Skoda Fabia II, broken wires in hinge loom of drivers door

peteonimac

Addendum to this, if you change or disconnect you window switches they will need to send a re-learn signal to the BCM, hold the switch in the down position for 1/2 second after the window is fully open and again when it has fully closed

• 4 months later...

Hello, just about to replace drivers door loom, then I am selling my Skoda fabia 11 estate as it has another major fault if you have a disabled person you need to move about. The fault is the step down into the boot which is about 6”  if you have to load disabled buggy into the boot, the height from the ground to the lip of boot is higher than normal estates causing ramps to be at higher angle buggy scrapes on ground when starting to load when you get to top of ramp the drop is to much and buggy jams there unlike in normal estate cars you open boot and floor is flat ramp angle lower so buggy is straight up and in no problem, why they made a 6” drop at boot is beyond me cannot wait to get rid of this car. I made a false floor to fit in boot same height as entrance to boot which you have to keep removing when you want to use car with 4 people in it. On paper Skoda cars look very good then you find wire looms are a major manufacturing design fault have not heard of other makes of cars with this problem then if member of family becomes disabled you have another design fault with step.