Lofty's Sprint Yellow Fabia vRS Mk1 - "Project Daffodil"

Lofty

23 hours ago, Lofty said:

I’ve been trying to find some original (In period) dealer showroom plates for shows, black with silver Fabia vRS lettering. As dealers back in the day we had them, same as what’s featured in the brochures, but alas I’ve had no luck yet😔

If you have a picture of these mate i can recreate the artwork for you and supply you with a perfect 1:1 replica PDF file. All you would need to do is find someone who can print number plates. DM me if you'd like.

31 minutes ago, Brogeur said:

If you have a picture of these mate i can recreate the artwork for you and supply you with a perfect 1:1 replica PDF file. All you would need to do is find someone who can print number plates. DM me if you'd like.

Oooh thank you! I’ll see if I can find a good enough picture.

3 hours ago, fabdavrav said:

I just scanned my old brochure.....img0285.thumb.jpg.2276918468e7b0fcf9d7f427f5a90159.jpg

just the ticket! Thank you.

1 minute ago, faboka vrs said:

Chrome lights and chrome grill 👍

on a black car yes....😂😂. For gods sake don’t wake secret Kev up again John 😳

Edited by Lofty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 06/10/2019 at 18:55, Lofty said:

I’m having to manage the need to decorate the house before we move and the need to get in the garage to tinker, both have won today 👍🏻

Now that the wet sanding and machine polishing is done on the drivers and passenger sides, and is also done on the bonnet and tailgate, it’s time to get stuck into the boot shuts etc.

I removed the entire boot seal and soaked it in a bucket of hot water and Bilt Hamber surfex HD. This allowed me to clean it all easily with a work MF towel. 

The painted boot shut was given a good going over with BH Surfex and the detail brushes, before being polished with good old Autoglym Super Resin. I still use this polish for these areas as it’s light cut is good for cleaning areas like this. The main paintwork of the car is waxed with Nippon Shines Soft 99 “king of gloss”.

Quite pleased with the boot area now.

A082AC5F-C9B2-4560-9E4C-08EE7697EE66_zps

89124443-C97A-4D4D-ABF0-D608E6064F6F_zps

85862C33-2142-4750-9E38-F2FBB3CBD8DE_zps

And a pic of the outer paintwork..

DB1F8BAB-AB9D-4D1A-A8D2-0E833FBD995B_zpsLooks so good now its nearing completion , wish I could see it in the flesh ,with exceptional attention to every detail a real credit to you Lofty.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...