What did you do to your Skoda today pt2

chrisgreen

Painted the front brake disc hubs/bells black in an effort to tidy them up.

I didn't paint the face the wheel bolts too, but my after market alloys have a non circular centre so you can see parts of the unpainted face! Not sure what I'm going to do about this, thinking cap time. The OEM wheels don't have this issue.

They do look better, and I will do the rears next weekend hopefully.

Busy weekend for the MK2,

Yesterday, full service,New Cambelt,Water Pump, DSG Oil,brake fluid, new Bushes.

Today, wash and polish and hoover.

Still looks as good as new at 69,000 miles.

post-4467-0-02764000-1456681169_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mdk1
  • Like 1

Bought it some tyres. Dropped of my summer wheels yesterday morning, then picked them up just as the tyre place was closing.

This morning I was putting them in the shed when I noticed there are no balancing weights on any wheel! Back to the garage tomorrow...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

:swear:  just sent in a claim for a for a damaged  Sirius wheel and tyre to xxxxxxxx council.

wheel £190

tyre £104 but claiming £94 as I have had five months of use  (wear).

:angel:

Edited by james0james

Bought it some tyres. Dropped of my summer wheels yesterday morning, then picked them up just as the tyre place was closing.

This morning I was putting them in the shed when I noticed there are no balancing weights on any wheel! Back to the garage tomorrow...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Maybe they were already perfect :D

Fuel filter change!

Dropping the tank and changing the filter, including a merry little dance, laying down in a puddle, changing the pipes over to the new filter without losing too much fuel: half an hour.

Just getting the bloody tank straps to hook back up again: half an hour. I hate dealing with fuel tank straps. 2 M8x25 bolts came out to release it; an M8x30 and an M8x40 went back in... because the 25mm long bolt was 5mm too short to catch the threads on the first side I did; so I used a 30mm long one. Then I got to the other side, and the 30mm one I tried to use there also wouldn't catch the threads. :x 

I hate fuel tank straps. (I also hate the smell of petrol; but I stink like old engine oil and petrol. This is my life, now. *shudder* Shall be adding gearbox oil *shudders doubly* and diff oil *shudders thricely* to that soon enough.)

Oh, and also exploded the back-box off the exhaust. It's plugged up like crazy, it seems. *head-scratch*

Went for a drive up to Portland Bill this morning to have a walk. On the way through Abbotsbury a mysterious rattle started, thought it was something moving about inside the cabin so various bits and bobs were moved to find the culprit to no avail. On the return journey it was still there and the car was getting louder so knew it was something to do with the exhaust. Got home and started thinking worst case scenario,DPF or something else along the system cracked off. Jacked up and got under the car and very happy to see that it was just the clamp (dual clip) that connects the front section to the rear section had rattled backwards and the front section was now free and unsilenced. The actual part that wraps round is stainless so that's fine it's just the 2 bolt clamps that are part of it obviously aren't stainless and had perished away. For now I've just put a couple of jubilee clips so that the clamp can do it's job again and the car is all nice and silent again. Have got another 'dual clip' on order. Pt number is 1K0253141H if anyone else has similar trouble. That number is for the VRS TDi. (BMN and CEGA) The clip is bigger at 60mm diameter,other systems are 55mm and have a different pt number..

Edited by hatchy

Removed my winter wheels and put on my new summer tyres (less than 200 miles before removed). 12 miles later and having to put the spare wheel on as I have a screw poking out of the tread. Luckily side wall undamaged and it could be repaired.

I gave it a wipe down for the third time since I got it three days ago - I'd forgotten how easily black cars show the dirt. :(

I also went over all the leather/fake leather with Autoglym's leather cream to get rid of the gloss finish of the dealer's stuff. (And the smell of it.)

Edited by FlyingGecko

Put my wife and son in the Octy and drove it to IKEA.

Bought a sofa bed, bed linen, large picture frame, picture and nik-naks.

Realised I had left the dog guard and box of useful stuff in the car.

Unpacked sofa bed from its boxes, rearranged a few things and drove home.

My wife, on seeing everything fitting in the car said: "you should take a picture for the forum."

So I did

7977ee5ea34d5bb670d03bc9be95d653.jpg

Edited by MattHunt
  • Like 1

Did a 300 mile round-trip after work in it. Horwich, to Fleetwood, to Leicester, and back. Didn't miss a beat; though I am getting a little cooked because I recently sorta-fixed the valve on the heater core, but don't want to turn it to 'cold' (i.e. off) in case the pressure builds up, blows out the seal, and I have to go back to refilling the coolant every time I refuel... >.>

EDIT: Damnit. It's still leaking; not as bad as it was before, but still seeping out. I think I'll actually have to pull the heater core and find a proper O-ring for it. The cut to length O-ring kit stuff and the gasket-maker hasn't worked. Sadness.

Edited by Tamber

Stuck a revised advert up for mine today. Started with Pistonheads first, will update the one on here later and perhaps eBay as well.

Avoiding AutoTrader given I've tried it once, got no enquiries and the cost is ridiculous for what you get. Most have come via eBay.

Unlikely another Skoda will replace it!