Superb MKIII owners register

12 hours ago, CRISB said:

CRISB - Sport Line 4x4 280 HP

20211011_130051.jpg

lovely car. This 280ps engine what I will look to swap in two years time. Interesting to hear pros and cons

CRISB - Sport Line 4x4 280 HP

This was in Germany this summer. 

257 km/h means quite 160 miles/ hour.

It amazing how the car is accelerating from 120 to 160 when you put the feet down.

AMAZING 

Also the lunch control is really nice.

IMG-20210801-WA0003.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Having attained the notable three score years and ten I decided to treat myself and move to the dark side (Beemer, since you ask!) so time to sign off from this forum.  I've not been a prolific poster as I was new to Skoda and joined to learn but have been an avid reader over the past couple of years  There are so many knowledgeable posters that every day has been a school day and compared to some forums very little "willy waving" or needless arguments.  Whenever I've raised any queries the replies have always been helpful and friendly even though sometimes the questions have perhaps been a bit dumb!  So can I wish you all the very best for the future and thank those who've offered help, like SachaGrace with coding,  I'm sure this forum will continue to go from strength to strength.

As for the Skoda Superb, good name because it really is a hell of a lot of car for the money.  Why anyone would buy a VW instead of Skoda puzzles me?  I tested an Audi A6 Avant Quattro before deciding on the 5 series touring and the layout was so similar I thought it was really just a more upmarket Superb, quite a bit upmarket but too similar to tempt me (although it did go like **** off a wet shovel compared to the 1.5 petrol!!).  Overall the Superb is a very relaxing car to drive with a hell of a lot to commend it and very little to condemn it.  Little touches like the hooks in the boot (they must cost about thre'pence each!) that stop your shopping being all over floor when you get home are helpful things other makers would do well to copy.  Only real PITA was that if you set up an individual driving style you have to switch to it every start up, particularly on a multi stop journey.  Real first world problem that, so really enjoyed my time with Skoda and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

Off to find a beemer forum that I only hope is as knowledgeable and helpful as this one.

👋  Cheerio.

• Like 4

On 13/11/2021 at 22:30, Smudger2 said:

Quick question, I've found in my boot 2 8"x4" 'pads' that are flat on the bottom and raised on the other side, like little pillows. Anyone know what they're for? 

L&K? They’re the foot pads that go under front seats, to give the rear passengers a bit of a footrest.

• Thanks 1

Hello all, bought a used 2016 280 4x4 SE L Executive with DCC as my new daily driver. It's on 31k miles with Skoda service history and the beige/sandy coloured interior. I'm very happy with the spec, the interior, and the comfort.

I recently sold my 1996 Volvo 850R tuned to about 400bhp and 500lb-ft, and am in the process of selling my Mercedes E Class hybrid saloon too. I'm considering a stage 1 remap once I've settled into the car and then perhaps an intake, downpipe, intercooler, and custom map to accompany it later down the line. The Superb is quicker sub 70mph than the Volvo as that was very laggy due to the turbo size and boost levels, but at the top end it's not as fast. I am also considering the Eibach Pro lowering springs as I think DCC is currently doing a phenomenal job at providing comfort so I can afford to lose a tiny bit by going lower.

The car unfortunately came on 3x brand new Davanti budgets and 1x Pirelli so it's got to have 4x new tyres immediately. Frustratingly Michelin PS4 in 235/45/18 are stupid pricing so I think I'm going to get the 245/45/18 and take the sidewall loss. This will also knock comfort ever so slightly while improving handling ever so slightly.

Has anyone fitted this size before, I'm assuming it's not going to scrub as it's a tiny difference but I want to check.

PXL_20211113_120552866.jpg

Returning to the Skoda Siii fold after 2years with a Land Rover Discovery 5. The LR Discovery takes the award for the most unreliable vehicle I have owned in 43 years of car ownership. 
Hoping that Superb hatch 2.0 TSI is as reliable as my previous Sii and Siii.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/09/2021 at 19:23, ZacDaMan72 said:

Bought myself a 2017 (MY18) Superb Sportline 280PS - no additional options from the high NZ spec. Only things that the car is missing are sunroof, heated windscreen and steering wheel (heated steering wheel not available that model year in NZ).

