VCDS options on Superb III

This is also what i did. but like you see the model in our EU version is starting with 3Q0. I'm  going to find one with LA en this module en look where the difference is.

When i find out i let you now

2 minutes ago, Jaytip said:

I'm taking delivery of a standard SEL Exec toward the end of the month. Can anyone confirm if VCDS will give me Hi Beam Assist? As said, the car has no extras on it.

cheers.

No you need the (A5) camera in the windscreen 

2 hours ago, Gizmo68 said:

No you need the (A5) camera in the windscreen 

What does the A5 camera look like? I seem to remember reading somewhere that some models somehow ended up with it anyway, whether they had options that required it or not fitted. Is there an easy way to identify if by some strange quirk of fate you have one, but shouldn't have?

19 minutes ago, mtl said:

Yes, it is easy. Look from outside and you should see a triangle space in which camera is positioned.

Ah, yes - I've just had a look at some images on a car-selling site and it's pretty obvious when you know what to look for - thanks!

Does somebody know why Superb 3V 2017 has no adaptation IDE05142(Access Control) of 'Controller 09 - Central Electronics' for VCDS settings?

I could find it in Superb 3V 2016, but there is no such item for change in 2017.

Edited by JrMobile

Can anyone assist me with coding for Superb MK3. I am after "Scandinavian DRLS" or having my rear LEDs on with the fronts in DRL format. I have looked at the tried and tested egs on the other SUPERB page however it is not the same here in Australia. Once I go into the details, after entering the security code the rest of the patterns/values are different. Any help appreciated.

18 hours ago, JrMobile said:

Does somebody know why Superb 3V 2017 has no adaptation IDE05142(Access Control) of 'Controller 09 - Central Electronics' for VCDS settings?

I could find it in Superb 3V 2016, but there is no such item for change in 2017.

Which cable/version are you using?

1 hour ago, revori said:

Can anyone assist me with coding for Superb MK3. I am after "Scandinavian DRLS" or having my rear LEDs on with the fronts in DRL format. I have looked at the tried and tested egs on the other SUPERB page however it is not the same here in Australia. Once I go into the details, after entering the security code the rest of the patterns/values are different. Any help appreciated.

More details would help. What is the difference and of course which cable/version are you using.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mtl said:

More details would help. What is the difference and of course which cable/version are you using.

I am using VCDS HEX+CAN 16.8.4, adaptation IDE05142 could be found on my Superb 3V 2016, but there is no such adaptation on my friend's Superb 3V 2017.

20 hours ago, mtl said:

My car is an MY17 Superb MK3. The difference is when I follow the instructions provided as below

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

(6)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht - change to active

(6) does not exist and therefore unable to choose the options stated. I open up Adaptations but there is no option even close to that above.

I am using an OBDeleven 

Try with this one ;):
ENG10575-ENG116593-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mtl said:

Try with this one ;):
ENG10575-ENG116593-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht

Appreciate the assistance.

Are you also able to inform me whether the mod to allow AUDI throttle response is available via OBDeleven on my 2017 Superb and if so, again where will I find that one? It's the final adjustment I wish to make however I've not been able to find it following instructions of the tried and tested page.

How do people find new mods for the Superb III, do you just wait for new mods to appear as tested/confirmed, or do you actively try (and fail, I assume) new mods based either on mods on other VAG cars/models or just by browsing the VCDS/OBDELEVEN app and menus and test "what if I change this to this" ...?

I have found a few mods from other VAG models that I would like to try to see what happens, but maybe the risk involved is too big? I would of course make due notes of the current coding before I change anything, but have you heard of unreversible errors due to VCDS/OBDELEVEN coding that went wrong?

Christopher

Basically if You want something what is missing in Your car, You investigate in which model it is from factory. Then it is matter of comparing of the codings/module used etc. Now it is more easy, because more and more settings are in adaptations rather than in coding. So the descriptions are written inside the modules in adaptations. Coding helpers are always dependent on vcds/obd11 authors and updates.

Where can i order a VCDS that works ? 

Also how can i know if certain things can be enabled in my car without having the cable ? (2016 L&K 220 TSI). 

Also is there a place the covers all the things that can be enabled/done with VCDS ? 

There is a map of current VCDS owners here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=1Td73_uUUqscV3nRm5br_o89PmBU&ll=6.299579982309305%2C83.1963557&z=1

For most people this is the best option as it's not cheap. 

A list of official distributors can be found here:

http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php

As for what can be done, a lot of that depends on the spec of your car. 

Edited by Gizmo68

I remember that back in the day i ordered a cable from Ebay for my Seat leon , and it worked fine and it was about 11$ or some thing like that. 

By spec what exactly are you referring to ? and how can i check that?

5 minutes ago, JekaE said:

By spec what exactly are you referring to ? and how can i check that?

Spec = Specification.. as in if you've bought a higher specification with more 'optional' extras then you tend to get access to more things in VCDS.

• Like 1

I see , problem is i dont know what the spec is and how to check it.

Here in Israel you cant order any extra`s , you have 4 trim levels and thats it. 

I have the highest one which is the L&K. 

Among others it has the adaptive cruise control bi-xenon headlights (with the little strips inside). 

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 03:16, knfruitbat said:

Is there a Trailer Assist function available anywhere? If so is there any hardware that is required? Getting Factory fitted Tow Bar and Rear View Camera on a new L&K Estate.

So I found this on youtube, after finding the activate central console button closing the rear tailgate. Is it possible to code this with VCDS or VAG CAN on a new UK car, dealer says there are no plans to have Trailer Assist on the Superb any time soon.