month and put the difference in a savings account to pay for the next lease deposit.

Why lease?

My husband and I work in the same city, a daily round trip of almost 60 miles. Two annual train season tickets would cost almost £4k a year, so it's more economical for us to commute together by car. Therefore we need a reliable car that has good fuel economy. The car also needs to deal with family life like shopping, hobbies including scuba diving, a removal service for a child at uni, and be easy to get into and out of for my elderly mum. Therefore not a small car.

Due to other financial commitments we have had to buy older cars for the last 8 years, with the resultant higher maintenance costs, higher road tax and poorer fuel economy. These commitments have lessened and we were looking to buy a nearly new or up to 3 year old car in a year or so. The loan would have been at least £350 a month over 3 years even with a 1/3 deposit (£5k+), plus maintenance costs and road tax.

As you'll see from my earlier post, with the lease deal we are getting a brand new car with the latest fuel economy & safety technology and our chosen extras, while paying a much lower deposit and monthly cost, over a shorter period, with maintenance plus road tax included. The total cost over the two years is less than the amount the car will depreciate in that time.

It's also like getting a fixed rate mortgage as we know what our car costs will be for those 2 years thus allowing us a better opportunity to get our other finances on a better footing.

Edit - Plus no haggling with dealers on part exchange value or the hassle of dealing with tyre kickers/rip off merchants if selling privately.

So the question to me now is not why lease, but why buy?!!!

Edited by Maturestudent
  • Like 2

I have been reading the following information with a view to using some of these tips. It's a few years old now and doesn't mention online brokers but it seems like sound advice.

http://howtofindbuyandsellyournextcar.blogspot.co.uk/

I think the approach I'll take is that I want to buy from my local dealer rather than online to build up a relationship with them as I will want to service the car there. Using the tips from the link I'd go in and talk to the sales manager to negotiate their best price. Then leave and find other offers online giving them the final chance to match a price. If they get close I'd pay a bit more to take delivery from the local dealer. Otherwise I'll take an online broker based on reputation. Of course I want the cheapest price but similarly I don't want to buy from a company with bad rep. I'm happy paying more to get the customer service.

If ordering from an online broker how do you include service plans and/or extended warranties? There's no options from Coast2Coast to add this.

These can be added when you place the order (the form you fill out is purely for an initial quote) the service plan / extended warranty is @ RRP.

Cheers for the info muddyboots. A little concerned if the car is delivered directly there is no chance to check it over before accepting it? Who's carrying out the PDI? As you say though taking a hit of two months interest is still quids in given the huge initial discount no one else seems to be getting close to. It makes you wonder how much the average punter is getting ripped off by just going to a dealership and getting 5% reduction if lucky!

The car is supplied by a Midlands based Škoda (Fleet) dealer, if you wish to you can collect the car from them.

Just been chatting to Gordon from Coast2coast about finance. The cars are sourced via Skoda fleet; to be able to do this, they have to be bought on finance. As someone else mentioned, this is via Barclays.

If you have the means to pay outright, you can buy on PCP then - at any time - request an early settlement figure from Barclays. They will charge a fee for this, equivalent to 2 months interest (not much in the scheme of things).

Also max deposit is 30% of car value.

Cars will be delivered direct to you, and you will be the first owner.

Deposit of £1000 is needed at time of order, this goes to the finance company (not coast2coast).

Hope this helps :)

He also explained to me that the finance company they use (Jigsaw) do not always charge a deposit.

I know it's been asked before (but not answered) - has anyone here actually ordered a car from, for example, Coast to Coast? And if so what was the experience like?

Not yet....

All of your correspondence goes through coast2coast rather than the supplying dealer, this in theory takes a bit of the risk out of the equation if the dealer is not one of the better ones.

I was going to order through carwow, however their deals have now dropped from 14% off to 2%... which is substantial on a £35K car, maybe the dealers have met their quota this ¼??