Superb MKIII owners register

13 minutes ago, jannerofl said:

Had a Mazda for nearly 10 years, after saving and reading tons of reviews, I knew i had to get a Skoda Octavia or Superb.  Ideally the Estate but a 2017 SE L Executive Hatch DSG became available nearby with 40000 miles on it.  2 or 3k cheaper than others on Autotrader etc.  Went up next day, and now I have it.  So far, I absolutely love it. 

Only fault I can find is that there are no automatic wipers, and even though there is a boot button inside the car and on my keys, i wanted it to open and close using this button haha.

Will soon delete the chrome around the window trim and make it look more 'sportline'

but loving it and used this forum as a source of information plenty of times before pulling the trigger 

It will have automatic wipers, just leave in the first position

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jannerofl said:

Had a Mazda for nearly 10 years, after saving and reading tons of reviews, I knew i had to get a Skoda Octavia or Superb.  Ideally the Estate but a 2017 SE L Executive Hatch DSG became available nearby with 40000 miles on it.  2 or 3k cheaper than others on Autotrader etc.  Went up next day, and now I have it.  So far, I absolutely love it. 

Only fault I can find is that there are no automatic wipers, and even though there is a boot button inside the car and on my keys, i wanted it to open and close using this button haha.

Will soon delete the chrome around the window trim and make it look more 'sportline'

but loving it and used this forum as a source of information plenty of times before pulling the trigger 

Superb? I thought SEL exec comes with auto wipers as standard. The intermittent setting is auto. They don't come-on quickly when it rains but toggle it off/int will activate it immediately. 

• Like 1

SE L Executive hatch

280PS TSI

4X4

Alcantara with DCS, KESSY, LED Plus, flappy paddle gearshift, rear seat drop from control in back of boot

Collected it today. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, KeteCantek said:

Superb? I thought SEL exec comes with auto wipers as standard. The intermittent setting is auto. They don't come-on quickly when it rains but toggle it off/int will activate it immediately. 

Yep I was wrong, poster above said the same.  Still getting used to it....put it this way.....took me 2 days to realise I could open the boot using the fob haha

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, jannerofl said:

Yep I was wrong, poster above said the same.  Still getting used to it....put it this way.....took me 2 days to realise I could open the boot using the fob haha

I’ve always been pretty good at adapting to new cars, but for some reason this Superb had a couple of  things that didn’t jump out me and the manual is so big, I couldn’t see me reading it from cover to cover.

My lightbulb moment was a month or two after I had picked it up and I noticed on a video somebody locking their door by touching the back of the door handle. My old car's keyless system used to lock as I walked away and I wondered why Skoda didn’t do that...it was watching that video I realised I should read the owners manual a bit more :dull:

Hace 43 minutos, neil3k dijo:

70 placa Superb Estate SEL con Diesel 200ps DSG Box.

Me encanta, pero es muy yyyyyyy largo.

I live in the city of Madrid and I need to have 2 cars, the Superb and a smaller one to move around the city or go shopping.

• 1 month later...
On 09/02/2021 at 16:00, jannerofl said:

The boot closing from button can be programmed with VCP

On 14/02/2021 at 19:27, neil3k said:

70 plate Superb Estate SEL with the Diesel 200ps DSG Box.

Love it but it's veryyyyyyyy long.

Nah, 

I too have the 70 SEL estate but 150ps DSG.

ITs no longer than our Discovery 😃

On 11/02/2021 at 10:06, Kolorado said:

I’ve always been pretty good at adapting to new cars, but for some reason this Superb had a couple of  things that didn’t jump out me and the manual is so big, I couldn’t see me reading it from cover to cover.

My lightbulb moment was a month or two after I had picked it up and I noticed on a video somebody locking their door by touching the back of the door handle. My old car's keyless system used to lock as I walked away and I wondered why Skoda didn’t do that...it was watching that video I realised I should read the owners manual a bit more :dull:

I’ve had mine nearly 2yrs now. Only found out the other day, the ambient lighting saves to the designated key. Last time our lass used the car the lighting was green, I changed it the other day to white. Never noticed before. 

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, I think I like all the available colours but some really do change with the light. Velvet Red is something else when the sun's out.

Of course I am biased - but I liked the Yeti in Terracotta Bronze, so I know what I'm talking about.... ;)

Pickup day today!

Superb iV L&K estate

Lava Blue, black interior, silver Canopus wheels

Options:

Tow bar pack

- Integrated tow bar

- Rear view camera

- Partition net screen

- transversal roof bar with bag

L&K Business Adventure Edition

- Infotainment Amundsen

- Traffic sign recognition

- Ventilated front seats

- Virtual pedal

- Side assist; Lane assist; Traffic jam assist; Rear traffic alert; Emegency assist

Black fabric headlining

Beige brushed dashboard

Heated rear seats

Acoustic windows

Panoramic Sunroof

4xUSB + 230V including Tablet holder

Helios winter wheels (I think they´re black, haven't looked yet).

Bonus: the door pocket waste bin is beeing carried over since three cars ago.

I'm a little sad I didn't get the personalized keys, I thought they were standard, since they were not an option.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Proud 2 week owner of 2017 Skoda Superb 206TSI (aka 280) 4X4 276bhp

Black Magic in colour with beige full leather interior

Tech pack - Adaptive Chassis Control, lane keeping assist, blind spot monitoring, rear-cross traffic alert, automated parking assist, hands-free tailgate and a 12-speaker Canton sound system.

Comfort pack - Perforated leather seats with heating and cooling function on the front seats, heated rear seats and the ability to electrically control the front passenger's seat from the rear (Boss control!)

19-inch alloys

LED ambient interior lighting - choice of colours

3 setting memory driver seat

Selectable Drive Modes - Normal, Eco, Sport, Comfort and Individual

Keyless entry

Keyless ignition

3 keys as standard

Sports suspension

Tri-zone air-conditioning

Rear sun blinds

Umbrellas hidden in the front door

Bluetooth

Navigation

8.0-inch touchscreen

Apple CarPlay 

Android Auto

2 X headrest tablet holders

20210414_000215.jpg

20210414_000800.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Collected my new to me 69 Plate 1.5 TSI SE Tech today and enjoyed the drive home.

That 1.5 TSI can shift a bit, much more so than the 2.0 Litre diesel with the same 150Bhp

New owner of '67 Plate Skoda Superb Hatchback 2.0 TDI CR Laurin + Klement 5dr DSG.

The image below was from the seller, I've since removed the number plates, and had some plain aluminum ones made up, which look a lot tider.

I've also just had the DSG gearbox serviced as there was no actual evidence of this being done at 40k, the car is at 43.5k so hopefully no lasting damage done as it wasn't done at the correct interval.

Comes with the tech pack, but TSA not enabled. I'm already in talks with a member on here to have this enabled via VCDS coding, and this is planned for tomorrow.

front.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hdsn555 said:

I've since removed the number plates, and had some plain aluminum ones made up,

Are they reflective? If not they are illegal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, facet edge said:

Are they reflective? If not they are illegal

Yes, they are reflective and they conform to the British Standard BSAU145d. They're a lot thinner profile to the acrylic plates, and hopefully will look fresher for longer.

https://www.onestopnumberplates.co.uk/product/premium-aluminium-number-plate/ for anyone else interested.

From September this year, I believe all new cars will be supplied with aluminium plates in place of the default plastic ones.

• Like 1