174151605_2021_09_12_22_28_IMG_0315small.thumb.jpg.769ed4c7399f21111f66b827bdc4ba53.jpg507543722_2021_09_12_22_28_IMG_0319small.thumb.jpg.8f69e504c027b3c56d51bc26d1f15a6b.jpg

great purchase. dare i ask what is cost ? is its' boot vastly superior to that of the 5 seat Kodiaq ? low end punch compared to the Kodiaq RS ?

On 22/11/2021 at 23:57, NurseHolliday said:

Frustratingly Michelin PS4 in 235/45/18 are stupid pricing so I think I'm going to get the 245/45/18 and take the sidewall loss. This will also knock comfort ever so slightly while improving handling ever so slightly. Has anyone fitted this size before, I'm assuming it's not going to scrub as it's a tiny difference but I want to check.

It'll be fine, plenty of people using 245/40R19 which is fractionally larger again

9 hours ago, chrisluciofg said:

great purchase. dare i ask what is cost ? is its' boot vastly superior to that of the 5 seat Kodiaq ? low end punch compared to the Kodiaq RS ?

Skoda's got the Kodiaq down as 630L with the 3rd row folded, and the Superb at 660L, but the loading lip of the Superb is a lot lower. 2nd row folds flatter in the Kodiaq than the Superb. 

Might not have quite the low end punch, but the 206TSI is good for 0-100 in low 5s, and the Kodiaq is high 6s. Superb is 258kg lighter!

4 hours ago, Morgan78 said:

'17 L&K Superb Combi, UK import. I'm an X5 convert. Looking forward to driving this machine.

Nice one, well wear. Not many L&Ks about in Ireland, and feck all on sale at the moment, so importing was a good move. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GregorSamsa said:

Nice one, well wear. Not many L&Ks about in Ireland, and feck all on sale at the moment, so importing was a good move. 

Bought from Dealer in Limerick. Couldn't be dealing with all the hassle and extra costs u get now from importing.

• Like 1

Hi folks, 

So after a lot of looking, I’ve finally bought a 2019 SE Technology Combi. It’s the 150 Manual version, and I should be collecting it this week. It’s been imported from the Nottingham area, and had 77,000 miles on it. Dealer is doing the TB for me so I’m happy enough with that, but when I had it out for a test drive, the sat man kept saying no media present, or something to that affect! Am I right in thinking that the nav is on an SD card, that’s obviously not there? It should have it, and is advertised as having nav, so just trying to find out before collection so I can get the dealer to include it. 
I’m new here, can’t wait to pick up the car, will post pics once I have it. 
TIA, 

Paul. 

• Love it! 1

On 08/01/2022 at 21:31, ratracer said:

Hi folks, 

So after a lot of looking, I’ve finally bought a 2019 SE Technology Combi. It’s the 150 Manual version, and I should be collecting it this week. It’s been imported from the Nottingham area, and had 77,000 miles on it. Dealer is doing the TB for me so I’m happy enough with that, but when I had it out for a test drive, the sat man kept saying no media present, or something to that affect! Am I right in thinking that the nav is on an SD card, that’s obviously not there? It should have it, and is advertised as having nav, so just trying to find out before collection so I can get the dealer to include it. 
TIA, 

Paul. 

Yep, 2 SD card slots, one for the Navigation data and one for your music……….Skoda Nav normally only works with genuine Skoda cards.

• Thanks 1

On 08/01/2022 at 21:31, ratracer said:

Hi folks, 

TIA, 

Paul. 

Paul picked my Superb up on Fri and checked last night, I also have no SD cards but I do have sat nav capabilities, albeit 2017 version. I'll be getting my own SD card and updating from Skoda website. All instructions there, even what card to get. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Berisford said:

Skoda Nav normally only works with genuine Skoda cards

then it's Amundsen.

Columbus stores map files into device and for upload can be used any SD Card or USB Stick