Hooray the Sport is going.

Hi, it does look nice. I'd never have thought about one but my neighbour also has a Swift Sport and he loves it. I think they are very underrated cars. Please don't leave Briskoda as your probably the only other person who understands how crap Rapids are and how awful Skoda UK is. Having said all I have about my Rapid the mpg is starting to creep up and as the engine wears in its getting quicker. So that's slightly positive, I reckon if I can go til the end of the year without anything else going wrong I might start to trust it, a bit.

• Like 1

Well, I'd say sorry to hear you're leaving Skoda, but from what you've said in the past, getting the Crapid was a disastrous mistake and now you're back in a go kart, with just more power :) enjoy it

It was a mistake as I should've got this one last year instead originally. The handling is brilliant :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, it does look nice. I'd never have thought about one but my neighbour also has a Swift Sport and he loves it. I think they are very underrated cars. Please don't leave Briskoda as your probably the only other person who understands how crap Rapids are and how awful Skoda UK is. Having said all I have about my Rapid the mpg is starting to creep up and as the engine wears in its getting quicker. So that's slightly positive, I reckon if I can go til the end of the year without anything else going wrong I might start to trust it, a bit.

I'll still be here on Briskoda as its a great place to be. The Suzuki forums are too quiet for me. As said by many other Skoda owners its Skodas attitude to us owners that are making us go elsewhere.

• Like 1

Yes I am truly shocked by Skoda UK, it's not at all how Skoda portray themselves. They don't give an inch and ultimately that will cost them my repeat custom and yours and undoubtably many others too. I hope you enjoy your Swift, let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

You've made the right call - though it is sad to think that someone else is going get lumbered with your lemon of a Rapid.

But, you needed to get shot of it before it completely drove you insane.

You'll love the Swift, they are a very good car.

I've had a Suzuki or three in the family & they are screwed together quite well. Maybe a bit "tinny" but still durable.

The new ones seem to be a bit better than the MK2 but yes a bit tinny when closing the doors.

Suzuki's I've tried seem pretty well built (apart from the uber-tinny Alto, made at Maruti in India).

I've not heard anything bad about the European Swift (built in Hungary AFAIK).

Hope it goes well for you. (it couldn't be any worse!)

• Like 1

Before the Rapid I had a Suzuki Splash with the same 1200cc engine as the Swift.It was a fine small car with excellent handling but the engine,which had 92 bhp allegedly,was poor.The acceleration from a standing start was pedestrian and the power was only delivered at very high revs.The TSI engine in the Rapid was a revelation in comparison.However you are getting the 1600cc which,no doubt,is a totally different kettle of fish.

• Like 1

Nice looking car; my lad considered a standard Swift to replace his 09 Fabia but ended with an Ibiza due to current big discounts on stock cars fitted with the now withdrawn VAG 1.4MPI motor.

Went with him last month to pick it up from Grimsby and was amazed how many cars from various manufactures, including Suzuki, there were in the dock compounds.

TP

• Like 1

Good luck, nice motors they are. You have me wondering if I should have done something like this instead of replacing the crapid for the spaceback

Hope all goes well and you really like it.... no gloating though! Don't upset us.....

• Like 1

YES!!

We might not have any more Rapid related threads from you now :) :)

I was expecting an answer like that from you. Typical there's always one on here. Thanks to everyone else for your kind words :)

That's cruel! :giggle:

...although I hope for the sake of the SSOC forum you get a good one! ;)

It's a quiet forum with just general talk and hardly any problems which is a good sign :)

Every car don't matter who makes it has its problems.

Have owned Suzuki's for many years, including running a new Swift now - great cars.

Also had a Swift Sport previously, and only ended up selling it for better fuel economy when I stepped up to @18k pa.

Miss the fun factor ;(

• Like 1

The Swift is a great car, although at a different segment. You can't compare the Rapid with the Swift, like you can't compare the Swift with e.g. the Qashqai.

Of course, clearly the Swift is much more suited for you Stormchaser so happy miles with your new car :)

P.S.: Some years ago when I wanted to buy a smaller car, I was seriously considering the Swift, I have driven it and it was very nice, a Jap car with European feeling.

• Like 1

I love the Swift Sport.  Proper little hot hatch.

I really think things are getting silly right now with hot/mega hatches - ever more power, more electronic stability aids and wider tyres just chasing 0-60s and Nurburgring lap times.  It's great if you're 18 and want to win the "Traffic Light Grand Prix" but I find a lot of them need to be pushed VERY hard to have a bit of fun, beyond what's safe or possible on public roads.  Drive them within normal limits and they just feel so dull and inert.  With more modest cars like the Swift you can really use all the available power and have a hoot driving it all while staying inside safe and legal limits.  Call me mad, but I'd take something like a Swift Sport over a Golf R.

Although, I'm with eyegr - not really comparable in any way to the Rapid and seems like an odd switch to me.  Nevertheless hope you enjoy it more than the Rapid!

Edited by naxtek
  • Like 1