The Superb III Picture thread

8 hours ago, Bap33 said:

@pg28 I hope it'snot already back at your local dealer less than 1 week after delivery 🤔🙁.

@Bap33no of course it's not a Renault 😄

I'm back at home, so I can post easier the photos done during the delivery 😍

5 hours ago, IanW5177 said:

Picked up my new SE L Estate on 11/12/19 but it didn't stop raining for a fortnight so didn't get it cleaned until New Years Eve.  Scrubs up quite well I think.

My last 2 cars were Volvo XC60's and, so far, I'm well impressed by Skoda considering the price difference.  The comparable V90 is well over £40K list compared to £32K for the Superb.  Obviously discounts available on both but even so I reckon this was £10K cheaper minimum.

IMG_20200101_142730998 (2).jpg

IMG_20200101_142101536.jpg

IMG_20200101_142117954.jpg

Love the contrast between beige leather and the red exterior. Is that personal number plate originally from Northern Ireland?:talking:

• Thanks 1

@aratic It was a good idea to change your mind!😁 Mine is a Moon white estate with black trinity wheels (also 19" ones). I did not chose the colour, since I've signed the purchase order whereas the car was already being manufactured. If I were able to chose the colour, Meteor Grey or red Velvet would have been my favorite!

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, ope126 said:

@StadiGo what brand of spacers do you run; Eibach / H&R for example?

Sparco. Been using them in all of my cars for many years. No other particular reason than a rally shop nearby has all sizes allways in stock, and they have held up perfectly. Also use correct Sparco bolts for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StadiGo said:

Greetings from north of the arctic circle! Car is dirty after driving there and there really isn’t in the winter time any place to wash 😢 Car is for now stock except 13mm spacers in the front and 16mm in the back. Oh and studded tires of course 😄 . Pic is taken “High noon”

C8DDCEA2-2F00-4D4F-B18E-08BC7A4FC276.jpeg

Stunning!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StadiGo said:

Greetings from north of the arctic circle! Car is dirty after driving there and there really isn’t in the winter time any place to wash 😢 Car is for now stock except 13mm spacers in the front and 16mm in the back. Oh and studded tires of course 😄 . Pic is taken “High noon”

C8DDCEA2-2F00-4D4F-B18E-08BC7A4FC276.jpeg

Wow. Just wow.

Stunning scenery, stunning car, cute dog, amazing sunset/rise...........

What am I doing in soggy Britain??

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, coppertop said:

Fantastic photo from Lapland.  In such extreme conditions do fuel companies supply diesel with a lower freezing point? What other precautions do you need to take to run a vehicle at these temperatures?

Yes, the gas stations change their diesel to winter diesel in the fall.  Winterdiesel is often ok down to -35c or similar, it is marked on the pump. When really cold then the front grill is a good idea to block so that excessive cold air doesn`t get into the engine bay when drivng and engine stays warm. Also good to check that all fluids (coolant, washer fluid etc) are ok and dont freeze, otherwise something will give. Take care of your battery and get proper winter tires. Most people have some kind of auxiliary heater like webasto or electric heater that you can prewarm the engine/oil and the cabin before you start. Then just be easy on the car, I can tell you that at -30c EVERYTHING gets really stiff in all the cars. (Forget about using the touch screen 😄 ) Generally modern cars are quite ok in cold weather, but the less they consume the less excess heat they produce, so a petrol v8 is allways a good bet 😄

09659DE5-7EED-4736-9DA7-9892FF783FBD.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Bap33 said:

@StadiGo Oh... Is eyes make up mandatory to visit Lapland? 😯

Sorry... I'm already far away....😂

LOL, it’s complimentary 😄

Anyways, back to pics of car.  Put earlier  on some Soft99 Fussocoat to protect from salt and stuff.

906A46AD-B890-4A7D-B747-D910AC638954.jpeg

Edited by StadiGo
  • Like 3

StadiGo, thanks for the information of the cold weather precautions, quite fancy a trip in mine up to the Artic circle 😎  I am using FK1000P wax to protect which seems to be lasting really well at the moment.

IMG_3184.JPG.64c27e7b7ebce050356bfcb549699dca.JPG

Edited by coppertop
  • Like 2