build/delivery times?

aernala

Ok

I am well confused. Been told my build day was early March....

No update last week, called tonight as I heard nothing all day. Spoken to another sales person who told be no update apart from the last one saying my bike date was week 7. Last week? Only ordered 31st Jan?

Dealer's just reported that my provisional build date has been put back to week 20, with likely delivery mid May.  :(

Given that it's being built by Skoda, I wonder if they're building up stocks of the new SEAT Ateca prior to launch and it's taking priority over Yeti production?

Are you sure Skoda are building the Ateca? Haven't seen it reported anywhere in the motoring press.

Seat Ateca is built in Skoda Kvasiny factory, Czech Republic. Czech news are full of it. From Seat Ateca is going to be built Skoda yeti II at the end of 2017. New yeti will be same size and very similar proportions (especially rear side) as ateca.

Edited by faustino

2 more years to market!

Are they trying to kill it?.

I guess they are! Perhaps a victim of VAG's financial woes relating to the emission scandal delaying new models to save cash. If the new Yeti is going to be a clone of the Ateca then why would anyone wait for it? Hikes back to the 1960's and badge engineering between Austin and Morris!  Wonder what the Honda HR-V is like?

Ordered an Outdoor 1.2 SE L DSG, with some options, on 31 December.

Delivered to the dealer yesterday (dealer sent a video of it on the lorry still in its protective wrapping - a nice touch). Collecting it on Friday.

Rather better than the "12 to 16 weeks" initially quoted by the dealer.

Paul

12 weeks for me from order in December to collection, suspect that it could have been quicker if I had not waited until 1/3 for registration, as I think that the dealer had it in their compound for a couple of weeks.

Delivered to the dealer yesterday (dealer sent a video of it on the lorry still in its protective wrapping - a nice touch). Collecting it on Friday.

Paul

That's fantasic Paul.

I ordered my 1.4Tsi L&K on 7th January & the latest update says it is build week 15 and I'll be lucky to get it by May. I wonder if there's a 1.4 engine shortage, or even L&K trim that's delaying mine?

Paul

snap Paul outdoor 1.2 sel dsg jungle green comming Friday too (heated screen/led lights/spare/ matterhorn alloys.

Ordered a 2.0 150hp yeti outdoor sherpa 4x4 here in Ireland on the 8th december, few options(xenons, heated screen, sound system, matterhorns, reverse camera, towbar)

Still no sign of it :-(

Dealer starting to **** me off now as he never gives me any updates or gets back to me. When i ask him he just says its down as in transit.

We ordered our Yeti 1.2Tsi SEL on 3rd Dec, advised about 12 weeks, but might arrive early to mid Feb, as we were away the first 2 weeks of Feb we thought we might as well wait for a 16 plate on 1st Mar. The car was with the dealer around 15th feb and we collected it on the 1st. :happy:

found out last night mine is in the UK......

i am assuming they come in via Hull?

31st Jan order  to 2nd March to get in the UK

Emden, Germany, to Grimsby I think. From there....?

Our order went in Jan 30th so hopefully I'll get some good news soon  :clap:

Emden, Germany, to Grimsby I think. From there....?

Our order went in Jan 30th so hopefully I'll get some good news soon  :clap:

Got a call this morning to say the car was in Grimsby. So, order signed Jan 30, entered factory Feb 11, landed UK by Mar 4. Should have it next week or early following week  :clap: