The Superb III Picture thread

I have no regrets at all getting this Skoda. Very beautiful and well designed and good tech. With good price too. I got it for 60 months installments payment with 0% interest :D Good offer isn't it? haha

I get compliments (even from my garage!) on my almost 3-yr old Superb Combi "Style" professionally externally detailed once a year. I tell them, it's an Audi for less than half the price. 

I'm really happy with the fuel consumption too - on my 40 mile run to work I can get 5.8l/100 km (40.5 mpg). Not too shabby for a large 220 HP car. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SwissRob said:

I get compliments (even from my garage!) on my almost 3-yr old Superb Combi "Style" professionally externally detailed once a year. I tell them, it's an Audi for less than half the price. 

I'm really happy with the fuel consumption too - on my 40 mile run to work I can get 5.8l/100 km (40.5 mpg). Not too shabby for a large 220 HP car. 

I managed 47.8mpg in my 360bhp hatch on my 27 mile commute recently.:o

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

I managed 47.8mpg in my 360bhp hatch on my 27 mile commute recently.:o

:o how the hell did you manage that? :D i struggle to get 36MPG on my 85 miles trip to work!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Raymundo91 said:

:o how the hell did you manage that? :D i struggle to get 36MPG on my 85 miles trip to work!!

It was being towed by an AA van for the first 26. Shy then put it in neutral and coasted into his works car park :D.

• Haha 2

Nah, he'll be tailgating trucks down lane 1; that's what I'd do if I was obsessed with fuel economy and trying to impress this little corner of the internet where hardly anyone cares. :)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Raymundo91 said:

Normally by the time I reach J21 Leicester on the M1 having driven 12 miles I usually see 39mpg at this stage but this particular day the planets must have been aligned because the trip said 44mpg after 12 miles so I knew something special was on the cards. Not bad when you consider the combined Skoda official average for a 272 is 39.8mpg.:emoticon-0157-sun:

• Like 1

Perhaps you chaps should start a new thread where you can brag about your car's performance and economy and leave this one for its intended purpose...`pictures`?

• Thanks 2

How about a "picture nostalgia" entry? This is my car back in the day when 30,000 miles per annum was standard practice and neither the car or myself were in lockdown.

1102911366_Inked20190825_1135063_LI.thumb.jpg.9d7e0e30aff09085ac91322eda4fc41a.jpg

I can't wait to get it back on the motorway...:)

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

How about a "picture nostalgia" entry? This is my car back in the day when 30,000 miles per annum was standard practice and neither the car or myself were in lockdown.

1102911366_Inked20190825_1135063_LI.thumb.jpg.9d7e0e30aff09085ac91322eda4fc41a.jpg

I can't wait to get it back on the motorway...:)

Jeff from this morning’s commute.

3F7E04D5-3D75-4C8A-BC22-7E0086E7B0A9.jpeg

57 minutes ago, ArisaigDavid said:

Just back from my first run since the stage 9 remap - 800bhp, and I got 72.3mpg !! I would post a photo of the fuel consumption readout, but at 200 mph I couldn't hold the camera steady enough.

Sorry, I should apologise for that. I try to be a better person but, well, you know ..... FFS, as younger people might say.

12 hours ago, ArisaigDavid said:

Just back from my first run since the stage 9 remap - 800bhp, and I got 72.3mpg !! I would post a photo of the fuel consumption readout, but at 200 mph I couldn't hold the camera steady enough.

How much did it cost I might be interested unless it involved driving off a cliff then I'm not.:blush

11 hours ago, ArisaigDavid said:

Sorry, I should apologise for that. I try to be a better person but, well, you know ..... FFS, as younger people might say.

Don't apologise plenty of folk on here that score good points at my expense so if it makes you feel better carry on.:x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Don't apologise plenty of folk on here that score good points at my expense so if it makes you feel better carry on.:x

Cheer up Charlie, this forum would be far worse off without you in it. ;)

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, boydeee said:

Very nice! 

Have you changed your front grille surround to the black one?

Thank you!

No, it's just wrapped.

My intention was to remove/cover every piece of chrome from the car but on the front grille that cannot be done entirely without completely chancing the grille.

IMG_4174.jpeg

IMG_4606.jpeg

• Like 3

@Evka Nice garage, with 2 'devils' in it... ;) 😁 Can you chose your plate number in Latvia?

I wish I could have such a wide one! 😛

Edited by Bap33