Return of the 'Wait for it, Wait for it' thread

Lady Elanore

little one wouldn't sleep and now I've got to finish off my work that should've been done by now.

Tomorrow is my last day with the project.. just want to wrap up and tie up all the loose ends.

You need alcohol. Everything is better with alcohol.

• Like 1

You need alcohol. Everything is better with alcohol.

I'm a teetotaller. I'd probably make a bad alcoholic anyway based on how much I comfort eat. :D

• Like 1

The joys of a baby...I can post here without setting the alarm [emoji122] [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by MattHunt
  • Like 2

Bout of insomnia.

Well not insomnia as such, I just can't get to sleep sometimes. If I could get to sleep I'd stay asleep but the first stage is the hard bit.

Doing boring 'puter maintenance. Backups etc.

Got the wee man back after he's been at Nana's for a week, so no lie in to recover tomorrow.

I know that one.

( and I have lost one of the baby bottles, this is going to niggle).

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you got poomageddon cleaned up matt, luckily our little guy is sleeping through now :D just gettin tidied up for the drive home. Not a bad nights work done!

And.. i even managed to get the christmas count downs done!

Edited by mac11irl

Hi, actually my wife did it. ..I made her a tea. Glad you're getting more sleep with your son.

Tonight Elena has decided she wants to suck so we are trying a dummy but she still won't settle. Nobody has really slept since 9pm son this could be a very, very long night

Woke up in hotel room in Brussels. Fortunately I'd gone to sleep there too. Fridge is noisy when it cycles on and off. Tried unplugging it, and then found that I couldn't turn the tv off, even after I plugged it back in. Had visions of ringing reception

"The TV won't respond to the remote any more"

"Did you unplug the fridge?"

"I ... may have ..."

Fortunately it came back after a while.

Interesting to have been inside a couple of EU buildings for a research project kick-off meeting. (It seems a bit suit-y and glamorous).

Found that the project acronym chosen is also the name of a music streaming service.

Edited by wonkyewok
  • Like 3

And another bit of project complete..

not looking forward to the 12-13hr shift tomorrow night for my part if the main works :( 9pm to 930am

Back up at 2.20....just off to bed again [emoji17]

Straight up i dont miss those first few months... wouldnt change my son for anything, but my god i dont function well on broken sleep..

• Like 1

Wide awake now waiting for the Morphine to kick in, the plus side is I managed 4 hours sleep, the most for over a month......who needs alcohol to get spaced out....

Couple of minutes early... but i hate teething, on my son's behalf... 3rd night hes been more unsettled than any time in his 15months due to top teeth cutting through :( poor little spud has slept so well the last 8months or so this is just breaking me!!

• Like 1

Wide awake now waiting for the Morphine to kick in, the plus side is I managed 4 hours sleep, the most for over a month......who needs alcohol to get spaced out....

How was the morphine mr G?

Hope you got a few more hours sleep

Edited by mac11irl

Just about to finish first 12 hour night shift in a few weeks as I've been off. I'm really struggling now, glad I've only a short waft home in my luxobarge.

With me having a dreadful sleep pattern of late, it's the middle of the night for me now, so I should be allowed to post....

Morphine tastes horrible, but it works, I can manage about 4 hours in between doses until the pain takes over. With all of the other meds I am taking i can manage around 1 1/2 hours at a time with lucid thoughts, and generally feeling normal, which for me is probably longer than when I was ill........

I even managed a trip to the supermarket yesterday, and bought a load of crap that I don't need, so business as usual I suppose...

Back to bed for a bit then, night night........