Exhausts

I had my exhausts fitted today :) very happy with the look, still getting used to the increase in sound but it's a very good sound!

Here they are, honest opinions? 

IMG_20170522_163927_377.jpg

20170522_162020.jpg

20170522_150457.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, drewellis said:

Here they are, honest opinions? 

The tailpipes look a little low for my liking but other than that it looks good.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, superbtte said:

Like the sound. Any booming at highway speeds?

9 minutes ago, micloi said:

Does not sound intrusive at all. A job well done!

It sounds really nice but around 2000 rpm I must admit it's a very low rumbling/bassy sound which may cause some vibration. I've ordered some dynamat to line the boot floor, hopefully that'll do the trick. I've read that adding dynaliner over the top actually isolates noise too so if I really have to I'll add some of that later, but I drove on the motorway tonight and despite the rpm being 2000 at around 70mph it wasn't intrusive. It's when I start to accelerate the deepness returns lol.... 

Edited by drewellis

• 2 weeks later...

Update: basically, they were too loud. The guys at Custom Auto Fabrications managed to refit my original backboxes but with the new quad tailpipes fitted.

So now I have what I originally asked for - a great look with no impact on the lovely quiet luxurious ride of my L&K :D plus I got a bit of money back!

• Like 1

On 2016-5-31 at 11:19, Enriquez said:

No, they just make a oem look copy.

hmm....the picture you added after this post doesn't look OEM :(

Edited by drewellis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey all. I have experimented a little bit with exhaust mods. I’ve tried resonator delete, sounded raspy and garbage. Tried resonator upgrade to hotdog, that sounded tinny and ****. Then I just went a full custom xforce job from Penrith muffler man. That was a cracking job but it was too loud for me. Now I’m back to stock again. Has anyone tried keeping original resonator and changing the mufflers at the back?

17 minutes ago, Pasroh said:

Hey all. I have experimented a little bit with exhaust mods. I’ve tried resonator delete, sounded raspy and garbage. Tried resonator upgrade to hotdog, that sounded tinny and ****. Then I just went a full custom xforce job from Penrith muffler man. That was a cracking job but it was too loud for me. Now I’m back to stock again. Has anyone tried keeping original resonator and changing the mufflers at the back?

I did, have a look at my pics earlier in the thread. The replacement mufflers were so loud that my entire car rattled like a ******. They were on for 2 days and I had the originals put back on. I tried a few other things but in the end it was a total waste of money. Now I've gone back to the 220 hidden exhausts with a Sportline diffuser, looks great. 

Literally your only hope of getting it to sound good would be to buy the 280 exhaust system and have it wired up/coded correctly to VCDS. Other than that it's either own a stupidly loud car (which doesn't suit the comfortable and serene Superb and will eventually drive you to suicide) or just trade it in for something that sounds better. 

13 hours ago, drewellis said:

Literally your only hope of getting it to sound good would be to buy the 280 exhaust system and have it wired up/coded correctly to VCDS. Other than that it's either own a stupidly loud car (which doesn't suit the comfortable and serene Superb and will eventually drive you to suicide) or just trade it in for something that sounds better. 

i have a 220tsi and its very hard to find a second hand 280 exhaust system that can be retrofitted.

so instead, i'm planning to get the sportline diffusor.

did u fit urs by yourself? was it difficult?

i'm assuming u got the superskoda one.

1 hour ago, JR RS said:

i have a 220tsi and its very hard to find a second hand 280 exhaust system that can be retrofitted.

so instead, i'm planning to get the sportline diffusor.

did u fit urs by yourself? was it difficult?

i'm assuming u got the superskoda one.

Hi no it's pretty easy but a little tedious, especially having to re-attach all the sensors etc. Have a look at my post <here> hope this helps. Happy to help further if you get stuck, one bit of advice is that the reason I struggled on my first attempt was I didn't use enough force to remove the old one. I was scared of breaking it but you have to be pretty tough to pull it off. Use a flat screwdriver to prise the clips apart. 

Was sat behind an Overfinch Range Rover yesterday, two lovely chrome exhaust outlets in the bumper with the Overfinch branding - only they weren't.  Just in front and inboard of them the exhaust pipe ends were turned down towards the road! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2017 at 22:42, xman said:

I vaguely seem to remember there was some EU directive that dictates the exhausts point down. Probably to stop particulates being launched high into the air.

On older Euro 3 (and before) and non DPF equipped Euro 4 diesels we qwned the exhaust tips always pointed down and considering the amount of crap that came out when you booted it there was a good reason. Euro 4 with DPF and later diesels all had strait pipes and were remarkably clean when booted.

But whereas all non VAG petrols we have owned have had strait pipes both the Leon 1.4 TSi and the Superb TSi have had turned down pipes.  But with the Leon ours was the SE 140 PS, if we had bought the FR 140 PS it would have had strait pipes.

Basically it appears to be down to styling and since I cannot see the tailpipes while I am in the car I don't give a monkeys about which way they point.

• 3 months later...

Anyone thought of trying to use the Audi A6 tailpipe trims, they are just tips and would fit in the twin tailpipe trim piece fitted to the 4x4, look just like exhausts as they are metal chrome trims with the exhausts behind.

New-Audi-A6-Avant-5dr-Rear.jpg

3 hours ago, The Skud said:

Anyone thought of trying to use the Audi A6 tailpipe trims, they are just tips and would fit in the twin tailpipe trim piece fitted to the 4x4, look just like exhausts as they are metal chrome trims with the exhausts behind.

New-Audi-A6-Avant-5dr-Rear.jpg

The Superb diffuser is a different shape to the A6 so the tailpipes will look wrong IMO

pic2.jpg

8 hours ago, Gizmo said:

The Superb diffuser is a different shape to the A6 so the tailpipes will look wrong IMO

+1

@The Skud

before decide i have made several preview pictures how they can look

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/392652-exhausts/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-4822104

https://www.drive2.com/b/480989059225748155/

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 13:08, Gizmo said:

Is there a way to mount them to the bumper / body? 

Obviously on a 190 with adblue tank fitting to the exhaust is not possible. 

(STILL waiting for my SportLine diffuser from superskoda.... ordered in October!!)

My thoughts on this are that the standard diffuser has the two recesses either side which look like they should house exhausts but don't, this gives a flat section that a tip could be mounted to from the other side, the right hand side one could be cut back to allow for the adblue tank on the TDI and unless looking closely it would be difficult to see any difference between them, I'm thinking the Audi a6 ones or saw some nce ones on a Volvo D4 recently. mounting tips to the bumper is pretty much what all the manufacturers seem to do now, actual exhausts with tips fitted seem to be pretty rare......still thinking this through....and stalking cars with bumper mounted tips to see what they look like!!

• 4 months later...

Well I've spent even more money I don't have on a new catback system which was designed with a lot of thought by the new owner of Eurosport Exhausts in Lytham St Anne's.... it sounds great at full throttle but cruising around just makes the 220 sound more like a golf gti which is perfect. I went for large amg replica tips with no logos and I think they look great :) let me know what you guys think. 

20180816_172845-1032x774.jpg

20180816_172832-1032x774.jpg

20180816_172901-1032x774.jpg

• Like 2

• 7 months later...