LED Indicator bulbs?

Anyone had experience of LED Indicator bulbs on their Mk.3? Lots for sale at varying prices and many guarantee no Canbus problems. I'd be grateful for comments before spending. Thanks.

I have them all round on my mk3, however they are causing the radio to play up.

I had the fitted to my 2014 mk3 - no issues

I removed them and fitted them to my 2016 mk3 - now causing radio reception issues when indicating.

As far as errors go there has been none, although I have set the indicator channels correctly with VCDS (there weren't any errors before this though)

Looks like the Amundsen 2 unit might not be as well shielded from EMF as the previous generation, either that or mine is faulty somehow. I don't find the general reception anywhere near as good ad my old one :-(

A number of Superb MK3 owners (myself included are using the Philips X-treme Vision LED indicators... they are VERY good, come supplied with a heat sinked resistor but they were not needed as they are plug and play!

I second the Philips LED indicators being excellent! Have some on my VRS, the resistors were not needed if I remember correctly (I think). Got them coded to LED's anyway for good measure.

Here's a comparison with the standards on the Octavia: https://youtu.be/uUh25GK4n-w

I was just thinking of this on the weekend & came across this video on youtube

I'm sure this guy is on here? Could be Aki78? the username is different from this youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlYllYl799I

but the garage door looks alike  :D

Edited by BATVANVRS

Yep, my videos. :)

Link to the brighter indicator bulb.

Great design, very bright and the light completely fills in the reflector housing.

Just look at the bright spot on the garage door.

The only downside (for me) is the color...not as nice/vivid/deep amber as with the CREE bulb. It's like the original bulb with some whitish tint.

Minimum twice as bright as the original incadescent bulb. :)

• Like 2

Looks great! Do any of you have the Phillips in the front indicators too? If so any videos of how they look with the DRL's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have these fitted to my FL O2: http://www.morimotohid.com/led-lighting/morimoto-xb-led-1156-bulbs.html

Like xpower, I've coded them so their are no errors or load resistors. The only issue is that they don't sell a PY21W version so instead I replaced the bases with the original e-marked one from the bulbs I removed.

Great value as I paid about £5 a bulb and also have the white variant fitted as DRL.

I removed them and fitted them to my 2016 mk3 - now causing radio reception issues when indicating.

As far as errors go there has been none, although I have set the indicator channels correctly with VCDS (there weren't any errors before this though)

Looks like the Amundsen 2 unit might not be as well shielded from EMF as the previous generation, either that or mine is faulty somehow. I don't find the general reception anywhere near as good ad my old one :-(

Have you got them fitted to the front? Any problem with DRL's?

Yeah I have them fitted front and rear. I have tried removing them 1 by 1 to see if it was an issue with 1 of them (or the front set) but as long as there is 1 in it affects the radio.

The front Merc LED's don't cause an issue at all. As I said, the exact bulbs didn't cause an issue in my 14plate mk3.....

Yeah I have them fitted front and rear. I have tried removing them 1 by 1 to see if it was an issue with 1 of them (or the front set) but as long as there is 1 in it affects the radio.

The front Merc LED's don't cause an issue at all. As I said, the exact bulbs didn't cause an issue in my 14plate mk3.....

Thanks

Yep, my videos. :)

Link to the brighter indicator bulb.

Great design, very bright and the light completely fills in the reflector housing.

Just look at the bright spot on the garage door.

The only downside (for me) is the color...not as nice/vivid/deep amber as with the CREE bulb. It's like the original bulb with some whitish tint.

Minimum twice as bright as the original incadescent bulb. :)

Aki,

Do they need coding via vcds?!

Can't tell you at the moment as I started to change the base to PWY24W. I will use them as front indicators.

Probably they don't need coding as they use the same electronic (PT4205 based LED driver) as my previous LED bulbs and the measured power is higher (5W vs. 6W).

This tiny LED driver somehow fools the ECU without parallel resistors...

Can you confirm that they are the sa,me bulbs front and rear

They look like different bulbs in the front, just looking into the headlight. So are they same front and rear?

I thought to access the front indicator bulbs you needed to smash open an access panel as the headlights are sealed.

To cover the hole you have to buy a repair kit from Skoda! Bonkers.

Bulb conversion finished here. :)

Game over for the old CREE bulb...

IMG_1759.jpg

base removed

IMG_1765.jpg

electronics removed, time to clean out the old glue

IMG_1766.jpg

ouch, that hurts...

IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

finished product :)

IMG_1774.jpg

Result!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-W7KoyFqsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9o9O8m9uGA

It's a shame they don't sell this great bulb with PWY24W base.

• Like 2

Just ordered the same set as aki78 link above :) for my rears, thanks for the help & info  :thumbup: aki78 & xpower are lightning gods B) when it comes to lightning etc, there's nothing these 2 guys don't know.

& the above videos with the work you put in aki78 for those lights look amazing well done, really impressed mate  :clap:

Edited by BATVANVRS

Just ordered the same set as aki78 link above :) for my rears, thanks for the help & info  :thumbup: aki78 & xpower are lightning gods B) when it comes to lightning etc, there's nothing these 2 guys don't know.

& the above videos with the work you put in aki78 for those lights look amazing well done, really impressed mate  :clap:

One thing that strikes me as quick as a flash is that they're now in charge of the weather.  :D  ;)

• Like 1