serious work this time!

hummmmm, i'd say Kev's will have far better topend flow as he's using a stock 6+1 comp wheel and Steve's is on a billet 11+1 i believe which proven doesn't flow as well top end and higher boost levels it only helps spool

I've heard of 2 separate 11+1 billet wheel 2260's turbos die now at 2.4bar!!!

The jury is out on if these uprated Cam's make all the difference that is claimed, yes they will help utilise a wider power band but out & out peak bhp i'm not convinced

as for mappers its always gonna be one and 1/2 a dozen of the other, no point in comparing Faboka & D*rvTech as i'm sure each mapper has there own style/way of mapping and both have had lots of success with many cars & as for RR figures fuk me we all know thats a bloody dyno lottery

lets hope u 2 have fun at Combe shame its such a long way a way otherwise i'd join in the fun

also i highly suspect Kev's run the closer ratio gearbox

• Like 1

Shame they both get beaten by a 2.0 fabia... :D

Banter aside I'll be watching this thread and related threads with interest. I'm thinking of going the gtb route at some point and threads like this provide excellent knowledge for future projects.

• Like 1

Steve sent me a link to a video of the acceleration of his car last night with the new cam in.

I'll definitely say that it seems a fair bit quicker than my setup! The acceleration seems pretty brutal to be honest!

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

The jury is out on if these uprated Cam's make all the difference that is claimed, yes they will help utilise a wider power band but out & out peak bhp i'm not convinced

Do you understand how truly retarded that statement is?

I'll say this very slowly for you:

BHP = Torque x RPM

If you increase the RPM at which peak torque is produced, even if the peak torque figure remains exactly the same, then you will make more BHP. This is what a longer duration cam does, and it usually narrows the power band to do it.

If the jury is you silky then god help us all  :D

Looks like mine will be back on the road in around 2 weeks all being well.  Using the 10.5 cam, big valves and breathing. :)   My Finland package arrived today.

Nice, I'm expecting silly numbers from your setup, maybe as much as 350 BHP, fingers crossed.

Nice, I'm expecting silly numbers from your setup, maybe as much as 350 BHP, fingers crossed.

I am hoping for that number with just diesel and meth on.

Do the gearbox's last long at that sorts of power though?

I'd be worried about something letting go every time I floor it.

Yeah, I am wondering whether to get a spare box, but this one has the strengthened forks installed, and the gears themselves seem solid.  I think they could be damaged more by abusive shifting / mis timed shifting, etc.  And the peloquin diff should hold up too.

hummmmm, i'd say Kev's will have far better topend flow as he's using a stock 6+1 comp wheel and Steve's is on a billet 11+1 i believe which proven doesn't flow as well top end and higher boost levels it only helps spool

I've heard of 2 separate 11+1 billet wheel 2260's turbos die now at 2.4bar!!!

as for mappers its always gonna be one and 1/2 a dozen of the other, no point in comparing Faboka & D*rvTech as i'm sure each mapper has there own style/way of mapping and both have had lots of success with many cars & as for RR figures fuk me we all know thats a bloody dyno lottery

lets hope u 2 have fun at Combe shame its such a long way a way otherwise i'd join in the fun

also i highly suspect Kev's run the closer ratio gearbox

Yeah mines standard box.

I've never said mine will be quicker ;) tbh you would need to be retarded to challenge a car with a cam and headwork if your car was standard engine wise :)

Matt's right about engine bay, looks way better white.

Steve, out of interest what were the road (or track ;) ) conditions when you took this video?

After watching it again, it appears that you very roughly do 30-130mph in about 12 seconds.

That seems a little unbelievable even for a 300bhp Fabia if I'm honest. A 700bhp RS4 did the same in just over 12s by comparison...!

Here's a few 30-130mph times recorded at vmax

Simon Norris - Evo9SWB - 6.19

Porsche 911 Turbo (X50) - 13.44

Porsche 911 GT3 - 15.73

Ferrari 360 - 16.14

Skyline GTR32 - 20.01

Monaro - 33.91

Honda Accord Type R - 40.64

That's a very quick car Steve

• Like 1

Do you understand how truly retarded that statement is?

I'll say this very slowly for you:

BHP = Torque x RPM

If you increase the RPM at which peak torque is produced, even if the peak torque figure remains exactly the same, then you will make more BHP. This is what a longer duration cam does, and it usually narrows the power band to do it.

If the jury is you silky then god help us all :D

god help anyone that listened or took advice off your drivel! you will not automatically make more BHP at all, As the knock on effect of the higher duration camshaft is you loose some torque because of this do you not think peeps have already experimented with uprated cams for the PD already????

the stock cam suits the lower end turbo's that spool early and have nothing after 3500-3600rpm the uprated cams suit the bigger turbo's that can make power/bhp after this RPM, thus moving and or increasing the rpm power band, so yo can hold onto that peak bhp figure for more rpm in some cases you can see BHP increase but these have been very marginal & as of yet i've not seen proven results so like i said the Jury is out on if the claims are true for the 30bhp increase that is quoted

but of course you need a fair comparison to measure these which isn't easy with some of the dyno figures that are flying around at the moment LOL!

the latest is 292bhp on stock nozzle on the 2260.............!

god help anyone that listened or took advice off your drivel! you will not automatically make more BHP at all, do you not think peeps have already experimented with uprated cams for the PD already????

the stock cam suits the lower end turbo's that spool early and have nothing after 3500-3600rpm the uprated cams suit the bigger turbo's that can make power after this RPM, thus moving and or increasing the rpm power band, in some cases you can see small BHP increase but these have been very marginal, so like i said the Jury is out on if the claims are true for the 30bhp increase that is quoted

but of course you need a fair comparison to measure these which isn't easy with some of the dyno figures that are flying around at the moment LOL!

the latest is 292bhp on stock nozzle on the 2260.............!

Is that what power your running lad?

Is that what power your running lad?

no lol i certain red fabia in our area that went to JDM dyno

nope mine not been on the RR yet pal, not fussed about BHP figure if mine only made 260bhp i'd be happy its how it drives and how much usable power it has that i want!

Thats double the stock output on a stock engine! yes you can get more but for the extra 20-30-40bhp how much does it cost and just how reliable will it be?

• Like 1

there was hardly anything with inlet worth doing just all exhaust ports done

can't help but watch that video and think its a petrol the way it rev's, i don't know of any diesel that will jump/rev rpm and mph that quickly in 1 gear or even sound like that?

sounds more like a motorbike engine noise dubbed over the top lol!

• Like 1

no lol i certain red fabia in our area that went to JDM dyno

nope mine not been on the RR yet pal, not fussed about BHP figure if mine only made 260bhp i'd be happy its how it drives and how much usable power it has that i want

thats double the stock output on a stock engine yes you can get more but for the extra 23-30bhp how much does it cost and just how reliable will it be?

Ah okay folk say dyno over reads lol, still awesome figures.