What annoyed you today whilst driving? **V2**

john999boy

Red corsa following us up the a19 at rush hour when we were heading to York on a job

Cars move out of way for the big yellow and green taxi, cheeky lad follows up behind us missing all the traffic

Ive seen that done before n cheeky is the word!

Reckon its illegal though?

• Like 1

Not illegal I don't think as what's the offence?

Over take has to be safe and legal which if there's no solid white lines and other no no's then I guess it's good :-/

Well thats what i was thinking. Even more annoying isnt it haha.

Just gotta get aim for a traffic light thats on red and camera'd i guess :D

• Like 1

Hahahahaha yea that would teach them

I was flashed for the first time ever last night!!!

By speed camera lucky only a few miles over and on lights so nothing will be said

Had to contact control and let them know tho :-/

Whaa you have to tell them? Why? I thought you could go anywhere at any speed you consider safe and not worry about cameras? Lol.

Ive had a few flash on the bike. Must be some pictures of the front of my bike and my grinning face in the helmet somewhere :D

• Like 1

Well yes and no ( this was something I rised in another thread) yes we can go over the legal limit however we HAVE to be able to justify it.

So the shout we were on was a red2 which is/could be danger to limb or life therefore that was justifiable however if it was a routine green4 job and we set a camera off..... Would be very hard to get away with that

• Like 1

Well yes and no ( this was something I rised in another thread) yes we can go over the legal limit however we HAVE to be able to justify it.

So the shout we were on was a red2 which is/could be danger to limb or life therefore that was justifiable however if it was a routine green4 job and we set a camera off..... Would be very hard to get away with that

Thats understandable, stop driver taking advantage and the like..

i know years ago an ambo driver in my home town used to go through the lights every lunch on the sirens and blues... going home for his dinner. Got caught after about a month and stood down from driving for a while.

Thats understandable, stop driver taking advantage and the like..

i know years ago an ambo driver in my home town used to go through the lights every lunch on the sirens and blues... going home for his dinner. Got caught after about a month and stood down from driving for a while.

Ahahaa.

Id do that tbf. Perk of the job.. :D

With the new trucks they know if you have your lights and sirens on or not if the case maybe

i can imagine theyve got it down to a fine art now mate yeah. 

Even British Gas vans and most company vehicles have trackers on, so the offices can see where they are on a map.. how long theyve been there etc etc. 

I can only imagine the emergency services are even more on top of the job than them :D 

I know I may get some grief for this but.....

People who sit in the outside lane (overtaking lane) on a duel carriageway, overtaking nothing or have pulled out miles in advance to overtake someone, sitting at the speed limit refusing to move over.

If I want to be a **** and speed...LET ME!!!!! So not only do I end up speeding, I also end up losing patience and undertaking them.

If you have not noticed I tend to get road rage very easily.

People who sit in the outside lane (overtaking lane) on a duel carriageway, overtaking nothing or have pulled out miles in advance to overtake someone, sitting at the speed limit refusing to move over.

If I want to be a **** and speed...LET ME!!!!! So not only do I end up speeding, I also end up losing patience and undertaking them.

I don't believe you, because IME these  :swear:  :swear:  never actually reach the speed limit (well unless their speedometers are 15mph optimistic).

Nout wrong with abit of speeding :D

Sitting at the "Give Way" markings at a T-Junction. Traffic approaching from the left. The ones who want to turn right have a filter lane, the rest carry on. Mr Right-Turn flashes me to come out, (saves him having to turn his steering wheel too much).
 Er.. nope - beckon him round as I'm not pulling out into traffic from the left. Consequently, get an unjustified earful as he passes by. Luckily, it's into my offside ear 'ole which is due for a jet wash next week so his expletives literally fell on deaf ears. Or ear.  :D

Loads of people who can't be bothered to use indicators, or put their lights on when it's dark! Also, people who throw their fag ends out the window in front of my car, proper pet hate that one!

Thats when i turn on the sidelights as I overtake and use the window washers..........the headlight washers make quite a nice jet through their window :D

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday.

Middle lane hoggers on the motorway. Refusing to move over.

Then the worst one. Coming back on a country road in the dark. What i think was a Merc coming towards me, with Bi-xenon headlights, on full beam and refused to dip em dispite me flashing. Couldnt see a thing. So im braking and trying not to look at the light, but i was well and truly dazzled.

Causing me to drive straight into a puddle which came half was across my lane (i couldnt avoid as he was next to me by then). It was deep. Fighting it as the car tried to pull me to the side. Fortunately i still had 2 wheels on tarmac so didnt lose controls.

But i did **** myself.

Ok, this was actually a few days ago.

I was 3rd in line, front was a 7.5tonner doing about 50mph, approaching a shortish climbing lane. 2nd drops back, then moves out as the climbing lane starts and accelerates a bit. Half-way up I think "No way am I even getting level with the 7.5t before this ends" and drop back. 2nd needs the rest of the lane and all the narrowing to get past at all. OTOH I would have been past and gone had I not been being blocked!

Hardly any snow yet the roads are still in a ****e state.

Dropping the wee man off at breakfast club I had to get back to the main road, all route are uphill from the school and most of them are steep.

Made the assumption that the bus route would have been well gritted. It wasn't. Bus route is a steep fairly narrow road with a couple of hairpin bends.

Accord is not good in the snow.

Got half way up then some git had parked badly and I had to stop to let a car past. Getting  the car going again on a 1:6 covered in snow wasn't easy. Van had got stuck further up but I got past him and made it up.

Looks like the winters are going to be even more a requirement going forward as gov basically gives up on treating roads properly.