The most dangerous man on the Planet- Don the Con is back!!!!

Lady Elanore

49 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Crikey

calling up the proud bois???

someone commenting from the US did make an interesting point earlier on the radio here...

"If he wins he wins. we got through 4 yrs, we can hold out another 4 and then he has no choice but to leave and cant come back..."

the world would never hear the end of it, but hes right...

• Like 4

Just now, mac11irl said:

calling up the proud bois???

someone commenting from the US did make an interesting point earlier on the radio here...

"If he wins he wins. we got through 4 yrs, we can hold out another 4 and then he has no choice but to leave and cant come back..."

the world would never hear the end of it, but hes right...

I can't believe that after four years so many people voted for a racist narcissistic misogynist. Says a lot about almost half of Americans. 

32 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

I can't believe that after four years so many people voted for a racist narcissistic misogynist. Says a lot about almost half of Americans. 

Because he won't take their guns, probably. 

• Like 1

Mr Trump did not take any questions, telling a briefing without evidence that he would "easily" win if only "legal" votes are counted in what he termed a "stolen" election. Many networks including NBC, CBS and ABC decided to cut away before the 15-minute speech was over, before warning viewers that the claims were unfounded.

If you are just joining us, here’s everything that happened overnight in the race to the Oval Office.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/us-election-whats-happening-who-winning-trump-biden-b1632122.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_content=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1604643345

https://news.sky.com/story/us-election-2020-many-republicans-now-want-trump-out-of-the-party-for-the-partys-sake-12125070
In other words, absolute f'kin scenes :D 

Edited by Lee01

22 hours ago, Lee01 said:

I think this is one of the things that winds me up about American politics - how entwined it is with religious beliefs and evangelicals.

Having said that I then got to thinking about other countries and it's just as bad elsewhere -even here in the UK (look at out last few PM's and how they have been influenced by their religion for evidence...).

If only there was some way of totally separating the two...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aspman said:

I'm just stunned that a supposely educated modern democratic country

the us education system is as built on capitalism as eveeything ekse there -

if you have money, you pay for private education and college etc and make sure you keep your money.

otherwise you go through the badly funded public system to make you literate enough to join the military or go work in a factory, but not wise enough to question the ****tiness of the systems that put you there or why...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, skomaz said:

I think this is one of the things that winds me up about American politics - how entwined it is with religious beliefs and evangelicals.

Having said that I then got to thinking about other countries and it's just as bad elsewhere -even here in the UK (look at out last few PM's and how they have been influenced by their religion for evidence...).

If only there was some way of totally separating the two...

I'm not sure they've actually been influenced by religion; I think they use religion more as a political tool. They say they're Christian or Catholic or whatever but none of their actual deeds seem very Christian to me at all. Rees-Mogg is a prime example (although not a PM) and May especially.  

• Like 1

heard a segment from the debates with hilary during the 2016 campaigns this afternoon and she said (paraphrasing)

"when he is losing its because its rigged against him, caucus loss, primary loss, straight away he didnt win because the system was rigged"

and its the same now. hes too narcissistic to be capable of any type of humility. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

Indeed. The Mayor of Philadelphia knows this and as much as said so.
From an hour or so ago;

Somewhat premature though as he hasn't lost yet so could not congratulate a winner even were he minded to do so.

Mind you admitting defeat prematurely made a right little earner for Nigel and his pals!

7 minutes ago, Wino said:

Enjoyed Greta's 'Dish best served cold' tweet to Turdump

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1324439705522524162?s=20

the replies shes getting are pretty mixed too! mostly from people who probably dont get the content or know who she is 🤦‍♂️