What did you do to your Skoda today pt2

chrisgreen

Saturday. ...vacumed both cars and then tried out the fabric cleaner from CYC. Back seats in the Octy look much better now.

Next weekend I need to do the Fabia. Then put fabric protection on both.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Waited until Kim went into town, then went out and washed both cars. Yes she played merry hell with me when she got back............ but I've now got two clean cars on the drive!

Mike

Mike, don't take this the wrong way, but you are an idiot! The cars can wait you mad man. I am not surprised she gave you merry hell. Look after yourself

Felicia- Filled with fuel and drove 40 miles home from work.

Octavia- Moved newly arrived Gemini set no.2 to a safe storage place until I get a set of tyres to fit at said work.

SWMBO'S Roomster- Drove to nearest town, filled with shopping and drove home again.

Mam's Citigo- Filled with fuel.

Bailed all the water out the wheel well of swmbo's citigo. Attempted to trace the leak gave up when it started raining.

Drove the octy to the plumbing shop to price up new sink and taps for the kitchen.

need to change the old work top so new splash back tiles needed, so screw it a sink and tap aswell!

opened the boot earlier on to get the kids scooters and kites out for a trip to the recreation ground. then when we came back did the reverse and put them back in again...

Was going to do the cambelt today on the 1.4 16v, got so far in the strip down, then realised I needed the pulley holding tool, which I don't have :doh:

Still, not got to the point of no return yet, so have ordered the Sealey tool, VSE23581, hope it's with me soon! :wonder:

Tried the newly fitted crossclimates on the Octy on snow and ice.

And?????   what was the conclusion - I've had no snow to play on since they were fitted

And?????   what was the conclusion - I've had no snow to play on since they were fitted

Didn't have much snow but enough. 

On snow they are good. I have full winters on the Passat (Pirelli Sottozero) and Fabia (Goodyear Ultragrip 8) the CrossClimates are very close on fresh snow on the hill at the side of my house going up and braking.  More than happy with the snow performance and I know I will get to my drive on these, on summers I have no chance.

The following night the snow was slush that had turned to ice. On this the CrossClimates were better than summers would be but they were a fair way off the full winters. I suspect this is due to the lack of sipes. The payback for the lack of sipes is the turn in bite and grip on dry warm roads.

Wet weather performance especially in deep water is excellent.

The thing that most amazes me about these tyres is the noise, they are very quite. The Octavia isn't great with tyre noise insulation and the old Goodyear Efficient Grips used to roar on poor services but the CrossClimates hardly change tone. The Octavia is now quieter than the Passat.

Lee

Edited by logiclee

Didn't have much snow but enough. 

On snow they are good. I have full winters on the Passat (Pirelli Sottozero) and Fabia (Goodyear Ultragrip 8) the CrossClimates are very close on fresh snow on the hill at the side of my house going up and braking.  More than happy with the snow performance and I know I will get to my drive on these, on summers I have no chance.

The following night the snow was slush that had turned to ice. On this the CrossClimates were better than summers would be but they were a fair way off the full winters. I suspect this is due to the lack of sipes. The payback for the lack of sipes is the turn in bite and grip on dry warm roads.

Wet weather performance especially in deep water is excellent.

The thing that most amazes me about these tyres is the noise, they are very quite. The Octavia isn't great with tyre noise insulation and the old Goodyear Efficient Grips used to roar on poor services but the CrossClimates hardly change tone. The Octavia is now quieter than the Passat.

Lee

Cheers... I've also found them good in the wet and as you say the lack of noise is uncanny.

Skoda failed its WOF for a failed xenon bulb.
Which was working perfectly when I got home.
Apparently they do this when they're on their way out so I bought a new pair of Osram bulbs from Ebay (for $119 delivered). Skoda wanted $248 + GST each.
On the Mk1 Octavia they're not that easy to change :)
12748098_10153830313250977_4955380137420

12698569_10153830313215977_3170305878633

New coolant bottle fitted, hopefully will stop the random warning light for low coolant on cold starts.
12779232_10153830318320977_5846658066734