NEW! MOT History Checker Website

silver1011

My 2005 Citroen C2 that I sold in December 2011 is still going, although sounds a lot worse for wear. One of the advisories was 'rear springs held on by cable ties'

Sounds safe..

Thats an advisory?

I thought youd be more than 'advised' not to do that lol.

• Like 1

I was just thinking (yesterday) you don't see many C2s about these days, then I saw one with a bean can exhaust. I suppose most VTRs and VTSes have been ragged to death - Saxos are even rarer.

True that now you mention it mate.

Used to be the car to have when i was 17 haha. That was only 6 years ago..

But i do know of a few people who wrote them off too (most survived. One didnt :()

• Like 1

I have just found my old Honda 750 which was written off in the early 80's with a broken frame after a mishap with a car. First registered in November 1975 it has now only got 30,855 miles :no: registered.......strange how a write off has now got less miles on it now

Just found an advisory on my Dad's old V70 from it's MOT test last month......

Advisory notice item(s)

engine covers and undertrays fitted

What's that all about?????

• Like 1

Simples,

there were engine covers and undertrays and the examiner did not and could not remove them, so no examination was done where the tester could not see.

So no comeback on the tester if something was amiss.

Just a formality.

Yep, mine has all the underbody protection fitted, so there isn't much to see under the car and I always get those advisories.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Just found an advisory on my Dad's old V70 from it's MOT test last month......

Advisory notice item(s)

engine covers and undertrays fitted

What's that all about?????

As George says.

Its quite normal on cars fitted with such things

I've never had that on any of mine and all my cars in the last 14 years have had engine covers and under trays fitted..... Including the Volvo mentioned which has had three MOTs before this one without mention of them.... Maybe it's just how 'by the book' the examiner is?

My other car had an MOT in 2008 and 2009. It's a 2007 model, it didn't need one. It also showed 66k miles on the odometer, according to them, it's actually got 57k on.

I've e-mailed them.

Edited by MickA

• 4 weeks later...

Re my post above #64

Check if your vehicle has been subject to a change of reg number (personal reg) in the last 2-3 years. I checked mine just out of curiosity and it showed my car has the MOT history of 2 cars, my current Mazda and the previous one I had (the one I transferred the reg off)

They aren't in a hurry to reply to emails, I've had one though and currently waiting again for a reply.

Looks like my old '06 Ford Mondeo is still going! This does surprise me. Thought it's death was iminent. Having said that it's retired to the easy life. Only done about 26,000 since I sold it April 2012 with 202,000 on the clock. If it keeps going there's a good chance my '09 Superb will have more miles than it on the clock! Currently upto about 200,500, but down to about 20-25k per year now.

I was just thinking (yesterday) you don't see many C2s about these days, then I saw one with a bean can exhaust. I suppose most VTRs and VTSes have been ragged to death - Saxos are even rarer.

We used to have a C2 GT back in the day.  I've been keeping tabs on it since we traded it in for the Octavia back in 2006 and it's still going according to the website.  Don't see may around here, that's for sure.

I used to be part of the C2 owners forum but last time I looked at that there wasn't very much activity at all.

I was on there too, way back in 2004-2006.  I popped in now and then but I never felt completely at ease as complete sentences and punctuation were a rarity to say the least.  To be fair to the car though, it was cracking fun and we couldn't fault it at all. 

Edited by skinnyman
  • Like 1

I've had a play with a few of my old cars.

My fabia mk1 vRS is still on the road with at last MOT 130k on it. My MK2FL Octavia still has the same MOT that I sold it on. A few have no longer got MOT's though.

Bit of a strange one was my Fiat 500 Twinair, sold that at a year old with I'm sure close to 12k on it and yet 2 and a bit years later the MOT shows only 12996.

I also use this to check a few eBay cars I've been bidding on.

One of my old cars (A TDI) shows a soot levels too high for a non-Turbo derv.

Wasn't a biggy as it needed a new ball joint, which I knew about, but wanted to see what else needed doing before spending out.

The ball joint was fixed and the car passed the soot test the next day (from cold).

Go figure.

• 1 year later...
On 10/26/2015 at 20:07, Brian69 said:

My MKI Fabia vRS (SE04MWU) was on 125,177 when tested on 19 September. It must've had a short spell off the road as the anniversary was 30 July.

Looks like it's no more. RIP.

10 hours ago, Headinawayoffski said:

As to the MOT History checker, i was looking last week and it shows the test station address and not just the Station Number, which i like.

Aye, I noticed that upgrade - interesting to see where my old cars have ended up.