2016 F1 General Discussion Thread

camelspyyder

That Ferrari clearly don't like anything that threatens it's apparently narrow operating window, and Raikonen seems more able to drive round it than Vettel in many instances.

In optimum conditions I'd say Red Bull and Ferrari are pretty equal, with Red Bull drivers making up for Ferrari's slight edge perhaps.

Max still weaves way too much compared with anyone else on the grid.  Soon someone with DRS open will come up behind him and get launched into the sky.

He's been allowed to get away with it the whole 18 months he's been in F1.  

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

RBR could well be quickest at the Hungaroring.

Not impossible. I think more likely to split the mercs. Last years race aside Hamilton is very strong there and was much quicker than Nico.

Hungary and Singapore should be good for RB. Good to see Adrain Newey on the pit wall, as Anthony Davidson said "somebody who can see the wind". Max did look great through many corners hounding Nico R.

£180 for a ticket to for Sunday at Silverstone.  

All that dosh fans have spent to watch the first 5 laps behind a saftey car. Racing is Racing. Should have been a proper start and if theres a first corner pile up so be it. 

Even the BBC Commentators were saying the saftey car wasn't needed.

• Like 1

Good race but was almost dry when safety car came in , should have been two laps earlier , loved the in car shots of Rosberg with max and Alonso with Perez . Some great spins and catches too . Shame Button was so far down , Love to see him in changeable conditions but safety car robbed us of that

Safety car should have been in after one lap and gone quicker, seemed even that was struggling for grip so at least a rolling start behind it wasn't too unreasonable even if it did stay out too long.

Lewis nearly hitting the pace car was an indication of the track conditions ie quite grippy even though it was so wet.

Lewis nearly hitting the pace car was an indication of the track conditions ie quite grippy even though it was so wet.

I think it was more an indication of being caught out by how slow the safety car was. I don't really follow your logic there. Not sure how a track in those conditions, at that speed (little downforce being generated) in an F1 car can be described as quite grippy. If the safety car is struggling, it ain't that grippy.

Safety car was too slow, he wasnt able to get enough heat in the tires and more important, in the brakes. Brakes didnt bite, that's why he almost hit Mayländer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that was pretty dull. Merc hiding their potential until RBR tried the undercut, and then they went faster and it was over.

Agreed. But Rosberg must be seeing his Championship hopes disappear into the sunset!

• Like 1

Clearly the yellow flag incident during qualifying got Hamilton's blood up as he made the best start this season.

Clearly the yellow flag incident during qualifying got Hamilton's blood up as he made the best start this season.

That would have been blooming frustrating. Thought Alonso drove very well in quali apart from that though. Must have been pretty tricky for Rosberg putting a case forward for lifting enough and still getting pole. Was a pretty boring race though as Hungary often is when there's very few incidents and good weather.

Rosberg does have an ace though. Lewis is desperately short of engines and is going to get grid penalties.

I dont reckon it'll hurt him too badly. He's on his last Turbo and MGUH, wack both them on at Monza, 15 place penalty granted but set the car up for it and he'll finish up near the podium I reckon. Time will tell though! 

• Like 2

I dont reckon it'll hurt him too badly. He's on his last Turbo and MGUH, wack both them on at Monza, 15 place penalty granted but set the car up for it and he'll finish up near the podium I reckon. Time will tell though!

Agreed. You don't often see Lewis not on the podium even with penalties, if it wasn't for him doing that at the start of the season he wouldn't be where he is now. If he can limit damage points wise on those races, we all know anything can happen, there is such a thing as a DNF which can happen to anybody (including Rosberg). Luck has a habit of shifting around...

• Like 1

Verstappens consistent weaving in braking zones to be discussed at drivers safety briefing before the next race.

About time too. I never want to see another single seater flying (thinking the terrifying Webber crash at Valencia or even worse Jeff Krosnoff at Toronto '96 (RIP))

Verstappens consistent weaving in braking zones to be discussed at drivers safety briefing before the next race.

About time too. I never want to see another single seater flying (thinking the terrifying Webber crash at Valencia or even worse Jeff Krosnoff at Toronto '96 (RIP))

Didn't seem right to click 'like this' to that post, but I agree.

Thinking about it the consequences of Rosberg's over-defending could have been a lot worse. Always massive risks with open wheelers.

While I agree with the comments on Verstappen's defending, Rosberg seems to be making a habit of this 'not bothering to make a corner' thing now, Verstappen went to cover, decided to leave Rosberg room which was all fair enough until Nico doesnt bother making the corner until Max has nowhere to go and is off the track? 

I have no issue with hard defending and overtaking at all, but for gods sake, try and turn into the corner, not just carry on straight past the bend. 

Hamilton's championship lead now 19 points, seems a long time ago when he was 43 points behind Rosberg.

• Like 1

Got to say fair play to Rosberg in qualifying, one chance to nail it after an electrical glitch but he did. Looking forward to watching the race highlights later so I can actually see the Nico/Max incident. Looking great for Hamilton even with the upcoming engine penalty he should still be in the lead afterwards