Columbus Map updates and firmware

Hi i have the following:

3T0035680B

H06

Europe

Navteq

The maps are missing loads of roads and want to update it, however every disc i have tried says disc error, apart from the original that came with the car.

I have tried a factory reset and loaded the original maps back on then tried to update the maps with a dvd i was given but that says error still.

Help ! - The car has 200,000 miles on it so not keeping after 6 months so really want to update the maps without paying £100's for it.

Can anyone help as i don't know why it wont read the dvd's.

I have just downloaded and installed FW 6276 and Maps V12 8195.

What's new on FW 6276?  I'm still on 42XX and haven't seen a reason to upgrade yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi People,

Forgive my posting this topic ....but looking for help and threads with regard to DAB logos seem to have dried up....and I noticed that this post contained a mention of firmware 6276 which is what I have on my 2015 Superb.....but having spent days going through internet have yet to find info on how to load DAB logos onto the Columbus head unit. Yes I have copied images to SD card etc etc but can not seem to find the "option" to load the files ? am I missing something ?  any help appreciated.

I found this for the Bolero radio a while ago - It might be relevant. I don't have DAB and don't listen to the radio, so I've never tried any of this.
http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/288679-radio-station-logos-for-the-bolero/

Thanks Psycholist,

i had seen that thread ...but the Bolero has a different interface....although the idea is the same ...I would not be normally so bothered but had a Fabia for a day that had all DAB logos on the radio and it looked great ...

The MK2 Superb Columbus does not support DAB logos, just a simple station list is all you will get. The technology in the 3T0 Columbus is almost 10 years old, so it is now a very dated unit. The new Columbus used in the MK3 Superb will support DAB logos, just like the MK3 Fabia radios do.

The MK2 Superb Columbus does not support DAB logos, just a simple station list is all you will get. The technology in the 3T0 Columbus is almost 10 years old, so it is now a very dated unit. The new Columbus used in the MK3 Superb will support DAB logos, just like the MK3 Fabia radios do.

Are you sure? I've seen a few images such as this that suggest otherwise:

rns-510-dab-3.jpg

Hi all,

Well I am even more confused now .....Lassethedude seems to think the Columbus can .......help !!!   ....can you tell me what software version your Columbus has ?   and how you managed to display DAB logos .........I was told by Skoda (Oxford) that my Columbus does not support Logos .....this surely is wrong as I get the standard "DAB" logo which is designed to be replaced by station artwork/logo when broadcast or uploaded ....

I have loaded the logos on to my SDcard ready to upload ...just need to find out how ?   thanks in advance for any help to clarify this issue.

post-131877-0-20737800-1443562079_thumb.jpgpost-131877-0-74449100-1443562079_thumb.jpg

C14 HW of Columbus with 6276 SW ;)

Here u can see.

It updates the pictures from the dab channel all the time. I even get news and weather forecasts :) The logos should not be local on the player.

This is the weather forecast:

post-131877-0-42956700-1443562430_thumb.jpg

Hi,im looking to upgrade/update my system but im worried that if I use vw upgrade dvd I will end up with a vw star up logo... or is dependent on the firmware version?

If it's a columbus it should retain the Skoda logo. You can also change the boot logo afterwards if you'd prefer something else too!

Hi Lasse....and everyone ...that looks pretty cool ...I think Norway transmits DAB+ so that may be the reason for your system to work and not mine ?  Anyone out there have a Columbus unit in the UK thats displays Logo's 2015 or before.......still trying to find the definitive answer ...