Anyone want a luggage net thingy for the parcel shelf?

Gyp

are you sure that you have 2? when we bought ours there were in fact 2 nets in the boot, one small one large (like the above in your link) :)

Definitely.

I bought one when I bought my first Yeti, and took it to my second Yeti, which had one in the boot when it was delivered.

(Though I will double check before heading to the post office)

One here too - for the price of postage? :thumbup:

It sounds like Gyp's two are accounted for. Can I have yours please, Merlinman?

I'll PM you now to get some payment details from you.

Edited by KBPhoto

Gyp - do you still have one available as Merlinman can't find his?

I also can't send you a PM for some reason.

Edited by KBPhoto

If anyone has a spare one I will also be delighted to pay the postage.

My boot is always a mess - wheelchair, shopping trolley and then all the cleaning stuff, umbrellas etc. :D  This would help I think with the bits and pieces.

I got two with my Yeti but up to now I've never worked out where to put/use them.

The long net goes across the boot, the short net along one of the side rails.

If you look at the side rails there are small cut-out on the back towards the extremities, and that is where they fit.

2015-09-25-1144_zpsuvocg1o9.jpg

2015-09-25-1143_zpskjowxa66.jpg

There seem to be two different references to the 'nets' here.

As Llanigrahm says, the two part nets are for boot floor as shown in his pictures.

The parcel shelf one allows the shelf to slide inside the 'net' providing a cover to the top of the shelf (making use of the dip in the parcel shelf to be able to store items on there without them flying off) and also provides an under shelf storage 'net' for light weight items.

If anyone has one of the latter available (as per the link in the OP) I'd be grateful as I am after one but think they are overpriced.

• Like 1

There seem to be two different references to the 'nets' here.

As Llanigrahm says, the two part nets are for boot floor as shown in his pictures.

The parcel shelf one allows the shelf to slide inside the 'net' providing a cover to the top of the shelf (making use of the dip in the parcel shelf to be able to store items on there without them flying off) and also provides an under shelf storage 'net' for light weight items.

If anyone has one of the latter available (as per the link in the OP) I'd be grateful as I am after one but think they are overpriced.

I want the parcel shelf one too, but agree that they are overpriced for what they are!

The long net goes across the boot, the short net along one of the side rails.

If you look at the side rails there are small cut-out on the back towards the extremities, and that is where they fit.

Thanks for that - but what I want to know is what is my walking stick doing in your boot?

Thanks for that - but what I want to know is what is my walking stick doing in your boot?

Are you sure you haven't got mine?

That is a clever walking pole. If you unscrew the compass on the top it becomes a camera mono-pod!

Another stupid question.  I have two hooks on either side of my boot.  What are they for?

I believe you may have answered it yourself, but

At what height from the boot floor are they and are they plastic or metal?

If they are indeed hooks and about 40cm from the floor they are for hanging shopping bags on to stop shopping from moving in the boot and very well they work too.

Or you could put your handbag on them to save pulling the choke out and hanging it there :devil:

They are indeed for hanging things on to stop them sliding about the boot.

Very useful in cars without a spare wheel, but less useful in cars with a spare as the raised floor makes them too low to hang a normal sized carrier bag on.

Do all models still get the rails each side of the boot with two sliding hooks on each?

• Like 1

Ah yes, they are too low for plastic bags, which confused me as to their use.  I do have a spare wheel and I like the raised floor as I can slide the wheelchair in and out.

Oh well.........I need to rethink my boot arrangement.  The back seats are full up with a bathstep to help Mum in, umbrellas, rain hats and various jackets for the farm ......bang go my good intentions to keep the car tidy!!

Horses.....sigh :D

• 2 weeks later...

If you flip the hooks up, raise the floor past it and then flip it down again they hold the floor up so you don't have to rest it on the back of your head whilst getting spare wheel, tools, spare waterproof - or in my case jet boil stove and lunch/drink - out of the wheel well

Sent mainly by pure luck using Tapatalk

Here we go again :sweat:

As a 'mere' female, I have never actually looked under the floor of the boot.  When it gets warmer, I will have a look as its supposed to have a spare wheel.  According to all you petrol heads it also has storage - well, well (no pun intended) that could be very handy and will help with my messy boot.

I really appreciate this forum - very informative. 

I also bought a boot liner in Poundland - haven't tried it yet.  I think the quality will be a little suspect though :D

Will the hooks also work for take-away chish'n'fips??

Edited by twoladies