Build quality of Superb III

mtl

the one gripe i do have is with the piano black dash and door trim,like the plastic you see on t.v casings,cheap looking and shows every finger print and speck of dust,would much rather it would have been brushed stainless steel or something.

Interesting comment Kev. I originally ordered beige but ended up with brown. The one thing I didn't like was the black trim against the beige colour. It is a huge contrast and I thought it tended to detract from the apparent quality of the beige interior. With the brown leather it is much less noticeable and in some lights it almost takes on the brown hue. Fingers are a nightmare just the same though :clap:

Maybe one of the aftermarket guys will come up with a replacement trim for us eventually?

Pleased to hear you are enjoying it and hopefully flaunting that Jungle Green everywhere you take it :D

Cheers ReedFarmer.  I'm about to e-mail my dealer with pictures and demand it is fixed on warranty.  I'll let you know how I get on.  There is obviously an issue here.

No problem. Skoda are contacting me tomorrow so I will mention it to them. Likewise will advise.

Maybe one of the aftermarket guys will come up with a replacement trim for us eventually?

It should be possible to wrap those areas in a different, lighter colour. I would certainly consider it if I end getting a Mk III.

It should be possible to wrap those areas in a different, lighter colour. I would certainly consider it if I end getting a Mk III.

Wouldn't it be possible to buy dark or light fake aluminum inserts via skoda parts (those that go on eu style/ambition (sel and se))?

Should be easily replacable (snap in place).

Ok - so yesterday I went to open the pocket by the drivers right knee in my SEL Exec Estate, the handle snapped off in my hand.  No undue to pressure and just normal operation.  I have been in touch with SKODA who want to see it so that they can establish if it is a warranty issue.  Quite simply a 28K car shouldn't be falling to bits after 2k miles.  I'm not sure how I could have done anything untoward.  You pull the handle and the storage pocket opens, only in this case the handle fell off!

Snap....quite literally eh. I have just posted on number 48 about the same issue. Mine is beige. I spent some time with it banging my knee afterwards as I could not get it out but managed to do it once I got home. I examined it and it looks like the hole (in case holding the catch) has not been drilled big enough given the coating of beige and thus it was difficult to turn putting undue pressure on it upon opening. Also it looks like it has been over stressed clipping it into the coin tray.

Update on broken 'Drivers Side Storage Compartment'  Murray Skoda Plymouth agree this is not acceptable and will be repaired under warranty.  No quibbles and quick response to my e-mail and pictures sent last night.

• Like 1

I recently discovered there should be umbrellas in both front doors not just the drivers side - meaning my car came with one missing.

Contacted the broker by email (newcardiscount.com) not expecting much as it is a few weeks since delivery but they replied immediately and have arranged for an umbrella to be sent to me.

So minor problem found and quickly resolved.

• Like 2

1800km driven on 280hp Elegance. First fault: when slowing to stop on red lights etc. first left parking sensor shows red and Park Pilot is activated. ok it is -20C out now it might influence but still.

1800km driven on 280hp Elegance. First fault: when slowing to stop on red lights etc. first left parking sensor shows red and Park Pilot is activated. ok it is -20C out now it might influence but still.

check for a clear coat of ice on the sensor (rub to feel (without glove), melt same way :) ). Ice sometimes "activated" sensors on my previous bmw.

Update on broken 'Drivers Side Storage Compartment'  Murray Skoda Plymouth agree this is not acceptable and will be repaired under warranty.  No quibbles and quick response to my e-mail and pictures sent last night.

Excellent. Glad you are sorted. I am waiting to hear from Skoda? Photos gone off and referenced your issue.

So does anyone have a problem with internal/cabin air only (I dont know what is the exect expresion). When the out side temperature is below zero the inside air is working for about 2-4 second when is above zero is working up normally.

