Ice scraper

In the winter(whenever that is nowadays) take the ice scraper from the fuel flap and put it in the door pocket. If its icy chances are the flap won't open to remove it to clean the side windows. Front and back arn't a problem, they're heated. Just being picky

• Like 1

Does any make of car have heated side windows and suround to help defrosting and lowering in frozen condition yet ????. I'm going to spray silicone furniture polish around the seals to see if it helps. It does on door seals.

Does any make of car have heated side windows and suround to help defrosting and lowering in frozen condition yet ????. I'm going to spray silicone furniture polish around the seals to see if it helps. It does on door seals.

It is the factory installed Webasto auxiliary heater. Every window is clear even -28 C after 30 min.

Seen the scraper, but never needed it.

Edited by Grumpy Finn

It is the factory installed Webasto auxiliary heater. Every window is clear even -28 C after 30 min.

I've looked at fitting a plug in heater for the coolant system a few times over the past few years but I've never taken the plunge yet. It would be nice jumping straight into a cold car and being able to get instant heat.

Did you really mean 30 minutes ?? Some of my journeys are only that long !

I'd move to a warmer country.

The Webasto is ace. So nice to come out to a warm, frost free car every morning.

Too bad you guys in the UK can't spec them.

Not allowed those in the UK as an option fit. Apparently it never gets cold enough....

The blue fingers on my right hand at 7 o'clock this morning would beg to differ. I reckon they'd make a killing on (factory fit) auxiliary heaters in this country

The Webasto is ace. So nice to come out to a warm, frost free car every morning.

Too bad you guys in the UK can't spec them.

There are a few after market options if you're that fussed.

I wanted on of these http://www.frostheater.com/ just plug it in to a timer and have it warm up for an hour or 2 before you go and start the car. The diesel you save in winter will probably cover the cost in electric it will use

Only thing is, being designed for the US its 110v and 60Hz so would need a converter.

Couldn't you use covers or would they just get brittle and break a lot. Seems a lot of energy to have to keep having to defrost for 30 minutes at a time !

Certainly more sense than long running the car to heat up though, admittedly.

Having a garage seems like a really good idea there if you can get one ! Must save you thousands a year in heating lol

Couldn't you use covers or would they just get brittle and break a lot. Seems a lot of energy to have to keep having to defrost for 30 minutes at a time !

Certainly more sense than long running the car to heat up though, admittedly.

Having a garage seems like a really good idea there if you can get one ! Must save you thousands a year in heating lol

30 min uses less fuel than start the cold engine and warm it up driving.

Warming the carage cost much more than warming the car using auxialiry heater. And you have to buy the carage first.

Edited by Grumpy Finn

It's 2016, nobody uses their garage for its originally intended purpose anymore.

I do, can't be bothered with all that scraping the windows every morning

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

For the last 16 years I've used a bottle of cold water, more recently I've combined that with a heated seat. I love the cold, hopefully next week will be full of it in Tignes but round here this year we have barely seen minus 2, let alone anything like our Norwegian brethren deal with.

For the last 16 years I've used a bottle of cold water, more recently I've combined that with a heated seat. I love the cold, hopefully next week will be full of it in Tignes but round here this year we have barely seen minus 2, let alone anything like our Norwegian brethren deal with.

Not been much worse than minus 4 here this year. But everything ices up before that. Sheet ice outside today. Picking up my son from cubs earlier someone slipped and took down 4 of us. Michelin cross climates made it feel like a dry Road

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Some theving bxxxxxd stole my ice scraper at a garage while I was paying for my fuel. The car was a day old, there must be a world wide shortage of ice scrapers. The guy at the skoda parts counter thought I was joking when I asked for a replacment.

Edited by Alpha2110

In the winter(whenever that is nowadays) take the ice scraper from the fuel flap and put it in the door pocket. If its icy chances are the flap won't open to remove it to clean the side windows. Front and back arn't a problem, they're heated. Just being picky

If it is icy enough to freeze a press to open plastic flap then you can be sure the doors will be frozen closed. Leave it where it is and prevent door pocket rattles. Vaseline on the door seals if they freeze, scraper in the plastic fuel flap where there is a slot for it.