What annoyed you today whilst driving? **V2**

john999boy

It's not so much today, it's everyday..

Those drivers that sit at 45mph - or lower, struggling to negate them due to oncoming traffic or dodgey roads.. who then approach a 30mph limit and continue on at 40mph or greater. One speeders!

They never seem to come across the mobile speed vans!

• Like 2

Not annoyed as such, but amazed.

The route i took today had a particularly high amount of roundabouts on the dual carriageway.

Nearly every roundabout, somebody would start overtaking a lorry whilst going over it, assuming the lorry is going straight on (second exit) too.

Far too much trust.. Especially since some were from abroad, so arent likely to have a clue where theyre going...

• Like 1

Nearly having a crash! Was a little scary!

Came round a blind bend on an A road, to be greeted by a queue of stationary traffic! Obviously hit the brakes hard, but I only just avoided the car in front by swerving into the other lane. Fortunately it was clear as the cause of the queue was a truck using a side road to turn around. If I hadn't of been able to do that, I would have hit the car and it wouldn't have been pretty. The car following me managed to avoid both us, but I think he was going slightly slower, and with me on the wrong side of the road he'd have seen me earlier.

It got me thinking though, the tyres chirruped but I don't remember feeling the ABS through the pedal. Maybe I didn't hit the pedal hard enough. I might have a play on a quiet road this weekend.

I'll definitely learn from it though. 

tl;dr - going round a blind bend and discovering that I was driving too fast.

The Pug 307 driver who was either blind or blind drunk. Weaving, speed varying between 30 and 15, using high beams during the smallest break in traffic - in a street lit area! Breaking hard in the face of oncoming cars or clearing parked cars and cutting corners. Culminating in trying to run me off the road as they couldn't decide what to do... split lanes, use the left or right lane on the DC.

Think I might have been on the phone about that one. Sounds seriously random!

From what I saw of the driver (once I got a gap I didn't hang around to get hit!) it was a very old man with man scientist hair... probably **** poor eyesight and shouldn't be driving in the dark, if at all. Don't have hands free so they would probably just book me for using my mobile :P

The gym bunny on the M6 who stopped at the services and left her phone in the car. Then decided that texting while driving out of the services and back onto the motorway was a good idea. This culminated in her pulling out in front of another car without looking.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

urgh. went up a narrow road to a customers house,, then realised i couldnt turn around.. 

nice of a local to follow me up and refuse to let me reverse back down though. 

had about a 50 point turn in between garages in a T5.. in the dark..in the rain. 

half way round i was wishing i went for the 'get out n tell him to f-in move' option :D 

Driving down a long straight, bumpy, fen road (like about 3 miles and you can see most of the length of it), 60mph, nothing on it so using the centre of the road. Damp road, it's dark, I've got my lights on, I see a car waiting to pull out about half a mile on the left, so I go into the left land in case they pull out. They wait....

..... until i'm under 100 yards away, then pull out, as slowly as possible, like I could walk across the road faster sort of speed.

Apparently because I "Was going too fast" that's legitimate cause to try and kill me and end her own miserable existance. Unsuprisingly, she couldn't tell me what my number plate was when I was parked a car length in front of her. Blind? Stupid? I'll never know. How I didn't hit her, I'll never know. All I do know is, when I put a set of brakes together, they work bloody well. 

Swear I'm just going to get smashed off my tits on tamazapan and drive round at a constant 38mph in the middle of the road, gazing vacantly out of the top half of the steering wheel and never checking my side windows or mirrors. It's what ever other fkr around here does and they seem to do alright. 

Some kid in a polo, come round the bend of a 70mph DC to find standing traffic, I had to brake relatively hard but knew I was good to stop in time, he was sliding down the road in various directions in a cloud of tyre smoke. He must have had mm spare from hitting the car in the lane next to him.

Came home to find Santa's sleigh parked across my drive. When his team finally moved it and I was able to drive past, ready to reverse in, I had to stop again as Santa was walking up my drive!

It was the local Lions group doing 'collections', but they were playing Boney M at full volume and I didn't feel inclined to contribute!

Following a Corsa down the road, we approach a traffic calming/road narrowing thing like this:

Image9.jpg

The woman driving decides to just stop. Traffic coming the other way didnt know what she was doing and stayed at their give way line. I just went round her and carried on. A little while further up the road and I want to turn right, no one sat in the stationary traffic on the other side of the road thought to leave half a cars length so I could turn across them.  :dull: I love how in these situations the people wont even look at you, they'll sit there blocking you and just look straight ahead. :D 

Edited by matt1chelski

Had a land cruiser juust stoo before pulling out in front of me. He then decided to drive 3ft from the back bumper up the street in traffic. Reduced the gap to 4inches wheni stopped at a yellow box.

So i sat and waited patiently until well after he started flashing me. Then, a woman appears on top a pedestrian crossing out of nowhere from behind a bus with a pram! I braked .. land c**ter very nearly rear ended me, if he had i coudve gone over the pram.

I may have gotten out the car then to "politely tell" the wuckfit to back the **** off before he caused a crash.. and then sat with my foot on the brake peddle at the next traffic lights. Utter arsebiscuit

Edit... swear check missed something bold there!

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1

No specific incident but it happens all too often.. People drifting lanes on roundabouts, going straight over in a 'straight line' thus nearly side swiping me as I turn right.

LED Brake lights. So god damn blinding when sat in traffic.

Yep they are that especially if the traffic is at a stand still for ages. Had this the other week so I retaliated by sitting behind them with my Main Beam on, they soon took the hint.

Getting a bloody nosebleed while driving with no tissues in the car = a very ruined shirt and nearly ruined trousers. Upshot I now have a costume for Halloween next year. [emoji1] didn't get any pictures before it got confiscated [emoji34]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Tomia