VCDS options on Superb III

By all cars (Superb 3) which I activated the lane assistant, after the first warning is deactivated (as by Octavia 3). Does anyone know how to change the settings for Superb 3 (I think this is about parameterization unit A5 - Front camera).

I do not understand your question. How is deactivated and when?

I have enabled Lane Assist on many Superb 3 (MY2016) and no problem, working perfect.

I do not understand your question. How is deactivated and when?

I have enabled Lane Assist on many Superb 3 (MY2016) and no problem, working perfect.

Sorry, I think if you put your hands off the steering wheel.

Normaly from factory:

- after first 15 seconds - beep warning

- after next 15 seconds - beep warning + small braking

- third 15 seconds - beep warning + warning turn signal light + braking to stop

If you activated via VCDS (Superb 3 MY2016 - Columbus + Traffic recognition):

- after first 15 seconds - beap warning and then is lane assistant deactivated...

Edited by DoliRS
  • Like 1

Sorry, I think if you put your hands off the steering wheel.

Normaly from factory:

If you activated via VCDS (Superb 3 MY2016 - Columbus + Traffic recognition):

- after first 15 seconds - beap warning and then is lane assistant deactivated...

If you read the manual, that´s the way it works. After the first warning if you dont grabe the steering whell the system deactivates.

Hi,

Can somebody post original coding for S3 L&K (or other version with rear door warning lights) for module:

Drivers Door Rear Control Module: Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 5Q0 959 811 A HW: 5Q0 959 811 A      (Subsystem of Address 42: Door Elect, Driver (J386))
Passengers Rear Door Control Module: Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 5Q0 959 812 A HW: 5Q0 959 812 A       (Subsystem of Address 52: Door Elect, Pass. (J387))

Thanks.

If you read the manual, that´s the way it works. After the first warning if you dont grabe the steering whell the system deactivates.

According to the post below it is also possible to activate Emergency Assist.

I have enabled Line Assist in my MY17 S3 but I'm not able to activate Emergency Assist.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/380299-lane-assist-activation-via-vcds/?p=4524764

According to the post below it is also possible to activate Emergency Assist.

I have enabled Line Assist in my MY17 S3 but I'm not able to activate Emergency Assist.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/380299-lane-assist-activation-via-vcds/?p=4524764W

Do we know who already activate the Emergency Assist ? In that post CVB@Baca said that he did it. Perhaps he could help us here.

DoliRS - Have you checked you are meeting the criteria?

Normally from factory:

This works only if all of these criteria are met...

DSG gearbox only, not manual

ACC is on and active

Lane Assist has detected road markings on at least one side (lane assist symbol is green)

Vehicle speed does not exceed 40 mph (65 km/h)

If any of the above do not apply at the time, then...

- after first 15 seconds - beep warning and then is lane assistant deactivated...

Lane Assist will become active from 40 mph (65 km/h) if ACC is not active.

If ACC is on and active then Lane Assist will work below 40 mph.

• Like 1

DoliRS - Have you checked you are meeting the criteria?

This works only if all of these criteria are met...

DSG gearbox only, not manual

ACC is on and active

Lane Assist has detected road markings on at least one side (lane assist symbol is green)

Vehicle speed does not exceed 40 mph (65 km/h)

If any of the above do not apply at the time, then...

Lane Assist will become active from 40 mph (65 km/h) if ACC is not active.

If ACC is on and active then Lane Assist will work below 40 mph.

Tested today. DSG, ACC on and active, lane assist on (lane assist symbol green), speed set to 50 km/h - after first 15 seconds - beep warning and then is lane assistant deactivated... :(

Edited by grzewoj

Tested today. DSG, ACC on and active, lane assist on (lane assist symbol green), speed set to 50 km/h - after first 15 seconds - beep warning and then is lane assistant deactivated... :(

Unfortunately Emergency assist only works with DSG, lane assist and adaptive cruise control. You can see here.

Unfortunately Emergency assist only works with DSG, lane assist and adaptive cruise control. You can see here.

I have DSG, lane assist (activated  via VCDS) and adaptive cruise control.

