New Golf R - Part 2

john999boy

Probably a natural event of exhaust gas movements and pressures relating to the fast gear change over a manual slower change I'm guessing Kenny. It's not a real annoyance in Eco or Normal mode . Haven't real used Race mode yet. That being said this old fart can probably live with it.

• Like 2

Why did they make the dsg make the annoying noise on gearchange??

If you mean the "farty" blap it makes on full throttle up shifts, my guess is a rather pathetic attempt at making the TSI lump sound sporty, along with the even dafter sound enhancer in the cabin. I guess that's the turbo effect where conventional "harmonic" valve timing isn't appropriate. I can't see why a proper sports exhaust wasn't fitted, if ford can do it and pass the drive by regs so can VAG....

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

VW & Ford and others have Type Approved current model cars and EU Euro tested and sold or to be sold Globally,

Figures on the V5 including noise. (Outside noise)

Lets see just how VW, Ford and others get on when the EU gets on with bringing in Real World testing of Emissions and maybe fuel consumption & noise.

The real world testing will tell the real tale of Electronic Control Valves and the likes, the noise a car makes out in the real world,

not as it was monitored on a rolling road for EU testing.

Surprised how dirty those exhaust pipes are on your old one Keith, you would think they would of cleaned it before putting up the images for selling.

Just been out and cleaned my pipes after last weekend's run around managed to get all four dirty after a bit of race mode :)

I like my DSG gear change parps, does the manual not do it then?

Edited by Defenderben

Surprised how dirty those exhaust pipes are on your old one Keith, you would think they would of cleaned it before putting up the images for selling.

Just been out and cleaned my pipes after last weekend's run around managed to get all four dirty after a bit of race mode :)

I like my DSG gear change parps, does the manual not do it then?

Nope, just the usual overun stuff :)

My old V6 S4 had nice crackle, pops & farts, however borrowed a V8 RS4 for the weekend, and jeez that was like thunder in the car. 1st time I popped into sport and downshifted I thought the back end of the car had fell off!

• Like 2

My old V6 S4 had nice crackle, pops & farts, however borrowed a V8 RS4 for the weekend, and jeez that was like thunder in the car. 1st time I popped into sport and downshifted I thought the back end of the car had fell off!

That's more like it

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Now they do make a proper sound!

B&O hi-fi equipment IMHO is generally all show and no go...certainly for what it costs.

My parents had B&O sound systems and TV's when I was a lad (in 80's/early 90's)...im sure theyve come on like everything but even then you were buying a block of aluminium and rosewood with little or no capability.

...seemed to always impress my friends though that we had B&O stuff and in fairness it really didnt break all that often.

.....I think we still have a rosewood clad Beocenter 2600 radio/tape deck hidden away in my Mums house somewhere haha

NOTE...sorry this was just in response to earlier B&O comments.

Edited by pipsypreturns
  • Like 2

But it does last for years and years. The quality is good.

Sound quality is personal taste really. My mates big on the B&O stuff. Several TV's, one 65 inch one, sound bars, subs etc etc. It does sound good, but isnt bass heavy as such. Personal taste.

Even the remotes weigh a ton haha.

Its nothing like what is put into Audi's n what not though. That is just badged up crap.

I'd never buy one make. Current system is a Hegel amp and ATC floorstanders, and a JL audio sub. Nice and clean up to pub band SPLs!

Edited by stever750

B&O hi-fi equipment IMHO is generally all show and no go...certainly for what it costs.

My parents had B&O sound systems and TV's when I was a lad (in 80's/early 90's)...im sure theyve come on like everything but even then you were buying a block of aluminium and rosewood with little or no capability.

...seemed to always impress my friends though that we had B&O stuff and in fairness it really didnt break all that often.

.....I think we still have a rosewood clad Beocenter 2600 radio/tape deck hidden away in my Mums house somewhere haha

NOTE...sorry this was just in response to earlier B&O comments.

Go listen to the Octavia, a3 and Leon

Standard system in the R sounds pretty reasonable to me and the upgrading package is bloody good quality for the money.

http://www.whathifi.com/news/dynaudio-excite-sound-system-review-vw-golf-mk-7

Oh! My B&O home sound system, which I've had for 15 years , is total pleasure to listen to and look at.

However,I'm probably a deaf old fart!

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 2

Will this be my soundtrack or will I be happy with standard farts! Will have to wait and see.

Unlike many on Briskoda the engine/ soundtrack/ synthetics engine/exhaust note is the lesser of my buying top ten car requirements.

But never say no if it's quality to match the other key features.

http://m.millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=1510

Sorry no actual soundtrack available yet,but take a listen to Hatch version for a taster!

Edited by vrskeith

I'd never buy one make. Current system is a Hegel amp and ATC floorstanders, and a JL audio sub. Nice and clean up to pub band SPLs!

Might need an R estate to fit those in :D.

I did have a Yamaha amp, Mordaunt Short Mezzo 2 fronts, mezzo 1 rears, sub etc

Got rid of it all though for a Cambridge Audio sound plinth (to save space really).

Audison speakers in the Fabia, with a Zenec ZE2015 headunit which im really happy with. But i am tempted to Amp the fronts and put a little sub in :D.

• Like 1