VCDS options on Superb III

Yes you can:

·         Number of operations front windsceen wiper washer per SRA activation" (in German - Frontscheibenwischer Anzahl Betätigungen Frontwaschanlage pro SRA Aktivierung auswählen

Change this

Thank you, last time i looked it was showing 10, i will take a look again. Is this meaning after every 9th operation 10th one will also wash headlights?  But the headlights must be on, i keep it at AUTO setting.  

He coded something before this and that has lead to this fault code. He has to go back to factory config and then start new coding.

You cannot expect that you will get gold out if you start with garbage... And more he will poke around it and not solve it, harder will be to resolve it.

This is the same problem i had on 2 other S3's where i talked about

This one works on MY16/MY17 cars:

STG 17 > Codierung > Byte 4 > Bit 6 - aktivieren ("Spurhalteassistent/Lane Assist aktivieren")

STG 17 > Codierung > Byte 11 > Bit 1 - aktivieren ("Spurhalteassistent/Lane Assist Information BAP verbaut aktivieren")

STG A5 > Codierung > Byte 16 > Bit 7 - aktivieren

STG A5 (Front-/Vorfeldkamera) auswählen

STG Zugriffsberechtigung -> Funktion 16

Zugriffscode 20103 eingeben

-umcodiert (ADP-Personalisierung BAP) (BAP personalization,not activated ) von aktiviert auf nicht aktiviert

-umcodiert (ADP-Warnungsintensität Spurhalteassistent)(Warning intensity; lane depart. warning,Medium) von Mittel auf Auswahl über Menü

STG F5

-umcodiert (ADP-(49)-Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-LDW_HCA_0x19) von nicht aktiviert auf aktiviert

-umcodiert (ADP-(21)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning) von nicht aktiviert auf aktiviert

-umcodiert (ADP-(23)-Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu_display_Lane_Departure_Warning_over_threshold_high) von nicht aktiviert auf aktiviert

STG 44 > Codierung > Byte 3 > Bit 4 - aktivieren ("Spurhalteassistent HCA verbaut")

Work perfect now!

I've returned everything on the very begining and coded again.

Thanx @mtl for advice

Edited by djole

I think you don't have a 2016 model. I tryed to activate on 4 2017 models. but when cheking the option in the Columbus or gaugemenu the systeem won't want to activate (Option is at this momenterrily not available) . I made a logfile and find out the A5 give's a fault code: See attached file.

Resetting everything won't work. waiting for a day wont work. Made a lot of scans and logfiles but can't find the solution.

Regarding your image with fault code, I had the same probelm and I solved them.

You have mistake in long coding.

My car came with factory fitted HBA (and the A5) and electric drivers seat, and I´ve succesfully coded Lane Assist. So you don´t need an electric passenger seat for that :)

Hi Gaselle, i am living in Denmark and i am driving an s3 hatchback, can you help me with coding lane assist on my car?

Best regards

Peter

Hi Gaselle, i am living in Denmark and i am driving an s3 hatchback, can you help me with coding lane assist on my car?

Best regards

Peter

Possibly. Send me a PM :)

Hello 

I fallowed the tutorial in the link below and i can´t enable de speed display on the fan blower ,there is no Byte 11 Bit 6 on my vcds can someone help me here please.

thank you

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/380829-superb-mkiii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/

Enabling fan (blower) speed display in AUTO mode

Hello

I tried the the DRL control menu

After i enter the security code accepted

I go to the next step to activate the menu but the vcds tells me unkown process

Can any one telks me why ?

• 2 weeks later...

Can the intermittent speed on the lowest wiper option be adjusted by vcds? When on auto, I find that it activates too soon and is causing noise when drawing across the windscreen as there isn't enough moisture on the screen. I came from a 2009 octavia which had a much longer time delay. I know the speed of the car is taken into play but I'm comparing it to the normal speeds I did with the octavia.

Hello 

I fallowed the tutorial in the link below and i can´t enable de speed display on the fan blower ,there is no Byte 11 Bit 6 on my vcds can someone help me here please.

thank you

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/380829-superb-mkiii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/

Surprisingly I got the same result , "code cannot be accepted - value to high" :(

Hello 

thank you

What software version are you using?

Can you grab a screenshot of byte 11 (a full scan would also help)

Surprisingly I got the same result , "code cannot be accepted - value to high" :(

Original thread updated:

On a MY17 car the longcode needs to physically changed (in my case from 01 to 41) as there is no longer a tick box for Bit 6 and it was not possible to save the change in the Binary code.... PLEASE ONLY DO THIS IF YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO DO.

As with all coding I always use a genuine VCDS interface and the latest software available (currently 17.1.1) if you chose not to do the same then on your head be it.

• Like 2

Original thread updated:

On a MY17 car the longcode needs to physically changed (in my case from 01 to 41) as there is no longer a tick box for Bit 6 and it was not possible to save the change in the Binary code.... PLEASE ONLY DO THIS IF YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO DO.

As with all coding I always use a genuine VCDS interface and the latest software available (currently 17.1.1) if you chose not to do the same then on your head be it.

i also can not enable by tick box but i dont know in long code which one to modify. i just worry i might change wrong one.  Should i just find the 01 in the long coding and change to 41? 

Should i just find the 01 in the long coding and change to 41? 

Definitely not. Which vcds version are you using?

Is it possible to disable via VCDS the boot opening with long press on the key fob?

With VCDS no. I presume you have Kessy, right?

i also can not enable by tick box but i dont know in long code which one to modify. i just worry i might change wrong one. Should i just find the 01 in the long coding and change to 41?

Definitely not. Which vcds version are you using?

+1, you really need to understand the longcode and binary code before changing any coding this way.

Coding via the tick boxes is pretty idiot proof and hard to get wrong, with the longcode and binary codes it's very easy to get it wrong.

Do some research, there are loads of YouTube clips about showing how to code, but if you have ANY doubts leave well alone.

• Like 1

The top triangle is the (A5) camera which is used for the auto main beam,

the sensor underneath the camera is the rain / light sensor that turns the wipers or Auto lights on.

What software version are you using?

Can you grab a screenshot of byte 11 (a full scan would also help)

Sorry for the late response, my laptop broke so i cant use vcds but my version is 16.8.0 in byte 11 there was no thick box only 2 scroll down optiond for what i can remember. My car doesnt have heated seats mabe that makes the diference.