ezero1 device (CGON)

dowding

25 minutes ago, Unprogrammed said:

I gave an opinion on what I found and that is it as far as I am concerned.    

An opinion from a new member as their first post?

Not a good endorsement I would say.

BTW do you have any connection to Cgon Technology by any chance?@ - yes I am a cynic :cool:

• Like 1

I really can not understand why the UK Government never just offered to purchase and have fitted this proven 'Emissions Reduction' device to any Euro 5 VW Diesels and then charge VW Group for the expense of that.

Surely the German Government would have approved that, they could have used the resources they have to do all the testing required and done the same in Germany.

Not only make owners have the vehicles get the Defeat Device removed, but have this 'World Changing'  Proven Pollution Device fitted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got the wrong reaction.

Too stunned was I at the overwhelming evidence produced to support the product.

I think it work, therefore it works, therefore your arguments is invalid.

5VSYk6VE5kl18w4o1b2ssv5Xo1_400.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Am I wrong in thinking "emissions analytics" have some connection to cgon, or were cgon claiming emissions analytics had tested their product and said it worked? I'm sure there was some connection which had been voiced and had been perpetuated again and again by the mindless press copying and pasting reports.

No you're not wrong, they definitely claimed to have done some testing there.  Used to be a video, I think loud and proud on their homepage, telling of the testing they'd done and miraculous results.  Perhaps EA decided it didn't show them in a good light to be associated with CGON? Seems to be just a video of some Golf going to Joe Blow motors for an MOT instead now.

Yup, i saw the video as well..

Edit

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-4812942/Brian-Sheard-invents-CGON-cut-motorists-fuel-bills.html#

Once you get past all the Ex RN talk, there is mention of EA doing testing.

Dont forget though, the results were the subject of a couple of Advertising Standards Complaints, which were upheld, relating to the figures for mpg and emissions reductions... 

Probably why the old vid had to get taken down..

Edited by mac11irl

Is it just me or is the marketing changing away from MPG reduction to cleaner emissions?

The marketing is great for the box I'll say even if the benefit is debatable.

9 hours ago, Aspman said:

Is it just me or is the marketing changing away from MPG reduction to cleaner emissions?

The marketing is great for the box I'll say even if the benefit is debatable.

Maybe they realised selling it as a box of quantum Hocus that the user tops up with a little bottle of Pocus that could could defy the laws of thermodynamics  AND clean your engine at the same time was too much of a stretch. Sell it on the emissions "ability" and it gets more interest given the current status of older engines in terms of "bans" and "congestion charges" etc..

Hopefully some of these professionals that have businesses and are Suppliers / Installers that also have MOT test stations and also do DPF cleaning services will come back on the forum and tell us how they are getting on with using the device on their old company vehicles and how their customers are getting on as well.

Good to see a move, albeit a slow one, towards being interested in air quality. Above unity gains in energy was very damaging to it’s potential reputation.

I do wonder why no peer reviewed scientific paper has been written examining and interpreting the air quality data. The lack of data analysis, good or bad, is very frustrating. Opinions are largely worthless on this topic if one wishes to make a sound conclusion.

For those still suggesting putting a different gas into the engine to change gaseous emissions is some form of magic, do consider how a basic EGR works and what CO2 does do to reduce some emissions by reducing peak flame front temperatures in diesels.

Edited by andythechief

No. I saw no point buying and trying to test the unit because the method to test its function is not universally accepted or agreed. Without a reliable method to compare emmissions with and without an active device, there is no baseline.

Just buying a unit and using it are not what I would call collecting data. Circumstantial evidence is fine, but it’s not data.

I would expect to see a cleaner, less sooty burn but Mot particulate sensors are not sensitive enough to determine effects. And the vehicle needs to be moving, ie engine under load. So again, I have no method to validate results.

If Emmission Analytics can’t do this testing or are not prepared to release data, I’m not sure I’ll stand a better chance.

very frustrating if it does have a positive effect on harmful emissions.

One wonders where all those saying city air quality is increasingly so poor are in debates likes this. Surely air quality ‘experts’ would have techniques to confirm or deny device effects? 

1 hour ago, andythechief said:

For those still suggesting putting a different gas into the engine to change gaseous emissions is some form of magic, do consider how a basic EGR works and what CO2 does do to reduce some emissions by reducing peak flame front temperatures in diesels.

Hydrogen would increase the combustion temperature therefore increasing the NOx having the opposite effect of the EGR. This was pointed out much earlier in the thread as another contradiction of the claims made. 

Sure, this could indeed be the case but do you have any data to back that up quantitatively?

An EGR does not bleed exhaust gases unnecessarily all the time, only under lean conditions. If it were active all the time, it’s effect would also be detrimental.

The point is that many suggest that introducing gases into combustion has no effect. A negative or positive effect is still an effect.

Data would confirm what effect, under what conditions, by how much etc etc.