999Pooch's next car - Passat Alltrack 190 DSG

999pooch

linky? Or PM :)

The mentioned deal was for a manual and looking again this has now been withdrawn - I only looked yesterday! The best of the rest deals appear to be for DSG and are only for 12 months, albeit that may tide you over until another deal comes around?

http://www.contracthireandleasing.com/personal/car-contract-hire-and-leasing/volkswagen/golf/

The mentioned deal was for a manual and looking again this has now been withdrawn - I only looked yesterday! The best of the rest deals appear to be for DSG and are only for 12 months, albeit that may tide you over until another deal comes around?

http://www.contracthireandleasing.com/personal/car-contract-hire-and-leasing/volkswagen/golf/

Link doesn't work anymore :( but I don't suppose it was a company called Newbell Finance was it?

They had some 'unbelievable' deals earlier this week. When I rang, apparently they were having big IT issues, and all the published prices were wrong!

Well I've had a really good quote on a Ford RS.

Been told they can supply in June, and will hold till end of July when I need it :)

Added the Luxury pack, which gives just about every extra you need on a car.

Coming in at £300+vat (6 + 23 @ 8k)

Seriously tempted. Never owned a Ford before (except a Cortina I had for 1 week 25 years ago!!)

• Like 3

Been told they can supply in June, and will hold till end of July when I need it :)

Seriously tempted. Never owned a Ford before (except a Cortina I had for 1 week 25 years ago!!)

Do it.

Thread closed.

New thread when it gets delivered.

:-)

• Like 3

RS3 test drive booked :)

Got an all day slot, so pick at 9am, drop back at 5pm.

Going to plan a few nice B road blasts ;)

When is your RS3 Test drive due?

Link doesn't work anymore :( but I don't suppose it was a company called Newbell Finance was it?

They had some 'unbelievable' deals earlier this week. When I rang, apparently they were having big IT issues, and all the published prices were wrong!

Try again:-

https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/car-leasing-companies/independent-brokers/carleasing-online/volkswagen/golf/70921381/

The company is carleasingonline.co.uk - doesn't appear to say who the finance company is, unless I can't see the woods for the trees!

I think that's a fantastic deal for the car that it is - a quick search shows a 9 + 23 8k deal at £311.99 pcm plus £2987.91 (including fees) totalling £10,164 (£276 cheaper than the claim you received) and this is FULLY MAINTAINED, albeit it makes no mention of the optional packs. 

I know the packs can be quite steep so your quote may actually be better when compared with the maintenance side of things.  Interestingly the tech date shows the BHP as 350!

https://www.contracthireandleasing.com/car-leasing-companies/independent-brokers/gateway2lease/ford/focus-rs/80657764/

Edited by Chubbs

999pooch,

Speeding in the R!?

Well you could have waited until the RS3 test drive this Friday and then denied it.

Enjoy the drive on Friday!

• Like 1

Any closer to the BIG decision?! :p

Nope!!!

Test drive the RS3 on Friday :) unless it blows me away I think it's too expensive.

Got quotes on the Ford RS. The cheap G2L quotes has horrendous excess charges after the 8k (35ppm). The other cheap deal (Leden) was £37 / month more expensive than originally quoted. He forgot to add the luxury pack!!

So basically a Ford RS (with lux pack & metallic paint) comes in at £400 / month on a 6 + 23 @ 10k.

Was thinking maybe a Golf R with DSG & DCC might not be a bad idea, around £360, same terms as the Ford RS :)

• Like 1

Come on then 999pooch,spill the beans,how did your RS3 test drive go? Deal done,when di you take delivery!?

So had the RS3 for the whole of Friday :)

It was Viper green, and quite a few of the options I would tick, including Mag ride & the sports exhaust ;)

Needless to say with the combination of the loud colour and even louder exhaust it turns heads :D

I'm not going to bore the pants off you by doing an in depth review (unless thats what you peeps want), but I kind of think most know what it does and how it does it. To get any more info you need to drive one yourself.

What I will say is, it would fulfil what I need in a car. It's quick, handles well, comfy (with mag ride) and doesn't look too bad either. I would probably choose white with no additional exterior packs to get a real sleeper. Unless I press the loud pedal I don't want too many people looking.

I did about 100 miles, mainly small A and B roads from Hull through to Bridlington and onto Scarborough for Fish & Chips :)

The funny moments were mainly with my parents in the back, I picked them up in Brid. They are both in there 70's so I didn't go wild when they joined us, but there were a few single to dual carriageway overtaking opportunities and I took them with WOT, with my father laughing his socks off and my mother screaming for her life :D

There was one big sticking point, the seats. They were fitted with the leather Supersports seats, which I've had in my S4 previously. They are fine looking seats, and I'm sure most people find them great. However, I have a dodgy back and I had forgotten, or maybe not drawn a direct link between the horrendous back pain I use to suffer when I had my S4. On the test drive I noticed a increasing amount of pain in my lower back, culminating in me sitting half way across the base on the final return to the dealers to ease it. Suffice to say I now have to drive another Audi with the alternative (free option) leather seats to see if they are OK. As a post note to this subject, whilst I still have daily back pain, it's generally pain I can put in the background. The standard cloth seats in the Golf R are supremely comfy, and may end up being a clincher when the time comes. There is no way I could get a car which inflicted that type of pain no matter how good the other aspects are.

Anyhow, went through the finance with the business sales guy who has been excellent, not pushy, arranged the whole thing with no drama or sales pitch. The figures are not as good as I've been quoted elsewhere, although this didn't come as a surprise! He has asked me to forward these to lever better prices.

So, do I want one, yes. Is it worth the money, errr, mmm, aaahh, not sure.

At this stage I need to drive a car equipped with the standard leather Sports seats, which is easily arranged as they have a few there.

So no decision yet, but if the seats aren't comfy then it's out anyway.

Edited by 999pooch
  • Like 1

Not a fan then :(

I can only go on the opinion of others, a number of whom describe the handling in lacking some excitement, but what do I know! Tbh I'm sure if I sat in one and blatted it about I'd probably want me be too, but more than the focus, or the alfa? Probably not.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I can only go on the opinion of others, a number of whom describe the handling in lacking some excitement, but what do I know! Tbh I'm sure if I sat in one and blatted it about I'd probably want me be too, but more than the focus, or the alfa? Probably not.

Focus is £100/ month cheaper :) Just got a bloody annoying itch ;)
  • Like 1

As far a handling goes, ithe RS3 was not a mile away from the Golf R. Similar with a slightly heavier overall feel, more than compensated by the 20% increase in power and silly noises made by the exhaust.

Still really like the R though. I was pleasantly surprised getting back in it after the RS3 and still feeling the love :)

• Like 1