Does any one have the same problem?

thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by SuperB-Nl

The flap above where the USB and aux are just snapped off on my car? Only just opened it :| Will see if I can snap it back into place when I get home from work or is it meant to be like that :|

Edited by Damn7547

The flap above where the USB and aux are just snapped off on my car? Only just opened it :| Will see if I can snap it back into place when I get home from work or is it meant to be like that :|

Did you push it open and then try to pull it closed instead of letting it close itself ?

Did you push it open and then try to pull it closed instead of letting it close itself ?

To be honest i'm not sure, its been open since I got the car, I looked at closing it and found the piece to be loose and then detached

Hi folks,

Like many of you,i have waited since september for my 2l 150bhp combi to be delivered. It finally arrived last wednesday and it is well worth the wait.

Build quality is excellent-i have owned 3 octavias and this is my 3rd superb since 2003 and it is easily the best finish of them all. This time around,i went from the 1.6l engine to the 2l and it really shows,especially when overtaking/and on motorways. The engine is quieter,and the feeling of space is more noticable(in fairness,i treated myself to a sunroof and it brightens the cabin-a lot!). Its a genuine pleasure to drive,and my advice to anyone ordering a superb is to treat yourself,if possible,to a few extras.I love the electric boot and the 4 heated seats(which now warm up within 90 seconds-the last model took over 5 minutes to really get going. I also ordered the reverse camera and the Amundsen satnav and the latter is a big improvement on the old version,but its early days yet....

Its not all good news. Skoda,i miss my c.d player! And i also miss the extra chrome protection bar lower down on each door,especially when parking in tight spaces. And what about the rail tracks in the combi boot to really keep heavy stuff securely in place. And i am a long way short of reaching the same 4.8L per 100Km i was getting on my 30km regular journey-my best so far is 6.2km per 100km. Yes,i know it will improve as the engine loosens up and the weather improves,but i did expect better.

So,for anyone out there still waiting-its tough!....but its worth it.

• Like 1

Agree on the CD player - annoying you can only load one CD at once.  I know I should get with the times and use SD cards etc.....

Update on my borken 'drivers side storage compartment' (the one next to the drives right knee for coins etc).  The handle broke off 4 Jan, Murray Skoda agreed to repair under warranty a couple of days later - but the part will not be available until Feb!  in the mean time I will drive my 28K car around with my right knee wedged against a compartment I can't close.  Not sure what will happen if I crash...

I agree, I would like to have more than one CD.

My only real gripe so far is that I'm short one umbrella in the driver's door, one of the few things I forgot to check on picking it up, the dealer is sending me one.

• Like 1

Umbrellas seem to be disappearing all over the place. Both mine were missing on delivery and I know a couple of other new owners who also had either both or one missing.

Perhaps it rains a lot at the factory where they are built :notme:

Worth making sure you dont forget to check before you sign for the car on delivery.

• Like 1

That's bad form!! Should the dealer not be checking for the umbrella's as part of their PDI before they attempt to hand over the car?! 

Agree 100%.

I'm beginning to wonder why Skoda Dealerships do so well in customer surveys!

• Like 1

Agree on the CD player - annoying you can only load one CD at once.  I know I should get with the times and use SD cards etc.....

Update on my borken 'drivers side storage compartment' (the one next to the drives right knee for coins etc).  The handle broke off 4 Jan, Murray Skoda agreed to repair under warranty a couple of days later - but the part will not be available until Feb!  in the mean time I will drive my 28K car around with my right knee wedged against a compartment I can't close.  Not sure what will happen if I crash...

I know what you mean about the tray open. The manual warns about not leaving it open!  I managed to take mine off but took a while. I have glued mine over holiday but minus the spring and I await a replacement from the excellent guys at Skoda.

I think my biggest gripe so far is the lack of external door seal on the door bottoms. In my old Insignia which was no where near the quality of the Superb, it had rubbers on the bottom of the door lips. This meant the door jams kept themselves pretty much spotless. After eleven hundred miles mine are covered in road crud, so looks like this will be an area to clean as often as the exterior rather than occasionally. I hate dirty door jams!