Would you pay £39K...........

That's the dealer cashing in, nothing more. That's a second hand car at a brand new price. Seeing as you don't pay VAT on used cars, that's the dealer pocketing the difference!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

That's the dealer cashing in, nothing more. That's a second hand car at a brand new price. Seeing as you don't pay VAT on used cars, that's the dealer pocketing the difference!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't pay £39K+ if it was new TBH

• Like 1

In Ireland, this car comes in at around €48,150, for the Style spec, and cannot be got in L&K spec, as it would probably go up to over €52,000. along with an annual road tax of €570.

......for a Second hand Skoda

There getting a Tad expensive to be honest

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=605585513

WOW, that's nearly £11k more than what I'm paying for mine....same colour and seats as well, I can wait 3/4/5 months I think rather than line their greasy pockets. Have a look at the new r/h drive Mustangs......a lot of them a good £12k over the price....disgusting, should all be lined up and beheaded!!!

I always wonder about the motivation of posting threads like this.... We all know which way it's going to go....

Errrr, no one says you have to join in, I'm mearly stating a fact that £39K+ is a tad expensive for a second hand Skoda.

Give it 15 years Dacia might cost the same

Errrr, no one says you have to join in, I'm mearly stating a fact that £39K+ is a tad expensive for a second hand Skoda.

Give it 15 years Dacia might cost the same

Ok

Not for a red one, and 40k is A6 territory.

But to get the same spec on the A6, will inflate the cost significantly beyond the Superb price. I don't think comparing a base spec A6 with a Superb 3 L&K that has everything is the same. in fact, just run through the Audi and came in at 47K and I had not added everything the L&K has.

Edited by mannyo
  • Like 1

Paid 38K for my Superb and would have paid more if I had to.

Yes you can get an E class for that money but only a basic one (and they are pretty basic at this price) and even if you specced an e class to the level of my Superb you would not have got 4x4 as this is not available on UK cars. I know nothing about Audis or BMWs and have no interest in them but did look at the Passat before I ordered but you cannot get high performance petrol engines with these so that was a non-starter.

Would I pay 39K for the car advertised?, (it's hardly S/H!) yes, I think so, especially now as the wait for a car from the factory seems to be never ending.

Looking again the answer is no I would not buy this car, it does not seem to have the Tow bar!

Edited by philsmith

But to get the same spec on the A6, will inflate the cost significantly beyond the Superb price. I don't think comparing a base spec A6 with a Superb 3 L&K that has everything is the same. in fact, just run through the Audi and came in at 47K and I had not added everything the L&K has.

Not if you are sourcing through a broker. My Merc is very similarly specced to an L+K 190 DSG hatch and there is not a great deal between them in price. Plus my Merc will (hopefully) hold its residuals better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jaytip

I always wonder about the motivation of posting threads like this.... We all know which way it's going to go....

This is precisely why Nick_H made his initial comment, the thread has become a "My Dad's bigger than your Dad"

We've all made choices and hopefully we are all happy with them, someone will always try and make a shilling if something is in short supply, the buying public will dictate whether that is right or wrong.

So forget comparisons between Audi, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz or any other manufacturer you care to mention, we have all made an informed choice and now its time to enjoy it :)

Yep agree, must apologise to Nick for my, perhaps sharp reply, it wasn't my intention. Sorry Nick

I was mearly pointing out that the Skoda Brand is no longer the cheap end of the New/used Car market. 

Even the brands of Kia, Hyundai and alike are getting into the upper class prices.  As I posted earlier Dacia, i think, will be the next Quality budget brand.

• Like 2