The 230 Club, who's in...............

Had a long chat with the dealer and I have decided to wait for the 230

It's what I real want so getting a ordinary Vrs will be disappointing.

I've been told they are very embarrassed buy the customer telling them the news about the engine shortage.

They have also promised to look after me and can cancel the order and get deposit back at anytime.

If I do cancel they will keep the order as a stock car

• Like 1

I've been told they are very embarrassed buy the customer telling them the news about the engine shortage.

They have also promised to look after me and can cancel the order and get deposit back at anytime.

I have come to the same conclusion. Been looking at all other vrs versions and their kit and 230 is so much better for the money. October which I expect it will be for me is a long wait, so disappointing, but hopefully will be worth the wait!!

good call i think. i'd ask specifically what "look after me" means, might be able to get them to thow in some servicing foc or similar?

i had a long wait for my 230 - its worth it IMO :)

if you need a meteor 230 "fix" in the mean time no problem to have a run out in mine if you're near oxford.

good call i think. i'd ask specifically what "look after me" means, might be able to get them to thow in some servicing foc or similar?

i had a long wait for my 230 - its worth it IMO :)

if you need a meteor 230 "fix" in the mean time no problem to have a run out in mine if you're near oxford.

Thanks for the offer Rob, might take you up on that.

So today, I thought I would test drive a seat Leon cupra 290 and boy was it amazing... I'm in two minds now, though the difference between the Octavia is that the cupra is much faster, actually sounds pretty good, and it doesn't rattle! Which is a breath of fresh air as my Fabia rattles all the time and look like it's made from spaghetti.

Really not sure. I placed the order a few weeks back, now I just need to wait. I've been given 1st September but from what you guys have been saying regarding the dates and that you ordered before me. It has put me off

Looks like I'm out, no build week and the dealer says it could be December, I'm not waiting that long.

Asked the dealer why some one orders a car on 28th May and gets a build date, I order on the 19th and don't

Stinks to me of them holding on to your order. They will have met their sales targets for the month of may so will have kept your order on hold and not submitted it until June so it goes towards June's target. Hence you not getting a build date when someone who orders AFTER you does.

Annoying little games that dealers play

Edited by flyingpigvrs

1. Mr Goldfinger, Meteor Gray on order, 01 sept 16
2. Mattsv, Coroda Red, Delivered April 2016
3. Skully - Meteor Grey Hatch - Delivered 28th May 2016
4. KjetilRos - Black Magic Estate. Delivery approx week 23
5. Faboka - Black magic hatch - build week 29
6. auditek, Black magic hatch- waiting on build date.
7. rob_e, meteor estate, delivered 3rd March 2016
8. camelot1971 Coroda red estate DSG
9. AndyPetit - white estate on order.
10. Thebluemk2 - white estate, delivered January 2016 
11. Nezman - meteor estate(obvious choice! ;-) ) - delivered May 2016.
12. willdaVRs - meteor hatch - waiting on build date
13. TechyDonkey - Corrida Red estate DSG, BW24 (w/c 13th June)
14. Daveclar- Black Combi manual. Build week 26. Delivery End of July 2016
15. Devl - Meteor Grey Combi, DSG, delivered July 2015.
16. Dubhman284 - Me..white 230vrs hatch..April 2016.. :) 

17. Furn - white hatchback petrol manual. ordered today waiting for email to confirm build date delivery etc

just ordered today but after reading this thread im anxious to find out when ill actually get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

having been away for 3 years im making a return to skoda the 230 is a nice looking motor with just enough equipment to tempt me away from my insignia vxr.

Edited by furn

1. Mr Goldfinger, Meteor Gray on order, 01 sept 16

2. Mattsv, Coroda Red, Delivered April 2016

3. Skully - Meteor Grey Hatch - Delivered 28th May 2016

4. KjetilRos - Black Magic Estate. Delivery approx week 23

5. Faboka - Black magic hatch - build week 29

6. auditek, Black magic hatch- waiting on build date.

7. rob_e, meteor estate, delivered 3rd March 2016

8. camelot1971 Coroda red estate DSG

9. AndyPetit - white estate on order.

10. Thebluemk2 - white estate, delivered January 2016

11. Nezman - meteor estate(obvious choice! ;-) ) - delivered May 2016.

12. willdaVRs - meteor hatch - waiting on build date

13. TechyDonkey - Corrida Red estate DSG, BW24 (w/c 13th June)

14. Daveclar- Black Combi manual. Build week 26. Delivery End of July 2016

15. Devl - Meteor Grey Combi, DSG, delivered July 2015.

16. Dubhman284 - Me..white 230vrs hatch..April 2016.. :)

17. Furn - white hatchback petrol manual. ordered today waiting for email to confirm build date delivery etc

just ordered today but after reading this thread im anxious to find out when ill actually get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

having been away for 3 years im making a return to skoda the 230 is a nice looking motor with just enough equipment to tempt me away from my insignia vxr.

21 week wait from 1st August for Hatch 230 (UK)

Happy Christmas maybe!!

21 week wait from 1st August for Hatch 230 (UK)

Happy Christmas maybe!!

I was onto my dealer yesterday and he told me they have been onto Skoda Uk and I was told

10 week build + 3 weeks for a 230 + 3 weeks for the Factory shut down in July...........still 16 weeks though

just spoke to my salesman Derek Slacks in Middlesbrough, he ordered the car yesterday, i just told him about these long wait times and he checked the system and my car has a week 33 build date. So fingers crossed i should get it in September.

you could always beat the que and go for this one http://www.motors.co.uk/car-41409281/0/srs

a touch steep seeing as Broadspeed can get the same car for £27k on PCP etc. I spoke to the dealer this morning and he's not really interested in knocking it down any. 

£34k for a pre-reg even with that kit is certainly a bit steep. And no discount for the thousand miles on the clock.

There's no discount for its miles or the fact it's pre-registered. Think it needs to drop at least £5k. The fact it can't be leased as its registered puts me straight out although it is my perfect and more spec.

I went for a look at a Leon but the dealership wasn't open for 10 minutes even though all the salesmen looking at me and the Mrs nobody opened the door. Little things.

Have ordered moon white vrs 230 on April 26th 2016. Dealer gave me delivery date of July 30th or earlier.. Have been given build week 31 which by my calculation is first week August.. dealer confirms this is still on target but how can I have my car built after it has been delivered?? Anyone shread any light on this??? Looking at these posts don't think it's going to be delivered on time!!

Phoned the dealer today and added a sunroof to my order

AND........wonderful news I have a build week, Week 31     :dance:     :ninja:

Were you still able to add options even though your through the order?

As far as I know or understand my car is Week Build 31 but at status 10, this means the B W can be brought forward or put back therefor extras can be added. Once the car goes to Status 20 the factory is committed to which ever build week has been given at that point, after status 20 nothing can be added to the build. I or the dealer doesn't know what the time scale is between Status 10 and status 20. It's up to the factory to decide, I would think it's on the number or orders at that time.

Does that make sense ?

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

It's ok to top spec a car but when it come's to trade it in it's worth no more than a lower spec model.

Totally agree, it will be a bargain the next time it's sold! The 230's seem to be losing value quicker than all the rest too.