VCDS options on Superb III

Not tried it on a SportLine yet (the only SportLine I have coded so far was a 280 = 4x4 anyway) but on my 190 (FWD) when I tried it early last year it was not possible without throwing DTC’s up, can’t remember the exact fault codes but suffice to say i never even made it off the drive before reverting back to std.

• Like 1

Does anyone have the coding for dynamic light assist? I think the headlights fitted to the Australian models are the ones needed for it but not sure if there is any other hardware required. 

They are listed on Skoda Australia's site as:

Bi-Xenon Lights with Adaptive Frontlight System incl. LED Daytime Running Lights

They have the lashes but they don't light up. They also do cornering and the little dance when you start up. Here's a pic of mine

IMG_0468.JPG

Edited by IMSancho

According to my information only lights with stripes that light up are compatible with Smart Light Assist.

These headlights that your car has, cannot do Smart Light Assist only Light Assist can be coded.

Have a read thru this topic.

There are 2 different systems with different components. When I asked about retro fitting I was told possible but expensive as I would need new head units at £400 each plus other stuff.

If you dont have the additional LED strips then you have the standard AFS lighting system.

Hi can anyone confirm if it is possible to code the automatic high beam function on a car with halogen headlights? (Car is specced with traffic sign recognition so has the necessary camera, as I understand it). Thanks!

On ‎06‎-‎02‎-‎2017 at 18:01, Mon55 said:

Hi can anyone confirm if it is possible to code the automatic high beam function on a car with halogen headlights? (Car is specced with traffic sign recognition so has the necessary camera, as I understand it). Thanks!

Yes, TSR gives you the A5 camera, which again gives you the possibility to enable Lane Assist and HBA. Doesn´t matter if it´s xenon or halogen.

• Like 2

Apologies if already covered... 

I wondered if Premium WLAN was a programmable option, or does it require a hardware upgrade? If so has anybody added it and at what cost? 

2 hours ago, drewellis said:

Apologies if already covered... 

I wondered if Premium WLAN was a programmable option, or does it require a hardware upgrade? If so has anybody added it and at what cost? 

It cannot be coded. It's both hardware/firmware, component protected and requires a SIM slot. As the current range of infotainment consists of "building blocks" (that's what the MiB means, Modularer Infotainment Baukasten) it would involve swapping the two main internal components, the MMX (multimedia) and RCC (control) units, which would likely be more expensive than simply replacing the entire unit located in the glovebox. Any replacement will need to be server-coded by a Škoda dealership with your vehicle's VIN as part of the component protection. I haven't seen the MMX or RCC offered anywhere, whereas I have seen the complete MiB2 being sold with the component protection blanked - but you're unlikely to find a dealership willing to either server-code the component protection if it's a DIY job or do an OEM replacement. No component protection coded = non-functioning; leaving you at risk of having a useless but expensive plastic box. The only way to do it would involve nefarious means which would never be condoned on this forum.

I have coded WLAN DLNA on Discover Pro MIB1 unit, so Discover Pro definitely has Wlan built on:

Sadly still no success with Google Earth activation, the menu is there, but it is greyed out. For using Google Earth I think that the car has to be registered to Car-Net, at least on one DP MIB2 unit after the registration Google Earth has worked. Although I know of a one Golf 7 with DP MIB2 retrofitted that Google Earth works on it without Car-Net registration.

On Columbus MIB1 in Octavia the same has been coded, but I will confirm Wlan DLNA working today. Google Earth menu does not appear on this unit.

So, some things could be doable, but I will have to get hold of Columbus MIB2 unit to try them out.

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

Thanks both for the replies. I get my S3 L&K in the next few days and basically would have liked premium WLAN simply so that the kids can connect their ipad etc to the cars WiFi on long journeys to keep them occupied.

I found a thread last night in which some people got wifi working on Columbus without premium WLAN but once devices were connected to it, they couldn't access the web. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 so could just use my phone's hotspot but I believe the cars antenna is much better than a mobile phones, meaning that once it's all paired together your phone (and WiFi internet) have a much stronger and more consistent connection. 

:)

Edited by drewellis

8 hours ago, drewellis said:

Thanks both for the replies. I get my S3 L&K in the next few days and basically would have liked premium WLAN simply so that the kids can connect their ipad etc to the cars WiFi on long journeys to keep them occupied.

I found a thread last night in which some people got wifi working on Columbus without premium WLAN but once devices were connected to it, they couldn't access the web. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 so could just use my phone's hotspot but I believe the cars antenna is much better than a mobile phones, meaning that once it's all paired together your phone (and WiFi internet) have a much stronger and more consistent connection. 

:)

Slowly drifting away from VCDS but this post may be of interest to you, from someone who's got it to work.

Thank you, I'll try this :)

Another VCDS question then, can you change the intensity of XDS? My friend upped his to 100% on his Polo GTI and he said it felt much better although it ran his brake pads down a bit quicker 

16 hours ago, drewellis said:

Another VCDS question then, can you change the intensity of XDS? My friend upped his to 100% on his Polo GTI and he said it felt much better although it ran his brake pads down a bit quicker 

I have had mine turned up to 'strong' on my Leon and it is noticeable.  I asked the same question of the Superb, on this thread and Gizmo said it threw a few errors on his 190 L&K

17 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

I have had mine turned up to 'strong' on my Leon and it is noticeable.  I asked the same question of the Superb, on this thread and Gizmo said it threw a few errors on his 190 L&K

Ah thank you, I did try to do a search before asking but for some reason the search button doesn't work on the mobile site for me :(

On 08/02/2017 at 09:30, GaSelle said:

Yes, TSR gives you the A5 camera, which again gives you the possibility to enable Lane Assist and HBA. Doesn´t matter if it´s xenon or halogen.

That's good to hear - thanks. On a separate point, is anyone able to confirm if micro can only cable works fully with MY17 cars?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mon55 said:

That's good to hear - thanks. On a separate point, is anyone able to confirm if micro can only cable works fully with MY17 cars?

It does - I have both ;)

Is anybody here who try to enable in Superb III trailer assist? I mean automaticaly parking with trailer, like have Passat and Audi. I have MY16, but I can not find it anywhere...I think that I have tested everything. Thanks for answers.

Edited by Vetrak

Not possible

On 9-2-2017 at 16:56, drewellis said:

On some cars it is. I did it on my mate's S3 2.0TSI 4-motion but that was not nice. The car is not that easy to handle any more., I only advise this on the 2wd.

• Like 1

On ‎13‎-‎02‎-‎2017 at 07:22, Vetrak said:

Is anybody here who try to enable in Superb III trailer assist? I mean automaticaly parking with trailer, like have Passat and Audi. I have MY16, but I can not find it anywhere...I think that I have tested everything. Thanks for answers.

Some guys in DK has done it. It requires rear cam high, PLA and a thing more that I can´t remember.

Hi everyone. I picked up my new my17 superb last week and ordered an obdeleven which arrived today. Can someone post a link on how to activate TMC? can see plenty of talk about it but no actual guide so not sure where to find and make the change. Thanks

2 hours ago, Davo86 said:

Hi everyone. I picked up my new my17 superb last week and ordered an obdeleven which arrived today. Can someone post a link on how to activate TMC? can see plenty of talk about it but no actual guide so not sure where to find and make the change. Thanks

TMC as in traffic messages via FM RDS?
Is that something that has to be software enabled? What happens if you press the Traffic button?