What deals have people got - discounts, pcp, pch

My car was purchased from newcardiscount.

You pay the £500 deposit with your credit card. legally that makes the credit card company liable for the full value of the car if something goes wrong with the transaction. That was enough for me to feel safe.

The buying process was completely smooth and any email queries have had immediate replies. They are there when you phone too.

They do offer good discounts but I think the discounts were even greater when I bought mine :) .

More on NCD in this thread - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/370722-broker-purchasing-experiences/page-2

[

Thanks Robert, that is very helpful, as a matter of interest, was it recently?

​Strange, I got the £1000 from Skoda & £1,850 from the dealer . I assume he is still "quids in" even after that . Perhaps your dealer Bugginbob was out for all he could get ?

I don't doubt it. Was considering a cash purchase on an Octy vrs first and they wouldn't discount that from list at all. They just wanted to sell me one on pcp. I shan't be going back, even for servicing.

Edited by Bugginbob

My car was purchased from newcardiscount.

You pay the £500 deposit with your credit card. legally that makes the credit card company liable for the full value of the car if something goes wrong with the transaction. That was enough for me to feel safe.

The buying process was completely smooth and any email queries have had immediate replies. They are there when you phone too.

They do offer good discounts but I think the discounts were even greater when I bought mine :) .

More on NCD in this thread - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/370722-broker-purchasing-experiences/page-2

[

Thanks Robert, that is very helpful, as a matter of interest, was it recently?

check the thread I linked to. Delivered on a trailer just before xmas. 4 miles on the clock.

check the thread I linked to. Delivered on a trailer just before xmas. 4 miles on the clock.

Same here, also ordered through newcardiscount. 21% of,f delivered on a trailer with 4 miles on the clock within 12 weeks from order.

A mate of mine has today signed up to this:

Audi A4 1.4 TFSi Sport Saloon.

PCH, 10,000 miles/annum, 9+23, so £1,274 down and then 23 months at £141. £360 processing fee.

This equates to £203 per month.

I'm amazed at how well specced the A4 is now, even the base spec SE gets xenon headlights.

005-2016-audi-a4-sedan-1.jpg

Edited by silver1011

A mate of mine has today signed up to this:

Audi A4 1.4 TFSi Sport Saloon.

PCH, 10,000 miles/annum, 9+23, so £1,274 down and then 23 months at £141. £360 processing fee.

This equates to £203 per month.

I'm amazed at how well specced the A4 is now, even the base spec SE gets xenon headlights.

005-2016-audi-a4-sedan-1.jpg

Even if that's without vat that's some deal.

I signed up for this in December and earlier this month the deal improved by £760. I sent off an email , not expecting them to do anything, the next day I got a new contract through for the reduced amount, result!! Roll on March

Links working perfectly Silver.

Diesel prices are much higher and I don't like the interior - completely over egged the sport thing.

But great deal on a premium car.

This is the type of deal where leasing is brilliant. If you aren't fussy about what you want and are prepared to drive whatever comes up cheap you can have some very reasonable cars for not much at all.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Went via a dealer and got a small discount off their showroom superb estate SEL 150 DSG as I didn't want the hassle of waiting 3-4 months for it to arrive. Had to make some compromises on spec ie no Canton and horrid zenith alloys but had some nice things thrown in like sunroof and keyless. Deal was pretty average, £4k dep + £2k from dealer + another 4% off list. 2.8% APR over 42months came out as £355. Added service 3 year service pack for £22pm which I didn't query at the time but now seems excessive (£924 for three services!).

Went via a dealer and got a small discount off their showroom superb estate SEL 150 DSG as I didn't want the hassle of waiting 3-4 months for it to arrive. Had to make some compromises on spec ie no Canton and horrid zenith alloys but had some nice things thrown in like sunroof and keyless. Deal was pretty average, £4k dep + £2k from dealer + another 4% off list. 2.8% APR over 42months came out as £355. Added service 3 year service pack for £22pm which I didn't query at the time but now seems excessive (£924 for three services!).

Not sure what an average service would be for one of these tbh, but that does seem a little pricey.... maybe 700-750...is not like it should need much doing to it in the first 3 years....

• Like 1

I would recommend you check that servicing deal, as the brochure has the 3 years/30k miles Service Plan for £528 including VAT...its on the bottom of page 33 in the current brochure.

P.S. you didn't have a Nissan 350Z previously, did you? Your username seems very familiar.

Edited by thepook
  • Like 1

I would recommend you check that servicing deal, as the brochure has the 3 years/30k miles Service Plan for £528 including VAT...its on the bottom of page 33 in the current brochure.

P.S. you didn't have a Nissan 350Z previously, did you? Your username seems very familiar.

Lol yes impressive memory, DT from nissansportz & 350z-UK here! Still have the 370ZN - the Superb is a replacement for my wife's 116d.

Just checked the brochure and you're right, will get them to amend their pricing accordingly...

I got PCH through Simpson's Skoda in Preston

£770 first payment followed by 23x £255 for a Superb SE Business Edition 2.0TDI Estate. 15k mileage per year.

That's virtually the same deal I got for the same car just with heated seats from Wings in Peterborough.

My PCP deal works out around £385 per month for an L&K 190 DSG estate + options, with 25000 miles per annum over 42 months.

I've been able to put £5,500 deposit down in total which keeps the costs a little more controlled.

Got £1000 Skoda loyalty plus £2000 Skoda finance contribution. Also got a healthy discount via Carwow. Total OTR for the car is just under £37k (yeah, I know!). The total finance is less than £26k which also keeps the final payment under control but I intend to chip away at that over the next year or two - especially when I sell my current Superb.

Overall, I'm very happy with the deal I got.

If I have a few good A/C installs this year, I'll be able to pay it off in full.

Edited by dstev2000

Not sure what an average service would be for one of these tbh, but that does seem a little pricey.... maybe 700-750...is not like it should need much doing to it in the first 3 years....

OK so it seems that the £528 is the standard maintenance package for three years. The "extra" £400 care & maintenance package relates to additional coverage for wear & tear to consumables like pads, discs, fluids and bulbs, but NOT tyres. Think I'll cancel this option because it seems like poor value - I reckon we'll do less than 25000 miles in three years and I doubt the rotors will need changing that quickly. Pad maybe, but only the fronts and they're cheap as chips.