The Superb III Picture thread

Loving this superb, I was tempted away from ŠKODA by a Kia Optima 4 & the 7 year warranty, but despite the Kia being a great car I just couldn’t quite get comfortable in it. So now back with a Superb L&K and it’s fantastic. Only thing I’m missing from the optima is the heated steering wheel so maybe at some stage will look at retro fitting one if that’s possible.

087C3AF4-F90C-42DC-878C-868187F4FA75.jpeg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Spyderjon said:

My facelift model Suberb arrived just over a week ago. I'm well happy. And props to Paul Fox at Rainworth Skoda for his excellent service. 

Superb 1.jpg

Superb 2.jpg

Looks lovely in that colour.  

7 hours ago, mandp said:

`props`?

Wiktionary states that props is: (slang) proper respect or proper recognition for another person; an expression of approval or a special acknowledgment; accolade or accolades; praise.

4 minutes ago, Spyderjon said:

Wiktionary states that props is: (slang) proper respect or proper recognition for another person; an expression of approval or a special acknowledgment; accolade or accolades; praise.

Perhaps he was jealous or just taking the PISTE.:nod:

On 22/10/2019 at 21:11, Spyderjon said:

My facelift model Suberb arrived just over a week ago. I'm well happy. And props to Paul Fox at Rainworth Skoda for his excellent service. 

Superb 1.jpg

Superb 2.jpg

Like the reg, do you really have qualifications (other than being able to ski backwards on one leg, with a loose boot, drinking 1664)

GfMy new (to me) MkIII SEL Executive 190 in Candy White. Getting used to the DSG and playing with all the settings! Love the ACC already. This is my 3rd Superb Estate, can you tell I really rate them?

IMG_20191026_080233507.jpg

• Like 3

On 26/10/2019 at 07:47, TallPaul_S said:

Picked up on Thursday, my 2017 150tdi DSG estate laurin and klement in petrol blue with cream leather. 

48952632868_0e4dcbdf26_b.jpg

Now you've embarrassed me I might have to spend a little time giving mine a clean.  It is bogging with all the rain at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Bud said:

Now you've embarrassed me I might have to spend a little time giving mine a clean.  It is bogging with all the rain at the moment.

That was right after the 100 mile drive back through torrential rain, it may look clean but it definitely isn't! 

It's even dirtier now only a 100 miles later. 

Once the weather gets a bit better I'll give it a proper detail and protection with this lot + meguiars leather cleaner:

44483219530_b88a32581b_b.jpg

Come spring I'll get someone to give it a proper machine DA polish as I can see a fair bit of swirling and some light scratches on the passenger side wing. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2019 at 22:11, Spyderjon said:

Superb 1.jpg

Superb 2.jpg

Lovely colour and lovely wheels! May I ask where you sourced them from? :D

2 hours ago, newbie69 said:

Lovely colour and lovely wheels! May I ask where you sourced them from? :D

😁. Those wheels aren't the ones I got from you, they're the factory ones that came with the car. Your wheels, plus an additional spare I bought, are sitting in my mates tyre garage fitted with Conti Winter Contacts. Just picked the jack/tool kit from my local main dealer today and I'll be swapping the wheels over in the next few days ready for my first trip to the alps in a few weeks 😎. Thanks again for the wheels. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spyderjon said:

😁. Those wheels aren't the ones I got from you, they're the factory ones that came with the car. Your wheels, plus an additional spare I bought, are sitting in my mates tyre garage fitted with Conti Winter Contacts. Just picked the jack/tool kit from my local main dealer today and I'll be swapping the wheels over in the next few days ready for my first trip to the alps in a few weeks 😎. Thanks again for the wheels. 

Oh I didn't know (or if you had told me I definitely forgot about it). So you are that guy that finds the best factory colour-wheel spec for his next car and won't settle for anything else even if he has to put on winter wheels for a few months right? 
You have my utmost respect sir!

14 hours ago, newbie69 said:

Oh I didn't know (or if you had told me I definitely forgot about it). So you are that guy that finds the best factory colour-wheel spec for his next car and won't settle for anything else even if he has to put on winter wheels for a few months right? 
You have my utmost respect sir!

😁. Well I'm not quite that guy. I normally just buy a used set of factory rims for my winter tyres as I get insurance company hassle with aftermarket rims. And usually I'd go a tad narrower and a smaller diameter. But your price for your 'as new' black Supernovas was too good to miss out on especially as they were the rims I was getting on my new car. 

I've just got the Meteor Grey paint reference from my dealer as I'm thinking of spraying my roofbox to match 😎

Edited by Spyderjon
typo

1 minute ago, Spyderjon said:

😁. Well I'm not quite that guy. I normally just buy a used set of factory rims for my winter tyres as I get insurance company hassle with aftermarket rims. And usually I'd go a tad narrower and a smaller diameter. But your price for your 'as new' black Supernovas was too good to miss out on especially as they were the rims I was getting on my new car 😎

Come on don't spoil my story!  :D

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Buocius said:

One of my first trips with it..

oh no :)

this car is perfect for long trips -
each year i have at least one with distance 4-6k Km, links to Google Maps You can find here:
-> https://www.drive2.ru/l/535027581829778115/
-> https://www.drive2.ru/b/509137381530534052/

1 hour ago, Buocius said:

Cool that you noticed! :)) One of my first trips with it...

So your 140TDI has twin exhaust pipes, the same as a 206TSI.

That I haven't seen before on a Diesel...