Dutch4x4

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

il add myself here also

got my Furby vRS and my Sierra GLX 2.0i failed its MOT luckily it failed March 1st

but then had to settle for a Fabia Silverline loan car a few months was really surprised by how good that was and couldn't wait to get my vRS

the sierra used to talk 2 everyone as i drove along as the bumper was held on by wires after a little incident with a bush

• 2 months later...

Rover 100 'Kensington', not built to be driven at the speeds I drive + 500 miles/week just doesn't feel safe ;)

Had another motor, Citroen ZX 1.4 (petrol) which was fine, but it had done 166k miles and the ECU went nutz after an earthstrap failure (read: it rusted through and killed the b*st*rd thing).

Hoping for the call from the dealer to confirm my delivery date though :(

Gave up on a 94 Subaru Impreza 1.6 GL, was costing a fookin fortune travelling to work and back in it, almost 20 quid a day to do 130 miles, it's still sittin at home in my garage waiting for my brother to 'wrx' it up in a month or two, now travelling to work and back with an mpg of at least 50, including stints of travelling at a speed exceeding the limit(shhhhhhh) but only when overtaking ;) ...

The car I had before my Octy's was a Mitsubishi Galant 2.5V6.

I changed to cut my car tax bill, and save my employers money on the repayments for the Galant.

I missed the big squashy seats and nice V6 rumble -which is why I've gone for a V6 again -but I didn't miss the squishy handling and tinfoil bodywork.

Phil

The Octy replaced a 1.0 Micra automatic. Bit of a change :eek: :D

The Micra replaced a 2.0 GLS Vectra which disgraced itself by blowing its head gasket 50 miles south of the border returning home from a holiday in Ireland :eek: We got home - just.

I them spent

Replaced citroen C2 VTR with my first skoda, a fabia VRS, drove the furby for nearly a year, great car but had to chop it in for an octy vrs cos we needed more space.I cant see myself buying any other make even if i had more cash, that said i was looking at the new golf GTI last weekend

Most recent at the top (replaced by the furby vrs of course!)

Renault Megane Coupe

Vauxhall Corsa SXi

Citroen Xsara

Vauxhall Nova

Five cars in less than three years driving (new furby and new corsa, the others were used) - and lots of negative equity along the way :rofl::D

Whats the latest on the 'league tables' then??

Five cars in less than three years driving (new furby and new corsa' date=' the others were used) - and lots of negative equity along the way :rofl::D

[/quote']

I know about that unfortunately:

1992-1994 - Renault 5 TL

1994-1996 - Renault 5 GTX

1996-1999 - Renault Clio 1.4RT

1999-1999 - Mitsubishi Colt 1.6 GLX (worst car ever)

1999-2000 - Ford Fiesta Zetec S (cool wee machine)

2000-2001 - Seat Leon 110 TDi se

2001-2002 - Skoda Octavia RS

2002-2003 - BMW 330d

2003-2004 - Skoda Octavia RS

2004-2005 - Mercedes C32 AMG

2005-? - BMW X3 2.0d

Haven't even begun to calculate the losses there!:eek: :eek:

Had forgotten about this thread!

2000-2003: Honda Civic LSi 3dr (not a bad first car at all, handling was appaling on the bicycle tyres though :rofl:

June 2003-Jan 2005: Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec 3dr (great car, served me well. Handling was cracking, but liked a drink)

Jan 2005 onwards: The future's bright, the future's Skoda....

:D

Steve

:rofl: I traded in my partners SEAT Inbitsa for my Octy and gave her my SEAT Leon (chipped) TDi 110 SE.

She loves the Leon, although I have always mentioned that it too has a very big rear :rofl::rofl:

I had been offered a very good discount deal with Volvo on a V70, but when I heard the price and the equipment spec I couldn't stop :rofl: much to the annoyance of the spotty young salesgeek.

I love my Octy :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I love my PSi Powerbox :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

:D

Fabia vrs is my second car, traded in my Ford Ka Collection for it - mainly because I live on a hill and the last thing the Ka did before arriving on my drive was struggle - a thoroughly depressing experience. Although I'm about to move down south having acquired myself a job in Rickmansworth, which I believe is less hilly, I wouldn't swap back!

What's the defection table looking like these days?

Yhwman

PS - Any tips on where's good (and reasonably priced) to rent around Rickmansworth?

Sold an Jap MR2 G-Ltd for my Fab. Last three cars of mine ::

• Mk1 106 Rallye - Superb car, wish i'd never got rid of it! I will have another!
  • Toyota MR2 G-Ltd - Good for about a month. Soon got bored of it.
  • Fab vRS - Maybe not the most fun (its very hard to beat the 106), but definately the nicest!

95 'M' Brand new Fiat Cinquecento Sporting Red, Brilliant car handled like on rails.

96 'P' Brand new Fiat Cinqecento Sporting Yellow. Worst car i've ever owned. Biggest (or smallest) lemon in't world. Failed ECU, Failed catalitic Convertor, Failed exhaust system. Failed ignition, failed spark plugs. Failed windscreen. Cost

cars i can mention actaully liking/loving before my octavia vrs

mini estate. orange with wood effect trim.first car loved it

austin allegro ,the ultmate sleeper,it was brown and minging,but the 1275 engine was a hoot for seeing off the golf gti's from work to the pub on a friday

many really horrible fords and a citreon later....

seat ibiza gti 1.8 16v loved it went styling mad

seat cordoba 2ltr16v coupe' handled like a dream and i'd still have it now if it weren't for our ella

now in the octy and loving it :thumbup:

Ok, I passed my test on 6th June 2002...

998cc Mini Mayfair. Crappy fibreglass bodykit that fell off (literally) and 10" wheels! Never road legal. ahem.

Skoda Favorit (maroon) 136LS. Brown inside. Lasted 600miles before head gasket blew. Ah well

Skoda Favorit GLXi, metallic blue. What a beast! It cost

Car history then I suppose as others have done the same :D

Although I passed my driving test in The Netherlands, my first car was bought in the UK. Weird concept, but what the hell ;)

Ford Fiesta 1.1, 4 speed. Trashed it to smithereens but it was superb. Only in the wet it sucked, WD40 to the rescue ;)

Peugeot 205 1.2, 4 speed again, longer gears and a LOT less noisy.

Renault 21 - 1.7 90bhp. Blasted thing wouldnt convert to unleaded, ran it on it anyway though, great car, until the garage I used f*cked it up. Basically died a slow death and as 205 below was bought, decided to scrap it eventually :(

Peugeot 205 1.2, 4 speed - bought for gf, but I ended up driving it

Citroen ZX 1.4 Avantage - high mileage, 5 speed box, in great state for the rest. ECU died on it just before I went to the US for 3 months, so scrapped it. Up to that point it was great, 800 quid for the 35k I put on it, died at 166k miles eventually

Rover 100 1.1, 5 speed. Amazingly still going. Spent too much on the brake system when I first bought it as our second car for to-be-Mrs-at-the-time to learn how to drive (yep, still). Now doing 500-odd miles a week commute at speeds it was not designed to be used. Will be passing another MOT with very minor work (bushes at the front, new tyre, new indicator bulbs). Gonna give it a new cambelt and a wash too :D

Soon, hopefully very soon - Furby vRS as per sig :D