What did you do to your Skoda today pt2

chrisgreen

Washed it (in the rain... OK it wasn’t raining when I started) which confirmed to the neighbours and SWMBO i’m certifiable  :blush:

Yesterday took an old single bed to the tip, which fitted without moving the front seats!  :D

just as well really isnt it. Bet its a right pain in the arse trying to drive without a seat :D 

Moving, not removing  :D

When I collected the new bed during the week, the salesman smirked when be saw what I had come to collect it... until it went in and he said ‘oh, there’s loads of room’ (a good 10” more than the mattress)   :D

Moving, not removing :D

When I collected the new bed during the week, the salesman smirked when be saw what I had come to collect it... until it went in and he said ‘oh, there’s loads of room’ (a good 10” more than the mattress) :D

Ahaa. I should really lay off the skim reading perhaps! Haha.

Oh theres loads of room isnt there! I looked at one in the dealers. God its big in there. Nearly as big as the fabia with the seats down probably :D

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 1

Cleaned it, polished, waxed, stuck Briskoda sticker to front left of the windscreen then got roped into giving the missus Seat Ibiza the same treatment, 5 hours!!

Shiny waxed cars very satisfying though. :nerd:

Washed it, hoovered it, took the dealer sticker out of the back window and the service sticker, forecourt ID sticker and alarm warning sticker (seriously, do they even make cars without alarms now?) out of the windscreen. then cleaned all the windows with Megs glass cleaner.

Also noticed that the back drums are starting to get rusty. I only did them last f*****g week!

Washed it, hoovered it, took the dealer sticker out of the back window and the service sticker, forecourt ID sticker and alarm warning sticker (seriously, do they even make cars without alarms now?) out of the windscreen. then cleaned all the windows with Megs glass cleaner.

Also noticed that the back drums are starting to get rusty. I only did them last f*****g week!

Citigo isn't fitted with a alarm ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The garage fitted up the new clutch and dual-mass flywheel through the week, got my car back - amazed at how much smoother the car feels and accelerates :sun:  This may just be my imagination, however, I think the fuel economy has improved slightly too :p (its fuel economy has always been good anyway). Spent 5 hours polishing out fine scratches left in the paintwork after some well-meaning soul at the garage had washed my car with a pressure washer and brush attachment :notme: 

Finally got the V5 through today (56 days) for the Superb, so swapped the private plate onto the car (this is soo much easier now you do it all online yourself)

No photos as the car in hanging at the moment!  

I err, didn't pick it up. My other one? well I took that to get some money to not buy the other one with. I also went to enquirer about the price of paint for re-spraying the Octy. Not going to cost a fortune and if I use either red, blue or Yellow it will cost less as he has some left over from other jobs that he's willing to sell for less. Maybe I will use red, yellow, blue and green? What do ya think?

Disclaimer, the image is based on a photo I found on Google, this is not the car in question, and although it does look real this is not the actual colour of the car in the photo.

d17c15af-f5b0-4187-9a73-73027c392d22_zps

But I'm kinda liking the idea of Harlequinne Octy.

Edited by Outofthi5world

I think horizontal stripes... makes it go faster as the air is channelled along the colours from front to rear... that harlequinne effect will cause alot of buffeting at higher speeds as the air fights against the block colours..

Edit: couldnt live with the spelling errors in peer reviewed facts as stated above

Edited by mac11irl