best vrs estate tdi tyres

hi all got to replace my 2 front tyres just wondering best for grip wear in both wet dry conditions got a octavia vrs 2.0tdi 170 est not got loads of money any help advice please cheers rob.

We run ContiSport Contact 5 on the gfs TT. The Audi fitment version have reasonable rim protection too.

Was planning to put a set on the VRS when the current ones are shot - anyone else run them?

thanks for replies looks like i have to replace all 4 as just done some research on the ones i got on and there bl**dy winter tyres wintrac xtreme giugiaro tyres gunna keep them for winter

Have recently changed the Conti 2s on my car to Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 2s.  Noticeably quieter and a slightly better ride.  Since the change haven't driven in the rain so no feedback for that.  I did also consider the Uniroyal rainsport 3.  As I also have a set of winter tyres expect the F1s to last until I sell the car.

I've been running Michelin PS3 for a while now and they seem a good all rounder.

Wintrac extremes are silent winter tyres. We use those in winter on our petrol Vrs.

Super we use Goodyear eagle asymmetric 2, excellent tyres. Can't comment on other suggestions as not tried then.

If you are a Costco member Michelin pilot sport 3v were under £100 with £50 cash back on top is you bought 4

• 2 weeks later...

had them done the wintrac tyres that were on were buggered only 1 of the 4 was ok so gunna sell it i went to cooper tyres of shipley/bradford £276 all in i think thats great value just gunna wait a while till they bed in and give them a bit of stick.

Nicely timed thread as the cheap nasty tyres that dealer fitted to the car will have me in ditch at the slightest hint of a damp road. I have previously been a fan of Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta and Michelin PS3's but like the sound and price of the Uniroyal RS3's. Anyone had experience of how this tyre performs against the Vredestein and Michelin?