New cars on the road

A good few appearing on the roads here in Ireland now. I think the front end is the most impressive. It is distinguishable from the Octavia, but only just. In this market, the ambition (SE) level upwards have xenons as standard so benefit from the LED DRLs which really set it off on approach.

Thought I saw one tonight side on and discovered as I got closer I was looking at an Insignia! Even got a hint of a Renault Fluence from the rear end when I looked at a Superb III the other day!!. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking it too much, just making the point that it will quickly blend in with every other upper mid-sized car on the road. That's not necessarily a bad thing of course but it just won't have that uniqueness anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive only seen the same one again and again - an SE Exec L, moon white estate. I know because it's one of the partners of the nearby Skoda dealership!

Does look very nice, though from the front it is very Octavia-esque apart from the LED DRL

Looking the same as the Octavia is no different than the fact that all Audis from the front look the same to me bar the TT and RS8.

Only seen one on the road and that was in Shrewsbury the other week.

Edited by Leeboy

• 3 weeks later...

Yet to see one on the road but have seen one in my road! 

There's a white  one several houses down the  road from  me seen it twice so it seems to  live there. 

Anyone from  Biggin Hill on here? 

I haven't seen any in the wild yet, not even in Mainland Europe when we went to a Center Parc near Eindhoven & I thought I was bound to see one over there!

actually saw my first "public" one last week (i.e. not one owned by a skoda partner as noted above)

Was a black L&K estate, looked really smart though personally would have changed the wheels from the grey ones

Just saw my first down in Surrey (near Chertsey)... Beautiful Business Grey hatch. Looks amazing at night with the rear LED tail lights... And the rear wiper looks good to me too. It makes me even more glad I ordered in Business Grey.

Saw a black estate on the A27 near Chichester. It's not the dealer demo from there as they have a white estate and a grey hatch that I'm collecting in. 2 weeks.

I had a black estate with Smart Light Assist follow me through Dartford tunnel about 3 weeks ago... the SMA looked very nice... as did the whole car TBH

A blue estate came past me on the Severn Bridge the other day. Maybe it was the colour, but it just looked bland. I was a bit disappointed to be honest.

If it was Petrol Blue then I can agree with this... it really does need a bright sunny day to do the colour justice.

The Superb III has been on the road in Ireland for a while now (longer than the UK I think) and there are quite a few on the roads now which is surprising given our registration periods start in January and July. There are even a few estates around now and they are definitely the nicer looking and more rounded design car IMO. Pity other manufacturers don't put more effort into the estate rather it being an afterthought in a lot of cases!

Darn it! One of my neighbours has beaten me to the Superb punch and recently taken delivery of an L&K estate in cappuccino beige with beige leather interior. Not personally a combination I think I'd endorse - believing contrast with brown would look much better, but maybe I'm just bitter he's the first in the area with the new superb instead of me. Humph!!

Seeing it does however make me wish I'd found a little extra money to upgrade the alloys to 18" Pegasus. They do look nice. Maybe next time.

Edited by Buzzlightear

Seen my first being used in anger this evening going north on the M6 in Cheshire. Complete with a rack of shirts hanging up in the rear and already looking fairly dirty! It filled the outside lane with the same sort of presence as a 5 series.

• Like 1

Darn it! One of my neighbours has beaten me to the Superb punch and recently taken delivery of an L&K estate in cappuccino beige with beige leather interior. Not personally a combination I think I'd endorse - believing contrast with brown would look much better, but maybe I'm just bitter he's the first in the area with the new superb instead of me. Humph!!

Seeing it does however make me wish I'd found a little extra money to upgrade the alloys to 18" Pegasus. They do look nice. Maybe next time.

Are you going to be getting winter tyres? ;-)