I like the ACC, deal with it.

Just wanted to start another absolutely pointless thread to tell ya all, that I LOVE the ACC in every aspect. It makes driving so much more comfortable on motorways, and it´s a great safetyfeature as well. Combined with a DSG box, it´s simply brilliant, and worth every penny.

• Like 4

Just to add to another pointless thread, I don't like the ACC, it's not a safety feature, it's a convenience feature that allows the driver to be lazy and not fully concentrate on what is going on ahead. Front assist alone is a decent safety feature.

Oh by the way Gaselle, by your logic, most internet forum posts must be pointless. If you like ACC, good for you.

Edited by Pete T

Just to add to another pointless thread, I don't like the ACC, it's not a safety feature, it's a convenience feature that allows the driver to be lazy and not fully concentrate on what is going on ahead. Front assist alone is a decent safety feature.

Oh by the way Gaselle, by your logic, most internet forum posts must be pointless. If you like ACC, good for you.

A thread just to express an opinion is pointless to me, yes. A thread with a valid question regarding our cars, coding, problems, features etc. are much more valid, in my opinion.

This is nothing against you. All the threads regarding "I just ordered" etc. are pretty pointless to me as well, since that information could be gathered in the "order tracker" thread for instance.

• Like 1

Yes, but your roads are much quieter, and much better maintained than ours in the UK (not to mention straighter as well). I spend most of my driving time avoiding pot holes.

Just a question: does ACC work worse on roads with pot holes? :nerd:

Because in my country roads are also not brilliant, but this does not stop ACC to work great. B)

Since you are not accelerating/braking you can be more focused on pot holes avoidance :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:  thus getting better success rate. :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Anyway, and here we are: ACC is not just CC, but it also helps you preserve your car by letting you to be focused on pot holes avoidance. Jupiiijej... Skoda UK should charge more for ACC :).

Edited by mtl
  • Like 1

I love acc on my manual! Just deal with it! It's a case of when to use it and how to use it successfully... Country pot hole ridden bendy roads, just enjoy driving the car. Motorways with lane hoggers, enjoy the ride.

I actually think my L&K is more economical with it operating and the 'quality' of the road surface does not affect its operation either. It is only a tool and I don't rely on it under any circumstances however it makes sticking to a speed limit simpler wherever there are cameras lurking - Northants & Thames Valley seem to have vans out all over the place, and even at night now too. I use the traffic assist most days as there are queues in a few places both ways on my commute.

I would happily have a radar-free mode but TBH just by dropping back a bit the radar lock goes off anyway. I run mine on '3-bars' except in queues.

Although I like the system, I don't like the part that stops me passing on the left on a divided highway where I am going down a long slip which divides off up to a mile ahead. OK I just need to take-over the throttle to get past say a slower truck but the system should be able to monitor what is dead ahead, and just 'flag' the slower right lane traffic on what is now a different road in the same way the mirror blind spot works but on the Maxidot.

Edited by FelisBengalensis

I like ACC with respect to the traditional CC which it is replacing on some models, it is a much safer system from my experience!

The biggest worry is the human in the vehicle behind with their foot on the throttle or running traditional CC that is momentarily distracted and fails to see or react to a change in speed behind you.

Edited by Defenderben

I was following a BMW the other day that must have had ACC on. He was keeping a good distance from the car in front but his brake lights did come on occasionally, especially on downhill stretches, as the system tried to maintain the distance.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I was following a BMW the other day that must have had ACC on. He was keeping a good distance from the car in front but his brake lights did come on occasionally, especially on downhill stretches, as the system tried to maintain the distance.

BMW has classic CC with braking function for quite a few years now. And it can hold the speed also on downhill by applying the brakes, thus brake lights come on. But of course it could also had ACC.

Edited by mtl

Working as designed: if I have set the ACC to x mph and 2 seconds it has to decrease speed if either is violated, and when going downhill the only possible solution is to brake (or alternatively it might help to gear down). I don't see this is a problem :)

You will also see lorries' brake lights come on occasionally when going downhill for the same reason. 

My 2004 mondeo (first car I had with cc) would hold speed on hills, thought that was a standard thing that all cc did tbh...

My 2004 Mondeo with CC did not hold the speed downhill. Only enginebraking, nothing more.

But I do love ACC! Only annoying thing with it is when radar clogs up with snow. Then it wont work at all....

Have just travelled through France to Grenoble and the ACC is great to use. However there was a lot of rain for part of the journey and when this cleared was getting spay from trucks and the sensor stopped working. I switched the whole thing and restarted again seemed to work then stopped again. I got out and cleaned it but still stopped. Was not until that I think it gad dried out that it the started working again. I think water must be getting behind.