2012 Superb hatch/saloon

1) Lift the front of the seat base, and then iirc it just pulls forward. There's a couple of clips that need releasing, then you can simply remove it.

1) Lift the front of the seat base, and then iirc it just pulls forward. There's a couple of clips that need releasing, then you can simply remove it.

You're right - that's how to do it on my estate. If you have rear heated seats you just need to be a bit careful of the wiring loom that goes from the seat to the seat mount (I know this as the dealer broke mine when messing with the seats/fitting the Skoda Dog Guard. 2 trips and 2 weeks to get that sorted!).

Would anyone happen to know if the seat bases can be pulled up on a 2011 Superb?

I can do it in my 06 Octavia but my fathers 05 Octavia you cannot!

Seat bases come out on my 2011 Superb estate - lift the seat lip and the whole cushion should pivot out. It's possible the bottom trim level might not have this though, as I noticed the boot mounted seat release levers don't show up in the bottom trim on the Superb 3, so possibly they've been running 2 seat styles for the Superb 2 also. The seat cushions on my 2005 Octavia also lifted out so the seat back can fold flatter - that was an elegance spec hatchback...

• Like 1

On my 2010 twin-door the seat base doesn't pivot - at least mine doesn't - it's a full bench seat base, but does come out by lifting the front up off the clips, and then, as i said above, releasing the rear clips. Then the whole thing comes out completely.

i think the shark fin left during a car wash

The sharkfin is normally a single sealed unit, if the outer cover has come off then you should replace the entire unit.

- drop the rear of the headlining

- unclip the connectors to the antenna

- undo the single nut

- remove the old antenna

- clean the surrounding area

- fit new one in reverse of the above

Otherwise, you might be able to find a used/new antenna and prise off the outer cover and glue it in place.

If you're replacing it, just make sure you get the correct fin for your car as they come in many variants: DAB/FM/GPS/GSM/Webasto

I don't think anything is missing from antenna. That's how it was supplied from factory. My March 12 SE had a sharp fin, but father's Oct 2012 had just a black cover as you described. Radio was always fine.

I don't think anything is missing from antenna. That's how it was supplied from factory. My March 12 SE had a sharp fin, but father's Oct 2012 had just a black cover as you described. Radio was always fine.

Isn't the radio antenna on the rear window? 

Yes the shark fin is for the GPS and mobile phone use. The radio aerial is the vertical bars in the back window of the twindoor. (The ones that look like they are part of the demister element).

The earlier twindoors had a different style aerial with a normal style aerial mast sticking out of the sharkfin which was later changed from 2010 onwards (possibly MY11 onwards) to the latter style of having the radio aerial on the back window and the gps in the sharkfin.

I've attached a picture of the original style mixed radio/gps aerial/sharkfin.

post-9093-0-35975900-1460976717_thumb.jpeg

Edited by WaveyDavey

Thanks for the confirmation of the seat bases. I loved that feature on my outgoing car, and would possibly miss it on another Octavia, not sure I'd be too worried on the Superb, but it is nice to know I can still do it.

• 3 weeks later...

which side do the aerial cables run from for rear window ?? cant find any

My shark fin only has one cable so it must be GPS ( no gps unit in car tho )

The shark fin is also for rsap bluetooth. It can be for either phone/gps/both. My SE didn't have bluetooth as standard but had 'Phone Prep' where they run the phone aerial to the back of the radio, so ew just connected to that and rSap works great! :)

• Like 1