VCDS options on Superb III

I see, i will ask dealer but i think i wont use it anyway, too much hassle. only few days a year gets foggy up the mountain road i take and no traffic there.

If you want duel rear fogs you do indeed need a wiring loom (made by your garage) & (in your case) a UK right hand rear foglight.

Your dealer will be able to see this parts number (greyed out) on EDKA below/above the part number for your current fitted fog light.

As a UK employed citizen (but based in Germany) who is driving a UK RHD car, I need my fog light switched to the other side = LHR (or have both on) or my car fails TUV & I can't register it.

I was one of the first to have a UK Superb 3 exported to Germany and ran into this problem. Simple fix, new light module to replace dummy fitted in LHR and a wiring loom from garage mechanic. I am not sure how they wired it as no coding was performed, but it would be interesting to see if a coded one with new rear fog module fitted worked without wiring.

In the end I was posted back to UK before I went over the time limit allowed to comply with all Germany road legislation lapsed. The dealer had the rear foglight ready and a loom made up before I cancelled. Two days later it would have needed done or my car would have not been insured or registered as legal. It would have been impounded.

Do please update this thread if you go through with it, just do the coding first then fit the light and check its operation. I don't think you'll need any wiring loom especially if you have the highline rear lights. The dummy fog has part of the tail light swish light up so it is powered. Here's hoping a rear fog version works straight out the box.

Edited by blahde2

According to the post below it is also possible to activate Emergency Assist.

I have enabled Line Assist in my MY17 S3 but I'm not able to activate Emergency Assist.

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/380299-lane-assist-activation-via-vcds/?p=4524764

I think you don't have a 2016 model. I tryed to activate on 4 2017 models. but when cheking the option in the Columbus or gaugemenu the systeem won't want to activate (Option is at this momenterrily  not available) . I made a logfile and  find out the A5 give's a fault code: See attached file.

Resetting everything won't work. waiting for a day wont work. Made a lot of scans and logfiles but can't find the solution.

post-71204-0-85147100-1477834790_thumb.jpg

Edited by Antera

Rosstech says that need for new cable for new superb because of some change in MQB platform

Yes I saw this on the ross tech site, but can't find anything about what limitations there are. Those here who have used VCDS on their MKIII Superb: Which cable did you use and did you find anything that didn't work?

I am a bit confused by reading this thread. Is there nobody that have enabled Lane Assist & Emergency Assist on a MY17 Superb??

I have enabled Lane Assist on a MY17, there was no difference on the coding from my MY16.

Yes I saw this on the ross tech site, but can't find anything about what limitations there are. Those here who have used VCDS on their MKIII Superb: Which cable did you use and did you find anything that didn't work?

You don´t need a new cable, however the firmware in your cable got an update in one of the recent versions of VCDS. I use a HEX+CAN and haven´t had any problems whatsoever.

Rosstech says that need for new cable for new superb because of some change in MQB platform

As Gaselle mentioned i used the HEX+CAN cable but with latest firmware on MY16 and MY17 models, no problems at all. 

You can get a Micro-CAN interface for just over £200 which will work on the S3 (but will not work on older cars or cars without full CANBUS) or the HEX+CAN is around £270.

http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php

Alternatively look on the VCDS owners map for someone local to you for the price of a drink.

If you want duel rear fogs you do indeed need a wiring loom (made by your garage) & (in your case) a UK right hand rear foglight.

Your dealer will be able to see this parts number (greyed out) on EDKA below/above the part number for your current fitted fog light.

As a British soldier based in Germany who is driving a UK RHD car, I need my fog light switched to the other side = LHR (or have both on) otherwise my car fails TUV & I can't register it.

I was one of the first to have a UK Superb 3 exported to Germany and ran into this problem. Simple fix, new light module to replace dummy fitted in LHR and a wiring loom from garage mechanic. I am not sure how they wired it as no coding was performed, but it would be interesting to see if a coded one with new rear fog module fitted worked without wiring.

In the end I was posted back to UK before I went over the time limit allowed to comply with all Germany road legislation lapsed. The dealer had the rear foglight ready and a loom made up before I cancelled. Two days later it would have needed done or my car would have not been insured or registered as legal. It would have been impounded.

Do please update this thread if you go through with it, just do the coding first then fit the light and check its operation. I don't think you'll need any wiring loom especially if you have the highline rear lights. The dummy fog has part of the tail light swish light up so it is powered. Here's hoping a rear fog version works straight out the box.

I will go to dealer this Saturday,  I dont know about highline rear light, i have the L&K top spec but it does differ from european ones.  

I think you don't have a 2016 model. I tryed to activate on 4 2017 models. but when cheking the option in the Columbus or gaugemenu the systeem won't want to activate (Option is at this momenterrily  not available) . I made a logfile and  find out the A5 give's a fault code: See attached file.

Resetting everything won't work. waiting for a day wont work. Made a lot of scans and logfiles but can't find the solution.

I have done this on three MY2017. If you have done all steps, you have to delete the fault codes, then turn off ignition. Wait 5 seconds and then you can turn on ignition. This is my way to activate Lane assist an always succesful

Emergency Assist doesn´t work on my car. Lane Assist deactivates after the first warning, and nothing further happens. Is there a guide to code it?

Yes, I have all of that, but it still doesn´t work... Lane Assist is something I´ve coded myself, so there must be some coding missing somewhere for Emergency Assist to work.

Yes, I have all of that, but it still doesn´t work... Lane Assist is something I´ve coded myself, so there must be some coding missing somewhere for Emergency Assist to work.

Sorry, just thinking it should ask for a steering wheel input or some action like operating the gas or brake pedal after a certain time. does it do that?

Hi, can you help with this vcds options on MY17?

1. Deactivation of Start-Stop

STG 08-HVAC - Adaptations - IDE04159-Deactivation of start-stop system, not activated

What do you say? someove tried?

2. Activating alarms chirps locking/unlocking

STG 16 31347 - adaptations IDE02269-ENG122188-Acknowledgement signals-Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung

Change to active

On MY17 is no option to turn the alarm chirps (Acoustic confirmation) in the infotainment.

3. Enabling DRLs menu

STG 09 - 31347adaptations - (2)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich

Is no option on MY17 (vcds 16.8) change to active

Hi, can you help with this vcds options on MY17?

1. Deactivation of Start-Stop

STG 08-HVAC - Adaptations - IDE04159-Deactivation of start-stop system, not activated

What do you say? someove tried?

2. Activating alarms chirps locking/unlocking

STG 16 31347 - adaptations IDE02269-ENG122188-Acknowledgement signals-Menuesteuerung akustische Rueckmeldung

Change to active

On MY17 is no option to turn the alarm chirps (Acoustic confirmation) in the infotainment.

3. Enabling DRLs menu

STG 09 - 31347adaptations - (2)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich

Is no option on MY17 (vcds 16.8) change to active

I have done all three on a MY17 car.