Problem with Grundig radio Aux input

Thanks for the reply!  So It looks like the strong part of the sill suitable for jacking is long enough to fit both a jack and a stand at the same time. 

Edited by areed

I knew from the beginning that your concern was about "how do I jack the car then slide the axle stand in the exact same place?"

I should have told you that the lifting point is not mathematically precise. The only danger is rust related. Never trust a rusted sill.

I knew from the beginning that your concern was about "how do I jack the car then slide the axle stand in the exact same place?"

I should have told you that the lifting point is not mathematically precise. The only danger is rust related. Never trust a rusted sill.

You got me :p

At the front of the car, the sill has a thicker bit at the jacking point but this is too narrow for a stand too - hence why I put the stands elsewhere.  I thought the back was the same, but your pictures show a lot more space there.

I'm fortunate in that the sills on my car seem to be solid and mostly rust free at the moment :)

I'm fortunate in that the sills on my car seem to be solid and mostly rust free at the moment :)

If in doubt on sills' solidity or just as an extra precaution, use the floor panel stiffeners as an alternate lifting point. The trick is to use a solid plaque between axle stand and floor to spread the load.

If in doubt on sills' solidity or just as an extra precaution, use the floor panel stiffeners as an alternate lifting point. The trick is to use a solid plaque between axle stand and floor to spread the load.

Sorry if its a stupid question, but could you point out on your photo what you mean by floor panel stiffeners?  Would that be the section painted red in the photo below?

bUzwqM9.jpg

Edited by areed

The well for the spare wheel counts as "reinforced floor panel". The rear of the car is very light compared to front.