Edited by grzewoj

I tried to activate both rear fogs with VCDS following what they describe as in Octavia 3 tread but still only driver side is lit.

I have left hand drive so left led lights up,  increased the dim of right from 0 to 100

for both sides in the coding it was already  "Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt"

I am thinking the led module is not installed. Anyone have tried this?

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/299424-octavia-iii-vcds-adaptations-tried-and-tested/#entry3567267

Sorry if this has already been covered, but I have seen conflicting information from different sites: Can you perform all the functions found so far on the Superb MkIII with a Micro-CAN cable or do you need a HEX+CAN?

Correct there are no LEDs in the other fog light.

So somehow if i can just get the LEDs  then it should work?

What i need is the UK rear fog LEDs (thats the side i dont have)  hahaha

Škoda do not usually include wiring looms for items not fitted from the factory, so I imagine you will need that as well??

I see, i will ask dealer but i think i wont use it anyway, too much hassle.  only few days a year gets foggy up the mountain road i take and no traffic there.

I do not see the need for dual fog lights.

The aim of the fog light is not to illuminate but to be visible and for that only one powerful fog light is more than enough. With dual fog lights you just blind drivers behind which instead of increasing safety, reduces safety ;).

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

Followed an idiot tonight with their rear fog light on, absolutely stupid the visibility was about a mile!, they'd probably had it on all week!

My brother was driving, if it had been me I would have given them the front fog lights to see if they turned theirs off. 

• Like 1

I do not see the need for dual fog lights.

The aim of the fog light is not to illuminate but to be visible and for that only one powerful fog light is more than enough. With dual fog lights you just blind drivers behind which instead of increasing safety, reduces safety ;).

Its better here in Taiwan to have dual as they love to stick to your rear bumper  30cm away and follow you. Driving me nuts. In EU yes i can understand where people obey rules and behave, not here.

Also here motorcycle and scooters are alot and would be better to have dual fog light so a scooter or motorcycle can tell i am driving a car not  another motorcyle and try to pass from my right. 

• Like 1

Followed an idiot tonight with their rear fog light on, absolutely stupid the visibility was about a mile!, they'd probably had it on all week!

My brother was driving, if it had been me I would have given them the front fog lights to see if they turned theirs off. 

If on a normal day they are driving with fog lights  I give the full high beams and front fogs in that case, if still not helps  i either slow down or pass them  depending on situation.

Very annoying to have such bright lights on on a non foggy day or a very very very heavy rainy day. 

• Like 1

Its better here in Taiwan to have dual as they love to stick to your rear bumper  30cm away and follow you. Driving me nuts. In EU yes i can understand where people obey rules and behave, not here.

Also here motorcycle and scooters are alot and would be better to have dual fog light so a scooter or motorcycle can tell i am driving a car not  another motorcyle and try to pass from my right. 

These are just excuses.

Also in Europe traffic is not so good and you have buttholes that drive on your bumper. One fog light is more than enough to give him a message, you do not need two. Because in this case install a 100W reflector and turn it on, maybe this will teach him a lesson ;). Of course you blind butthole with this, so maybe it will run into you. The same is with dual fog lights. One is more than enough for all the uses that might be used for.

And read your own statement again:

Very annoying to have such bright lights on on a non foggy day or a very very very heavy rainy day.

This is all doubled if you have dual fog lights. So I will stick with my opinion from before.

These are just excuses.

Also in Europe traffic is not so good and you have buttholes that drive on your bumper. One fog light is more than enough to give him a message, you do not need two. Because in this case install a 100W reflector and turn it on, maybe this will teach him a lesson ;). Of course you blind butthole with this, so maybe it will run into you. The same is with dual fog lights. One is more than enough for all the uses that might be used for.

And read your own statement again:

This is all doubled if you have dual fog lights. So I will stick with my opinion from before.

I am only talking about a foggy day up in the mountain where you can only see just infront of you.

in that kind of weather the more the merrier. They dont look that bright as they do on a normal good day. Anyone i see in front of me in such a weather with rear fogs dont bother me because they cant.